• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official GLEE thread

I was underwhelmed by tonight's episode. It seemed very choppy and a little hard to follow at times.

I did like the "America" number.

I wasn't a fan of the episode either. I hope they don't count this as one of Damian's 7 episodes. He wasn't really visible!

I wasn't a fan of the episode either. I hope they don't count this as one of Damian's 7 episodes. He wasn't really visible!

I was worried about.. I was surprised he was there at all since he didn't seem to be around long enough to go through auditions, and if he had been then someone would have known awhile ago he was talented enough for the glee club.

Man is he cute. My DD is 12 and in art class they had to choose a celebrity to do a sketch of. I went to parent/teacher night and saw that she had chosen him. Girl has good taste. :)

here is my take on last nights episode. I didn't watch the whole thing.. just caught about the last 20 mins. Have heard a lot of slack on am radio this morning. I thought it was very tasteful. I can not imagine what it must have meant for a gay teen to see that portrayal of caring, sweet gay couple. There has never been anything like that on tv and I applaud them for that. It reminded me of Chaz said on his farwell on DWTS...if he had seen someone like him on tv when he was young, it would have meant everything to him.

I can not imagine what it must have meant for a gay teen to see that portrayal of caring, sweet gay couple. There has never been anything like that on tv and I applaud them for that.

They were adorable, weren't they?

I liked the America song. I was confused about why Puck was singing the lead in that song though. I thought Mike Chang got the other male lead (besides Tony played by Blaine). They didn’t show Mike doing anything.

I also hope that episode did not count as part of Damian’s story ark. That was ridiculous. He literally sang one line and otherwise was not in the episode at all.

I liked last night's episode, I thought considering the subject matter it was handled very tastefully. I agree with one of the previous posters, I'm hoping that seeing a happy gay couple has at least touched a few gay teens and given them something to look at with a positive message.

I wondered how much of the school musical we'd actually get to see considering they've used several numbers leading up to this episode, Santana is pretty good as Anita.

I also wonder how much further they're going to go with Mike Chang and his fight with his dad, it was great to see his mother in the audience so Mike had the support of one parent.

I wonder what Finn will do now, is the football season at McKinley over so he won't have an opportunity to play for any other recruiters? I can't see them letting Rachel go off and become a star while Finn stays behind and runs the car shop and still be together.

I liked the America song. I was confused about why Puck was singing the lead in that song though. I thought Mike Chang got the other male lead (besides Tony played by Blaine). They didn’t show Mike doing anything.

Mike played Riff, the leader of the Jets (which was the group that came out of the audience). Puck was Benardo (I think) the leader of the Sharks, the Sharks are the ones who traditionally sing "America". They left out a lot of the show mostly because I'm sure they wanted to focus on the musical numbers and not take up time with the actual play which is why we didn't see much of Mike.

Mike played Riff, the leader of the Jets (which was the group that came out of the audience). Puck was Benardo (I think) the leader of the Sharks, the Sharks are the ones who traditionally sing "America". They left out a lot of the show mostly because I'm sure they wanted to focus on the musical numbers and not take up time with the actual play which is why we didn't see much of Mike.

Thank you! I have missed a couple episodes here and there, and for some reason I thought Mike was playing Bernardo.

I realized after Glee was over last night that one reason I liked it was the nearly total absence of Mr. Shue and the total absence of Sue. (I used to really like Sue, but IMO her behavior and comments are so OTT, they're utterly ridiculous tothe point that they're not amusing, just stupid.)

I realized watching last night that it's been many many years since I've seen West Side Story. I need to get that dvd from Netflix or something.

I really liked last nights episode. For one, I'm glad Mercedes wasn't it it at all! Even when Rachel called all her "girls" together, she wasn't there. I agree with a PP's comment that while I used to love Sue, I think lately she's just to comically bad that its just not funny anymore. Loved Beiste! Loved the very tasteful losing of the v-cards. Don't like this new guy, I think he's just going to spell trouble for my fave couple, Klaine! I also liked how they brought Karofsky back.

Favorite song of the night? America!

Didn't really like Uptown girls :(

I thought it was done in a tasteful manner. The scene only showed Blane and Kurt laying in bed looking at each other. An occasional kiss. To me, that's the way I took it, what happened next was up to the viewer.

Also, Glee is on the Fox Network. The SAME network that brought us 8 years of Married With Children and How To Marry A Millionaire. You have an option to change the channel as soon as you see the parental code at the top of the screen.

Also, Glee is on the Fox Network. The SAME network that brought us 8 years of Married With Children and How To Marry A Millionaire. You have an option to change the channel as soon as you see the parental code at the top of the screen.

10 years actually. And wow, do I miss that show. :laughing:

As I noted in the other thread, I thought they should have mentioned some sort of protection for Kurt/Blaine since they made a point of it multiple times for Finn/Rachel.

That said, I am SO over Kurt. The character is a walking stereotype and he's become such a diva/spoiled brat that I'm tempted to fast forward through any scene with him. Up until last night his scenes this season have all consisted of him pouting over something. I'm actually hoping Blaine ditches him.

I loved last night's episode (which to me was more about the romance than the sex). I liked how they juxtoposed the West Side Story numbers with what was happening in the couples' real lives. I think this was the best episode of the season so far. I usually like Sue, but it was nice to have a Sue-less episode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter