***the official may 2013 thread***

One year from today I will be back home!! Unless I can get a really good pin or free dining code for the spring - I may get there sooner!:goodvibes

Goodbye Disney goers!!!! We are leaving for the airport soon and telling the kids tonight!!! Enjoy the magic!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Beach club resort 2012
Disney Movies 2008
Off property 1982 !!!

We are planning for a May 2013 trip! Dates are still a little murky, same with resort. That said, still waiting on school schedules to be officially announced and rates. Fingers are crossed for a discount (hopefully FD!). But May 2013 is definitely happening ... just not sure when and where yet. :lmao:

(Momto2greatkids, good to see you're still around! Been awhile since our last May chats! :goodvibes)

We are planning for a May 2013 trip! Dates are still a little murky, same with resort. That said, still waiting on school schedules to be officially announced and rates. Fingers are crossed for a discount (hopefully FD!). But May 2013 is definitely happening ... just not sure when and where yet. :lmao:

(Momto2greatkids, good to see you're still around! Been awhile since our last May chats! :goodvibes)

Great to hear from you! I'm hoping they will post the rates and discounts soon! Let me know when you find out when and where and I'll get you posted!

Great to hear from you! I'm hoping they will post the rates and discounts soon! Let me know when you find out when and where and I'll get you posted!

Fingers are definitely crossed that rates are soon! I'll definitely let you know dates and which resort! :goodvibes

We are coming back next May 5/2-5/4, than an eastern Caribbean cruise. After which we'll come back to WDW 5/11-5/18. We'll make our initial resses at BLT but may switch at the 7 month mark.

I finally have my dates:
May 11-18, 2013

Still not sure where we will rest our heads. If the little Princess goes with us, it will make things easy since we'll be a family of 5. But if she doesn't go, we can pick from any of the resorts. :lmao::rotfl2:

I hope I'll be joining you all!!! I have an ongoing search/wait list for SSR, OKW, AKL or BWV!! Prefer week of 5/18-5/25 (DH's birthday is the 18th) or 5/4-5/11. :banana:

I hope I'll be joining you all!!! I have an ongoing search/wait list for SSR, OKW, AKL or BWV!! Prefer week of 5/18-5/25 (DH's birthday is the 18th) or 5/4-5/11. :banana:

I'll go ahead and put you down for the 18th until you find out for sure. If it's different, I'll go back and change it. That's the same week we hope to be there!

I finally have my dates:
May 11-18, 2013

Still not sure where we will rest our heads. If the little Princess goes with us, it will make things easy since we'll be a family of 5. But if she doesn't go, we can pick from any of the resorts. :lmao::rotfl2:

I got you put in!

Looking at a possible girls trip for just my daughter (19) and I in May 2013. Question, Star Wars weekends are of no appeal to us, would you avoid booking over that time? Are crowds bigger on StarWars Weekends?

We will be there in May 2013 from May 25 to May 31. We hope to stay at AKL again or maybe stay at Beach Club for the first time.

ME, ME, ME!!!!:cheer2: Planning for week of July18. This will be a bit of a change for us as I have always gone during May (with one exception - we went Fall of 2010). And if all goes as I wish it to, will return in October 2013. even though it is over a year away I have already planned it to the hilt (hey, you have to do SOMETHING to get over post-Disney blues - was just there two weeks ago and oh how I miss it)! Planning to stay at Pop this time. Then possibly AoA in October. Seems like a lifetime away but planning is half the fun!

We just booked our trip yesterday!!! We will be in Orlando from May 6-May 11, hopefully on Disney property, and will be doing a Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Dream May 11-18 before heading back home.

Anyone know when the park hours are released? We will get to our hotel at about 2 or 3 pm on the day we arrive, so it would be awesome if MK or DHS were having nighttime EMH that night- I wanna get there and hit the ground running! haha Its my boyfriend's first time there, so I'm very excited to show him the magical world of Disney. Plus we are doing US/IOA so he can get his superhero/comic book fix :)

We just booked our trip yesterday!!! We will be in Orlando from May 6-May 11, hopefully on Disney property, and will be doing a Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Dream May 11-18 before heading back home.

Anyone know when the park hours are released? We will get to our hotel at about 2 or 3 pm on the day we arrive, so it would be awesome if MK or DHS were having nighttime EMH that night- I wanna get there and hit the ground running! haha Its my boyfriend's first time there, so I'm very excited to show him the magical world of Disney. Plus we are doing US/IOA so he can get his superhero/comic book fix :)

Park hours for May should be out in early November -- maybe late October.

We are booked for May 16 - 20, 2013. We are staying at Fort Wilderness Camp Ground. We will be taking our 5th Wheeler and are praying this is a Starwars Weekend! My DS birthday is May 13th so we plan to tell him then. It will be myself, DH, DS9 (at the time of travel) and my two nieces (13 and 11). I can't stop thinking about it and planning things in my head.

If all goes the way I'm hoping we will head out early Thursday morning and arrive at the Fort late afternoon. My plans are to get the camper organized and eat dinner.

We then hope to spend all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday at DHS for Starwars Weekend.

Departing for home on Monday, May 20th.

If the school schedule follows the same as it has the past 4 years the kids will miss 3 days but grades will have already been turned in for report cards so it shouldn't matter.

This is going to be all about SWW because we will be going back to the Fort in November for Thanksgiving (Nov 22 thur Dec 2).

Can't wait to talk more to everyone who is already planning for their May Trip. I'm so excited!!!!

We are planning on May 26 to June 1 and we are thinking of staying at Animal kingdom lodge or Bay Lake Towers. Being DVC members we do have some options opened.

We are booked for May 16 - 20, 2013. We are staying at Fort Wilderness Camp Ground. We will be taking our 5th Wheeler and are praying this is a Starwars Weekend! My DS birthday is May 13th so we plan to tell him then. It will be myself, DH, DS9 (at the time of travel) and my two nieces (13 and 11). I can't stop thinking about it and planning things in my head.

If all goes the way I'm hoping we will head out early Thursday morning and arrive at the Fort late afternoon. My plans are to get the camper organized and eat dinner.

We then hope to spend all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday at DHS for Starwars Weekend.

Departing for home on Monday, May 20th.

If the school schedule follows the same as it has the past 4 years the kids will miss 3 days but grades will have already been turned in for report cards so it shouldn't matter.

This is going to be all about SWW because we will be going back to the Fort in November for Thanksgiving (Nov 22 thur Dec 2).

Can't wait to talk more to everyone who is already planning for their May Trip. I'm so excited!!!!

We'll be overlapping some (11-18) ... and celebrating a birthday on the 13th as well! It's my Niece's birthday and we're taking her on her first trip to WDW as a surprise! (She'll be 5 on her birthday.) She'll get her birthday surprise a bit early, as we'll have her party on the 10th. I haven't quite figured out exactly HOW I will surprise her. I have some ideas, but not quite sure what would be best. Anxious to hear how you'll share the news! :goodvibes

I'm thinking about having a Star Wars cake made that has some kind of saying on it telling him we are going to Disney. Or maybe decorating the Camper. We always take our camper the weekend before Memorial Day to the lake to leave for the summer so he would be very surprised to find it all decorated for Star Wars.

I guess I've got a little while to decide. Are you staying at the Fort?

We'll be overlapping some (11-18) ... and celebrating a birthday on the 13th as well! It's my Niece's birthday and we're taking her on her first trip to WDW as a surprise! (She'll be 5 on her birthday.) She'll get her birthday surprise a bit early, as we'll have her party on the 10th. I haven't quite figured out exactly HOW I will surprise her. I have some ideas, but not quite sure what would be best. Anxious to hear how you'll share the news! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter