***The Official May 2016 Thread!!***

I made my dining reservations today finally.... I got BOG lunch, Chef Mickeys breakfast, Teppan Edo dinner and 50's Prime lunch. The rest we will eat QS, and will hopefully eat MOST breakfast in our condo. Or in the van on the way to the parks. Lol

Some of the QS I'm wanting to try is Pinnochio Village Haus, Friars Nook, Sleepy Hollow, Pizza Planet, San Angel Inn (that's the QS one right? Brain fart lol)....oh and yak & yeti.

And I'm also hoping to make it to Beaches & Cream for the kitchen sink. And also get the mini sinks- they have those are at the Plaza ice cream parlor right?
Looking for others who are already looking forward to a May 2016 WDW vacation! :yay:

We are planning this trip to celebrate our baby girl's high school graduation! :cool1:

Hope to hear from others SOON! :rolleyes1

Dot*
Just booked my May Trip. My 50th Birthday is in Feb but I don't want to risk being delayed in a Blizzard and I want warm weather for my trip. Very Excited! This will be my 24th trip to WDW but first time in MAY. I am looking forward to the Flower and Garden show at Epcot. Hoping the new Frozen attraction will be open but not counting on it.

I just booked my trip to PopCentury with my boyfriend for May 22-27 :mickeyjumI can hardly contain myself! We ended up booking flight through Jetblue! Also, any tips on visiting in May?! Thanks all!:stitch:

My mom and I just booked our trip for May 21st through the 24th celebrating my high school graduation:cool1:!! We will be staying at the Doubletree by Disney Springs rather than staying on site. This will be our first trip in 15 years despite being Florida residents my whole life:tigger:!

We are booked for May 21-June 2. Split stay POR and CBR - first time at both and so excited! Thinking about APs since we also have a trip booked in August 2016 and planning one for March 2017.

Anyone know if they will have the 24 hour event this year?

I'm so excited! Just got our combo tickets! Also, most importantly, I bought a new folder:
$_12.JPG

Hey everyone.... just booked our Late May/Early June trip. This will be the fourth for DW and myself, third for DD times three, and the first for our newest little princess. Staying at AOA Nemo Suite this trip.... thoughts?

Hey everyone.... just booked our Late May/Early June trip. This will be the fourth for DW and myself, third for DD times three, and the first for our newest little princess. Staying at AOA Nemo Suite this trip.... thoughts?

We have stayed in the Cars suites twice & loved them. The space is awesome! I'm sure you'll love AoA!

Wow, nice to see so many May visitors! :yay:
I'm arriving on the 8th and staying in ASMovies until the 14th, then off to enjoy Miami. Will be my second visit (first in 2013), my SO's second visit since she was a little girl, and my mom's and BFF's first visit ever! And also the first time I stay in a Disney resort. So, needless to say, we're mad excited! can't wait! :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

I decided to splurge & add 1900 park fare to our arrival night. It's 7:45, which is a little late for us...I'm still deciding whether or not to spend that kind of money on a meal, when I'm trying to make this a budget trip! I also considered beaches & cream for arrival night, so obviously a huge difference, but I just don't know. 1900 seems like more of a dining plan option.....maybe I'll cancel. Idk!!!!!!!! It was a spur of the moment decision lol

Ok at this point, I'm keeping 1900. Beaches & cream is booked. That being said, can't we get the mini sink ice cream at the plaza in MK, or can't we walk in to beaches just for ice cream? I must get these mini sinks...... I'll keep trying to get beaches, just for the cost savings.....but if not, I need a mini sink alternative!

Ok at this point, I'm keeping 1900. Beaches & cream is booked. That being said, can't we get the mini sink ice cream at the plaza in MK, or can't we walk in to beaches just for ice cream? I must get these mini sinks...... I'll keep trying to get beaches, just for the cost savings.....but if not, I need a mini sink alternative!
Yes, you can get the mini at the Plaza, or at B&C's take out window. To eat inside (even just ice cream) you need an ADR. Walk ups are slim due to the small size of the restaurant. However, most of their sundaes can be purchased at the window if you ask. :)

I'm pretty sure you can go for just ice cream. I have an ADR for our Epcot night as then we can walk over and get ice cream as it's really later. 10.40pm!

Thank you for the ice cream advice!!

Now- I signed up for Touring Plans. I'm basing my plan off of a toddler centered plan from wdw prep school, but using touring plans to add in our bigger stuff & arrange it all. Here's to hoping we can stick to it well! Anyone here used it before?

And in other news, I got banned from a large Disney related fb group last night by I posted a stock photo of something Disney I bought (no links, no brands, nothing but the photo) just to share bc I thought it was cute, and someone messaged me saying they felt compelled to reach out to me be apparently I got ripped apart over it by the members (I never even saw it, I was busy...) and the post was deleted and I was instantly removed & blocked! I didn't think anything of it when I posted it, but later thought yeah I think I did actually break a (dumb) rule, but yet it's ok for ppl to post memes, photography photos with no credit given, and other things from other places online, yet I couldn't post a licensed Disney product? But that person was very kind to me when apparently others were over the top mean, and she sent me a screenshot later of a post of someone else calling out the bullies, and nasty ppl, saying that she was leaving bc of the ridic behavior. So I'm glad I had a couple ppl sticking up for me. So if that's how it is, then I don't want to be a part of a nasty group, I'll enjoy these boards & my other groups that seem to have WAY less drama!

87 days to go!:drive:
ADRs made & scored everything we wanted! :woohoo:
Less than a month to go before booking FP+ :eek:
Booked Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage for arrival night pirate:
Anyone else have over a dozen Touring Plans made and is totally over thinking every decision??:confused3

It's freezing here in New Jersey, so my big Friday night plans will be wearing lounge pants, bundling up under a cozy blanket with my laptop and making even more plans & creating surprise trip announcements of some sort for the kids, oh & getting lost in Pinterest :rolleyes:

@sarahrdh - that's terrible. I stay away from most FB Disney sites. I tend to lurk more then I post here too. I'm certainly not as knowledgeable about Disney as most here are, but sometimes some people can be rather rude.
SOME - not most by any means, I love it here!:disrocks:

Also, has anyone used tickets at work? I'm planning to purchase through there- my MIL is the one that actually gets access, and from what I understand, she won't need to be present when we go? I have her Log In info, it looks like as long as you're logged in, you can put in any name & billing info, and can choose email tickets or mail or pick up there. I want them mailed to me. So obviously once I have the ticket number, I can just link it to MDE for our bands from this year, and there shouldn't be an issue? Right?

I'm in Canada, but my employer has a benefits program that includes Tickets at Work. All I had to do was link each card/ticket to each magic band on MDE. Super easy. Just make sure you order the tix early enough so you can do your FPs!!

ETA: joining in here...101 days to go for us until we are back to WDW...woohoo!

87 days to go!:drive:
ADRs made & scored everything we wanted! :woohoo:
Less than a month to go before booking FP+ :eek:
Booked Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage for arrival night pirate:
Anyone else have over a dozen Touring Plans made and is totally over thinking every decision??:confused3

It's freezing here in New Jersey, so my big Friday night plans will be wearing lounge pants, bundling up under a cozy blanket with my laptop and making even more plans & creating surprise trip announcements of some sort for the kids, oh & getting lost in Pinterest :rolleyes:

@sarahrdh - that's terrible. I stay away from most FB Disney sites. I tend to lurk more then I post here too. I'm certainly not as knowledgeable about Disney as most here are, but sometimes some people can be rather rude.
SOME - not most by any means, I love it here!:disrocks:

I'm over it! I'm finding much nicer groups here and others on fb. The only thing I'm a little sad about is losing contact with my fellow football fans, bc Sundays were always fun to chat during games! Oh well, I'll find new ones I guess!

I have started using Touring Plans, it took me a couple times to figure it out.... But I love it so far. Except tonight DH threw a wrench in my plans & said he's not doing early mornings, which means no rope drop. After my initial protest, I thought well that could mean we can stay after fireworks for a bit, so maybe I can work this out. If we start later, we can last later, right??

Does anyone have any word on dates for a 24 hr party? I've seen nothing. That was our last MK day last year, but we didn't stay late.

I'm in Canada, but my employer has a benefits program that includes Tickets at Work. All I had to do was link each card/ticket to each magic band on MDE. Super easy. Just make sure you order the tix early enough so you can do your FPs!!

ETA: joining in here...101 days to go for us until we are back to WDW...woohoo!

Got it, thanks! I think I'm going to order them next month, since we are offsite I can only get 30 days out anyway so I have a little time to play with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter