*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

I have a crazy question for all of you who usually go to Disney in the summer. How much sunscreen do you usually take for a week for your family? I am trying to figure out how much I need to pack for our trip and I am having a hard time estimating. I'm sure we can buy more there but I would think that it would be a lot more expensive at Disney vs. Walmart. Thanks.

I bring one bottle per person..that will last at least a week. I always run out and have to pick up more at Walmart. I have also bought from Disney. We do a lot of water parks though so we use a lot.

Have you been following the Official Frozen Summer Fun tips thread started by lovethattink? In the first post there is a comment by Speedo with tips for viewing the fireworks after the first Fantasmic. During SWW they were successful getting to Hollywood Blvd. for the fireworks after the first Fantasmic. Robo has also created a map, which is in the second post, showing the best area on the path to see the fireworks. I loved the view from there in the video posted on wdwmagic and want to experience it one night.

Yes, I have been following! We are planning to try and see it using that strategy, but if we could also see it one night from that path to DHS, that would be great! :)

Hi everyone! We leave in exactly one week from today!!! And we arrive at WDW in 9 days so this is my single digit dance day for check-in date! :)

Last night's Aerosmith concert was amazing!!! They always put on a great show. They performed a variety of their songs from over the years, with several from the 1970s which I love. Their encore was "Dream On" and then they finished the night with "Sweet Emotion". Steven Tyler is as amazing as always on stage, puts on a great show.

Today I'm trying to decide whether to use Garden Grocer or just stop by Publix on the way to WDW. I would love to just do the online thing, it would make it easier and give us a few extra minutes at WDW, haha! Anyone who has experienced Garden Grocer, could you please tell me what you think? Is it worth it to use and save some time?

I'm trying to figure out the sunblock thing also. I'm pretty fair and am prone to burning pretty easily, so sunscreen is my friend.

If anybody is still shopping for the trip, I did find a great deal on sunblock at Target yesterday. They had the three packs of the spray in various SPFs for $6.99. Not too bad, huh?

Our next Gaggle of travelers to our Happy Place...

Mainemama July 12- 16 @ Poly
anty30 July 12- 17 @ Pop
flea1267 July 12-19 @ WL
jlaalja July 12- 19 @ BLT
454RAT July 12- 19 @ BC
snowangel72 July 12- 26 @ Bonnet Creek

Here's to you getting all the magic you need to make it your best vacation ever!!!

:dance3: :dance3: :banana: :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc :banana: :dance3: :dance3:

Leaving in 12 days and finally received my confirmation number and tickets. I just made all my FP+ reservations and ordered my MB. Woohoo! I am good to go! This last minute stuff is a killer, but I had no control over when I would get my confirmation number. Dining reservations were made as soon as I knew I was going on the trip, and then the waiting game (getting my documents) started. I am so relieved especially after seeing all the horror stories about FP+...I had no problems at all.

Our next Gaggle of travelers to our Happy Place... Mainemama July 12- 16 @ Poly anty30 July 12- 17 @ Pop flea1267 July 12-19 @ WL jlaalja July 12- 19 @ BLT 454RAT July 12- 19 @ BC snowangel72 July 12- 26 @ Bonnet Creek Here's to you getting all the magic you need to make it your best vacation ever!!! :dance3: :dance3: :banana: :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc :banana: :dance3: :dance3:

Bon voyage to all, and here's wishing you lots of pixie dust at WDW!

Yay :cool1:

We fly out tomorrow on jet blue. Leaving from Westchester Airport. Yeehee:cheer2: I think I should start packing

Today I'm trying to decide whether to use Garden Grocer or just stop by Publix on the way to WDW. I would love to just do the online thing, it would make it easier and give us a few extra minutes at WDW, haha! Anyone who has experienced Garden Grocer, could you please tell me what you think? Is it worth it to use and save some time?

This will be our first year using GG since we'll have a full kitchen at BLT. We debated back and forth as well, and ultimately decided to buy snack things at home and take them with us. We are only using GG for cold items, a case of water, a case of Gatorade (things that would be heavy and a pain to haul when we'll already have our luggage ;) )

anty30 July 12- 17 @ Pop
flea1267 July 12-19 @ WL
454RAT July 12- 19 @ BC

Here's to you getting all the magic you need to make it your best vacation ever!!!

:dance3: :dance3: :banana: :lovestruc :love: :lovestruc :banana: :dance3: :dance3:

Yeahoo!!!! Wishing you all magical travels!!

Hi everyone! We leave in exactly one week from today!!! And we arrive at WDW in 9 days so this is my single digit dance day for check-in date! :)

Last night's Aerosmith concert was amazing!!! They always put on a great show. They performed a variety of their songs from over the years, with several from the 1970s which I love. Their encore was "Dream On" and then they finished the night with "Sweet Emotion". Steven Tyler is as amazing as always on stage, puts on a great show.

I have had good experiences with Garden Grocer, but we typically fly, so stopping on the way isn't an option. It would definitely be cheaper just to stop on the way. Then again, we are driving (tomorrow!!!) from SW FL, and I just checked to see if I could order from GG when I ran out of a few essentials.... Like sunscreen! :rotfl2: We have used 5 cans in 10 days for a family of 5. Unfortunately, you need 48 hours to order from GG, so I have to stop!

Since we aren't able to get a ADR for Ca Grill for our date night - we are thinking of going up there to eat at the sushi table/lounge instead. Has anyone done this? I can't seem to find a menu for that location. Thoughts?

anty30 July 12- 17 @ Pop
flea1267 July 12-19 @ WL
454RAT July 12- 19 @ BC

Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter