The Official May 2015 Thread!!

Changed our resort for AoA LM room to Pop, we saved almost $450 by switching which means we have the money already saved to pay for the trip. I'll be sad to leave the big blue pool behind and the room but it was a smarter decision for our family.

Just DW and I this time..no kids or grandkids..changed from WL to ASMu just so we could have more money to blow on us this time!!!

Looking forward to strolling EPCOT..looking at the flowers and snacking at the food kiosks

So just a week after we book and I start really planning and getting excited, my husband was let go from his job. I am beside myself, and I am sure I can't say it anywhere but here but after all the shock and worry lies the fact that this trip which meant so much to me, will probably not happen. Nt saying it's the most important, but you all probably understand the extra heartbreak. I guess our balance is not due until March so maybe we will get lucky and he will find a job fast. It's not fun when life ruins your disney dreams!

So just a week after we book and I start really planning and getting excited, my husband was let go from his job. I am beside myself, and I am sure I can't say it anywhere but here but after all the shock and worry lies the fact that this trip which meant so much to me, will probably not happen. Nt saying it's the most important, but you all probably understand the extra heartbreak. I guess our balance is not due until March so maybe we will get lucky and he will find a job fast. It's not fun when life ruins your disney dreams!

I am so sorry to hear that :( . Fingers crossed that another opportunity opens up for him soon, and that your trip remains a go.

We'll be there April 30th-May 7th! :)

Staying at the Grand Floridian and my husband will be doing the Expedition Everest challenge while we're there.

Just booked CBR last night! We are surprising our 6yo with it. He will lose his mind over Star Wars weekend. I just have to remember to pack his jedi costume!

We just got a really great deal on airfare but had to change our dates to 5/6-5/12. This means we lose a day but will still have a great time.

We plan to spend Mother's Day in Magic Kingdom. We have ressies for BOG but not until 8:30 pm. Hoping they open for breakfast, we can get a FP for lunch or a better dinner time opens up.

:banana:Woo Hoo!! It's getting closer! :banana: I think I have everyone added. If I have left you off of the board, please let me know.

Super excited to be planning our trip for late May. I noticed that the Disney website has MK open until midnight 5/28-5/30 but easywdw & the TA calendar have a 10pm closing time. I know times are always subject to change but anyone have a guess as to which is more likely to be correct?

Super excited to be planning our trip for late May. I noticed that the Disney website has MK open until midnight 5/28-5/30 but easywdw & the TA calendar have a 10pm closing time. I know times are always subject to change but anyone have a guess as to which is more likely to be correct?

That is typically when the 24 hour event takes place. I'm hoping that get announced soon. We had a blast last year.

I have updated my dates- April 25th-May 5th , got cheap flight tickets!

I can't believe it is only 3 months away....I am so excited!
The idea of keeping it a surprise to DS ate me away, so I planned to following surprise with anticipation:

We watched the NY fireworks live from MK together (we are in the west coast so it wasn't crazy late), as I hoped the next day he asked if he could go to see Cinderella's castle and the fireworks. I told him maybe, and that only boys that do very well at preschool can go to Disney World, so we will have to see what the teacher says at the end of the year. Then I asked him if he wanted to know more About MK and slipped the vacation planning DVD.

He has watched MK several times since then and slowly after seeing the other parks once is starting to ask to watch Epcot again. He has asked about a couple of shows, and I have shown finding Nemo the musical to him in youtube. He also asked about BTMR and I told him he is not tall enough to go and to get taller he needs to eat vegetables and now he is eating broccoli! (I think I am going to use this to get him to eat more vegetables LOL)

My plan is every time he asks if we can go, I still will tell him that we have to see what the teacher says and then ask him if he wants to watch the DVD. I told the teacher we are going but he doesn't know, I was thinking to ask her to tell him the day of school before we leave that he has been a very good boy and maybe getting a special trip. He loves her, so this is going to mean a lot to him. Then right after we get home I will have some sort of box to unveil the surprise. Can't wait to see his face, he is going to flip!

Anyone has suggestions for what to put in the surprise box? I just got him a Mickey straw cup for $3 at the Disney store sale and I was thinking to get a WDW guide for kids (is there one?). Any other ideas?
Do you think I should wait until the next morning when we actually leave for the airport?

I have updated my dates- April 25th-May 5th , got cheap flight tickets! I can't believe it is only 3 months away....I am so excited! The idea of keeping it a surprise to DS ate me away, so I planned to following surprise with anticipation: We watched the NY fireworks live from MK together (we are in the west coast so it wasn't crazy late), as I hoped the next day he asked if he could go to see Cinderella's castle and the fireworks. I told him maybe, and that only boys that do very well at preschool can go to Disney World, so we will have to see what the teacher says at the end of the year. Then I asked him if he wanted to know more About MK and slipped the vacation planning DVD. He has watched MK several times since then and slowly after seeing the other parks once is starting to ask to watch Epcot again. He has asked about a couple of shows, and I have shown finding Nemo the musical to him in youtube. He also asked about BTMR and I told him he is not tall enough to go and to get taller he needs to eat vegetables and now he is eating broccoli! (I think I am going to use this to get him to eat more vegetables LOL) My plan is every time he asks if we can go, I still will tell him that we have to see what the teacher says and then ask him if he wants to watch the DVD. I told the teacher we are going but he doesn't know, I was thinking to ask her to tell him the day of school before we leave that he has been a very good boy and maybe getting a special trip. He loves her, so this is going to mean a lot to him. Then right after we get home I will have some sort of box to unveil the surprise. Can't wait to see his face, he is going to flip! Anyone has suggestions for what to put in the surprise box? I just got him a Mickey straw cup for $3 at the Disney store sale and I was thinking to get a WDW guide for kids (is there one?). Any other ideas? Do you think I should wait until the next morning when we actually leave for the airport?
How fun!!!! I'd also include an autograph book and a personalized "I'm going to Disney" tee (check on etsy) or mouse ears. Have fun!!!!! :)

Our first trip will be to the World will be May 10-16, staying at CSR. First (and probably only) trip for DS 10 and DD 8. I have my ADR's done.

Arrival: D - Rainforest Café
Day 1: B - Akershus, D - Le Cellier
Day 2: B - Crystal Palace, BBB, D - CRT
Day 3: Off Day
Day 4: D - Fantasmic Dinner Party w dining at Mama Melrose's
Day 5: L - BOG, D - California Grill
Departure day: L - T-Rex

172 days to go!

Mark in MN

Well the airline cancelled our inbound flight and booked us on a later one. The new flight was too late so I called WDW to see if we could arrive a day earlier. They said the room class was available so I called the airline and had them switch us to a flight a day earlier so now we will get an entire day for AK. Arriving on 5/9 now.

116 days to go!

Mark in MN

I'm so excited to be joining this thread now! My mom and I just booked our vacation this afternoon and I started my PTR today too, so it's official! We'll be staying at POP from May 4th-May 12th. Getting close to double digits! :cool1:

I have updated my dates- April 25th-May 5th , got cheap flight tickets!

I can't believe it is only 3 months away....I am so excited!
The idea of keeping it a surprise to DS ate me away, so I planned to following surprise with anticipation:

We watched the NY fireworks live from MK together (we are in the west coast so it wasn't crazy late), as I hoped the next day he asked if he could go to see Cinderella's castle and the fireworks. I told him maybe, and that only boys that do very well at preschool can go to Disney World, so we will have to see what the teacher says at the end of the year. Then I asked him if he wanted to know more About MK and slipped the vacation planning DVD.

He has watched MK several times since then and slowly after seeing the other parks once is starting to ask to watch Epcot again. He has asked about a couple of shows, and I have shown finding Nemo the musical to him in youtube. He also asked about BTMR and I told him he is not tall enough to go and to get taller he needs to eat vegetables and now he is eating broccoli! (I think I am going to use this to get him to eat more vegetables LOL)

My plan is every time he asks if we can go, I still will tell him that we have to see what the teacher says and then ask him if he wants to watch the DVD. I told the teacher we are going but he doesn't know, I was thinking to ask her to tell him the day of school before we leave that he has been a very good boy and maybe getting a special trip. He loves her, so this is going to mean a lot to him. Then right after we get home I will have some sort of box to unveil the surprise. Can't wait to see his face, he is going to flip!

Anyone has suggestions for what to put in the surprise box? I just got him a Mickey straw cup for $3 at the Disney store sale and I was thinking to get a WDW guide for kids (is there one?). Any other ideas?
Do you think I should wait until the next morning when we actually leave for the airport?

I've got you added!! I'm so excited for you!

I'm so excited to be joining this thread now! My mom and I just booked our vacation this afternoon and I started my PTR today too, so it's official! We'll be staying at POP from May 4th-May 12th. Getting close to double digits! :cool1:

Woo Hoo! I've got you added too!

Well the airline cancelled our inbound flight and booked us on a later one. The new flight was too late so I called WDW to see if we could arrive a day earlier. They said the room class was available so I called the airline and had them switch us to a flight a day earlier so now we will get an entire day for AK. Arriving on 5/9 now.

116 days to go!

Mark in MN

I've got you changed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter