****The Official June 2015 thread!!! We're finally going to WDW***

I will have a fireworks mickey that says Real June planning group (or something like that) and the lime green one for SWW with our Garrison name on it.
Yes-anyone who sees a mickey head please say 'Hi"!!

EIGHT MORE DAYS! After almost a year of planning I can't believe that the trip is almost here!

As a side note, what do you all do during the daily thunderstorms and the such? I looked at the extended forecast and it looks like there will be daily thunderstorms and showers. We are also in monsoon season so we are used to daily dust storms and thunderstorms but they always happen in the evenings. Do the storms just pass on by or do they linger?

Typically they just come in and out quite quickly - last summer we had one night that was a total washout - started pouring rain around 6pm and never stopped - that is unusual though - normally they are in the afternoon and are quick! We assume one for every day!

We will be there June 5th-13th. Staying at a DTD hotel the first night and then at the Boardwalk for the rest of the stay.

Which DTD hotel are you staying at for your first night Cookiecamilla? Have you ever stayed there before? We normally stay our first/last night in Kissimmee but this year we are doing the DTD Holiday Inn-Lake Buena Vista. I'm just curious to hear from anyone who has stayed there before

I will have a fireworks mickey that says Real June planning group (or something like that) and the lime green one for SWW with our Garrison name on it.
Yes-anyone who sees a mickey head please say 'Hi"!!
I'll have one of each (LGMH and the fireworks one if I can get a printer with A LOT of color ink in it) on our backpack and stroller. Please say "hello" if you see us. It will be myself, my little (2 1/2) and my big (18) who will most likely have some sort of graduation paraphernalia on. :earseek:

Thanks for the weather/rain info. Now that we are close enough to see an extended forecast, it's a little sad to see rain every single day. Here's hoping for quick afternoon storms only! pixiedust:

Thanks for the weather/rain info. Now that we are close enough to see an extended forecast, it's a little sad to see rain every single day. Here's hoping for quick afternoon storms only! pixiedust:
Just to add my 2 cents....I have found that the rain can be an absolute blessing. When it is mid-90s and you have been baked all day, those dark clouds and rain feel great! The parks clear up a little as well! I buy ponchos ahead of time as they are a lot cheaper than in the parks (granted, the yellow ones with Mickey on them are pretty cool!).

Which DTD hotel are you staying at for your first night Cookiecamilla? Have you ever stayed there before? We normally stay our first/last night in Kissimmee but this year we are doing the DTD Holiday Inn-Lake Buena Vista. I'm just curious to hear from anyone who has stayed there before

We are staying here:
Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa a staySky Hotel/Resort

Because we were able to get a 3 bedroom suite with a pull out couch so we could all be in one hotel room which was cheaper than 2 rooms. We are a family of 4 traveling what my parents and in-laws.

I can't remember where we have stayed the other times because last time we added 4 extra days to the trip and stayed at POFQ without park tickets.

Its only for one night and we usually get there late so no need for anything too fancy. I was checking trip times yesterday and if I get my way then we should hit the hotel earlier this year which means we can actually take advantage of the pool at this hotel before hitting up DTD for the late afternoon evening.

4 days! I did finally get a suitcase out, gave the kids their packing lists and I think I have everything we need bought. Maybe. Working the next 3 days, DH has 2! major charity events (Friday and Saturday) MIL is coming in town saturday to go with the kids to one of the events (Cashew Craze-a cashew chicken cookoff competition). Soooo hoping I get done with work quickly on Sunday - Not like I am going to be able to sleep Sunday night anyway LOL. And I have to do the girls and mine nails (Star Wars for me, Cinderella princess themed for the oldest, Lilo and Stitch for the middle-Did our toes yesterday:)). At least I will be too busy to notice time dragging by:D

We will be there the 21st-28th and will have a white board on our door. Our window and door will be Dr. Who and dog themed! Feel free to leave us a message. Doing a really big happy dance as we scored BOG for breakfast on the 27th. I don't know how it happend but it did!

Talk about being late to the party. We are now down to 19 days before we return home. I booked this trip 11 months ago when my DW and I became DVC members at the VGF. We arrrive June 18th and depart June 25th. We will be doing a split stay with our first 5 nights at VGF and the last two at BLT. This trip we are planning for the first time to not be park commando's. We are looking forward to our dinner reservation at V&A QVR and also watching Cirque du Soleil and a few other plans we will be doing for the first time.

Arriving June 22nd. In the parks June 23rd- June 29th. This is our second visit to the World ever. We are Californians, so we have frequented DL much more. We loved the World on our first visit in 2006, and can't wait to return.

Officially at 14 days! Ahh! I've been 'packing' since march but now I'm freaking a little about all that I have to get done between now and then... a few sewing projects to finish, a homemade autograph book to finish, get a bigger suitcase (lol), finalize touring plans... Oh and my actual job... LOL

Sammons and Jen: we will be there the same time!!! Staying at POP! Hope we bump into each other at sometime. I will have the golden retriever that's in my avatar photo with me.

2 weeks and 6 days! I am so excited!!! Got my magic band decorated last night and I think it looks cool! Can't wait to show em off in the parks (Rob was a party pooper and won't let me decorate his *sad face*).

11148349_10204519249721906_8343519720859827243_n.jpeg

:love::love:Just checked in for our flight!!! In 48 hours we will at WD and it seems so surreal! We are almost all packed, only need little things but I feel like I am forgetting essential items. But my DH keeps reminding me that we will be in Florida, not a foreign land so even if we do forget something I'm sure we can find it down there.

I still can't believe that we will be on Disney property in less than two days!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter