<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Thank you :thumbsup2
I tried to order it but I couldn't using the ISBN#. How new is this
cookbook do you know?

It just came out within the last few months. The copyright is 2010, and I know I didn't see it when I was at Disney World in October.

Tammy

I noticed that the 50's Prime Time Café version that Hmbldr mentioned wasn't listed in the index. I'm posting that one with a few others from the Prime Time.

Prime Time Pot Roast
Prime Time Cafe

5 lbs Top or bottom round roast
1½ c Dry red wine
1 Onion, diced
2 Carrots, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, diced
6 c Beef Bouillon
¼ c Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides and remove the meat to a roasting pan. Pour the wine around the meat. Sauté the cut vegetables until golden brown and add to the roasting pan. Pour the beef bouillon into the pan. Pour liquid over the roast and cover. Cook 30-45 minutes per pound. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.

I am making this for dinner and I am :confused3 about the 6 c beef bouillon do i need to add water to this or is this only 6 cubes and no water.. I did it with water and didn't use 6 cubes just wasn't sure.
Thank you ahead of time. :surfweb:

I am making this for dinner and I am :confused3 about the 6 c beef bouillon do i need to add water to this or is this only 6 cubes and no water.. I did it with water and didn't use 6 cubes just wasn't sure.
Thank you ahead of time. :surfweb:

I make this with 6 cups of beef stock, either bought canned or made up with beef base. Works fine everytime for me.

Hmbldr

I make this with 6 cups of beef stock, either bought canned or made up with beef base. Works fine everytime for me.

Hmbldr

Super,, Thank you :woohoo: I like beef broth better, but always try to cook it the first time the way its written. Have a great evening and thanks again.

NewDrama12 - Thanks for posting all those recipes however, as much as possible we want to avoid posting duplicates. Some of the recipes at All Ears are ones I've sent in and have already posted here (ie. the Food and Wine Fesival recipes). I know it's tricky because I don't think the index is updated anymore - but could be wrong.
I have the Black Forest cake recipe that someone requested from Biergarten but haven't had time to transcribe it yet. Looking forward to seeing the new recipes from the cookbook. Amazon couldn't fulfill the order so will try the Disney shop as well.

chicken-soup.jpg

Asopao de Pollo (Chicken Soup with Rice)
2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Puerto Rico
Serves 6

Sofrito Ingredients:
1/2 tablespoon culantro (see Cook's Notes below)
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 cup Spanish olives
1/2 cup green pepper
1/2 cup roasted red pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano

Asopao de Pollo Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup sofrito
1/2 cup sliced Spanish olives
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup white wine
1/3 cup uncooked white rice
8 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup chopped culantro (see Cook's Notes below)
Coarse salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste

Sofrito Instructions:
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until very finely chopped. Set aside.

Asopao de Pollo Instructions:
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and sofrito; saute until chicken is seared on the outside.
2. Add olives, roasted peppers, tomato paste and bay leaves, and saue, stirring, for 3 minutes.
3. Add white wine, stirring to combine. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add rice and chicken stock.
4. Simmer soup until chicken and rice are cooked. Remove chicken thighs, and transfer to a cutting board. Chop or shred chicken into small pieces, and return to the pot.
5. Stir in culantro, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaves before serving.

Cook's Note: Culantro is an herb very similar in flavor to cilantro. It is available in Asian or Latin American grocery stores. Cilantro may be substituted.

I had lunch this summer at the Wine Country Trattoria in DL and it was delicious.
events_tasteofdisney_Arugula_Salad_540.jpg

Arugula Salad with Fig Balsamic & Spiced Walnuts
Wine Country Trattoria, Disney California Adventure
Serves 4

Arugula Salad Ingredients:
15 dried black mission figs, divided
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup prepared balsamic dressing
4 cups baby arugula
4 cups mixed baby greens
1/2 cup shaved or thinly sliced fennel bulb
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 pound shredded smoked chicken (about 4 cups)
1 cup Spiced Walnuts
1/2 cup shaved aged (hard) goat cheese
Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste

Spiced Walnuts Ingredients:
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup walnut halves
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil

For arugula salad:
1. Cut stems off of 12 figs; cut in half lengthwise. Combine balsamic vinegar and water in a medium bowl. Add halved figs to the balsamic mixture. Soak for at least 3 hours, and up to overnight. Drain figs, discarding soaking liquid.
2. Cut stems off of remaining 3 figs. Combine figs and prepared balsamic dressing in a blender. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
3. Combine arugula, mixed baby greens, shaved fennel, and red onion in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Place salad mixture into each of 4 serving bowls. Top each serving evenly with chicken. Drizzle each serving evenly with dressing, and top with halved figs, goat cheese, and walnuts.

For spiced walnuts:
1. Combine spices in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. Combine walnut halves and oil in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute, stirring constantly, until walnuts start to toast and turn golden, about 2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle spice mixture over walnuts. Cook, tossing constantly, until walnuts are coated and mixture is fragrant, about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer walnuts to a plate to cool completely. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

events_tasteofdisney_fish_citrus_540.jpg

Halibut with Tomato-Vegetable Ragu
Serves 4

1/2 cup 1/2-inch diced Yukon gold potato
4 (8-ounce, 1/2-inch thick) filets fresh halibut
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 shallot, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup of yellow pear tomatoes
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 cup 2-inch chopped green beans
1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
1 lemon, juiced
Garnish: microgreens, chopped fresh basil

1. Place diced potato in a small saucepan; cover with cold water. Cook over high heat until potatoes are just tender, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, sauteing until golden and fragrant.
3. Add wine and pear tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds, lightly scraping the pan. Add cooked potatoes and stewed tomatoes, stirring to combine. Add artichoke hearts and green beans. Simmer until green beans are tender.
4. Meanwhile, season halibut evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on both sides. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, place fish in pan, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook the second side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Mix prepared pesto and lemon juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
6. Evenly divide tomato mixture among 4 serving dishes. Top with fish. Drizzle each with lemon-pesto mixture. Garnish with the microgreens and basil.

events_tasteofdisney_Brocc_Agio_540.jpg

Broccolini Aglio Olio
Serves 4

5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 bunch broccollini cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups cooked short-cut pasta (such as campanelle, penne, or rotini)
4 generous handfuls fresh arugula
3 generous handfuls fresh baby spinach
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots, stirring constantly. Cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Be careful not to burn garlic.
2. Add red pepper flakes and broccolini, stirring to coat in oil. Cook until the broccolini is just tender.
3. Add tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to the pan. Add pasta, arugula, spinach, lemon juice, and wine to the pan. Increase the heat to high. Cook, tossing, until spinach and arugula are wilted slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Drizzle in remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tossing to combine. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese, if using. Serve immediately.

Steak Diane
Lake Buena Vista Club, WDW, Archival
Serves 4

Burgundy sauce
6 tablespoons Burgundy wine
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon crushed tomatoes
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Steaks
8 teaspoons butter, divided
4 (6-ounce) New York strip steaks, trimmed
3 tablespoons brandy
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
8 sliced mushrooms
Burgundy sauce

For Burgundy sauce:
Stir together Burgundy, onion, shallots, and garlic in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat; simmer until wine evaporates. Add butter and allow it to melt, then stir in flour, cooking and stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add beef stock and stir with a whisk until mixture boils and becomes smooth.
Add tomatoes and simmer 20 more minutes, or until mixture thickens to coat the back of a spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Strain and keep warm.

For steaks:
Heat 4 teaspoons of butter in a skillet large enough to hold 4 steaks.
Sauté steaks to desired doneness, turning to cook both sides. Add remaining butter, if needed.
Add brandy, remove the pan from the heat to ignite, and then return to the heat. When the flame has burned out, remove steaks from pan and keep warm.
Sauté garlic, onions, and mushrooms in the same skillet; stir in Burgundy sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes; add steaks and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.

Oscar’s Potatoes
Carnation Café, Disneyland
Serves 4 to 6

1 large white onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Sauté onions in 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat until translucent; remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, add remaining butter and potatoes and sauté until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the onions and potatoes in an ovenproof casserole dish; cover with foil and make small slits for ventilation. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve hot.
Note: This is from the Oscar’s Choice Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, Oscar’s potatoes, a croissant and your choice of bacon or sausage with fresh fruit — served daily.

Did anyone ever obtain this before Tutto Italia took over in EPCOT? We happened to eat there about 3 or 4 days before Alfredo's closed, and I asked the manager for it. He said that he would try very hard to send it to me, but his office was already packed up, so he wasn't sure he'd be able to. Unfortunately, he never did email. :sad1: I even checked my spam folder for days!

So, I'm just wondering if anyone has it. I didn't see it on the list, so apologies if I missed it!

I just got back form the World and I had a delicious cauliflower soup at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Epcot. I've searched the recipe thread here and while a cauliflower soup from the Verandah Restaurant is listed, I don't think that is the same as the one I had at Kringla.

I asked the CM at Kringla if I could get the recipe, leaving my name and email address, but to date I've not received it. While I'm still hoping to receive it, I am also looking for it elsewhere, in case it never comes in. Does anyone have this recipe?

Just found this forum. This is awesome. I just recently stumbled on a website that has some free restaurant copycat recipes. I would think that many of them taste like the real thing. There are some free recipes and they have a way to get over 700 restaurant recipes. Obviously, I have not tried all of them but the ones I have chosen are really good. Not only that, I make them for a fraction of what I would have to pay for them in the restaurant. Oh, yeah, some of the restaurants are not in my town or have moved out. Check it out. I sure am.... restaurantcopycatrecipes.info/

Anyone got a suggestion for a health club...lol.

Hi all,

Just wanted to post, after being a subscriber to this thread for a long time, that I finally made 3 of the recipes I found here...my Valentine dinner for DH and DD was an appetizer of Kona Cafe's Sticky Wings, 'Ohana's Green Beans with Bacon, and 50's PTC Pot Roast.

Well, the big hit was the Sticky Wings - oh lordy, they were absolutely delicious and made us feel like we were right back there in the Kona Cafe. When the wings are garnished as recommended, they look beautiful and taste awesome!

The green beans were also delicious and tasted just as I remembered them from our last 'Ohana dinner in 2004.

The pot roast was tasty, but dry - I think the cut of meat is too lean...maybe I'll try a chuck roast with more fat marbelization next time.

Anyway, try making the wings (I broiled them instead of deep-frying them) - they are worth it and honestly quite easy to prepare. I can't wait to try another WDW recipe!

:sunny:

Wow - nothing doing here for quite a while!

I emailed for the recipe for the Peach Snap slushy drink that's sold at the Joy of Tea kiosk in China - it's a delicious frozen slushy drink made with green tea and Peach Schnapps...a few days later, I was emailed back an apology because the chef does not give away his slushy drink recipes...oh well...I'll just have to wait till we go back to have another few of these.

:sunny:

Thw slushy drinks use slushy mixes bought commercially which is why we can only approximate them at home.

Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Rock Shrimp and a Coconut-Lime Sauce
Coral Reef, Epcot

Coconut-Lime Sauce:
1 pound (about 2 medium) sweet onions, diced, divided
1 (13½-ounce) can coconut milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound (about 4 large) plum tomatoes, diced
1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 pound rock shrimp, shelled
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Herbed Rice with Hearts of Palm:
1½ cups uncooked jasmine rice
4 hearts of palm, sliced
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

Grilled Mahi-Mahi:
4 mahi-mahi fillets, about ½ pound each
Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste

Garnish:
Fresh cilantro leaves

Preparation
For the Coconut-Lime Sauce:
Puree half of the onions with the coconut milk in a blender, and set aside. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add remaining onions and cook until translucent (do not brown), about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and poblano. Cook until the tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and coconut milk mixture. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Combine rock shrimp, butter, and lime juice in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until shrimp are just cooked through. Add shrimp mixture to the coconut milk sauce; stir to combine. Add cilantro; keep sauce warm.
For the herbed rice with hearts of palm:
Cook rice per package directions. Combine cooked rice, hearts of palm, chives, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until rice is coated in oil and mixture is combined. Cover bowl loosely with foil to keep warm.

For the grilled mahi-mahi: Preheat a grill pan on medium-high heat. Season mahi-mahi fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Grill mahi-mahi for about 3 minutes per side, or until just opaque.

To serve:
Divide rice mixture onto 4 plates. Place a mahi-mahi fillet on top of rice. Divide sauce evenly among each plate and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Serves 4.

Chef's note: If preferred, regular shrimp (peeled and deveined) may be substituted for rock shrimp.

Lava Lamp
Pop Century Resort

1 1/4 ounces Bacardi Limon
3/4 ounce Blue Curacao
4 ounces Sour Mix
Splash Sprite
Rose's Grenadine
Build over ice in cocktail shaker and shake. Pour into a glass and drizzle Grenadine on top for Lava effect. Enjoy!

Avocado Citrus Salad
Royal Palace, Disney Dream Cruise Ship
Serves 4

Citrus Dressing Ingredients
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 lime, juiced
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Avocado-Citrus Salad Ingredients
4 navel oranges
3 ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted
6 cups mixed baby lettuce

For the citrus dressing:
1. Combine orange juice and lime juice in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil, salt and pepper, whisking vigorously until combined. If making in advance, re-whisk before serving.

For the avocado-citrus salad:
1. Cut peel, including the white pith, from the oranges with a small knife. Cut segments free from membranes; set segments aside and discard membranes.
2. Cut avocadoes into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Divide mixed greens among 4 salad bowls. Top with 5 avocado slices and 5 to 8 orange segments; drizzle lightly with dressing. Serve immediately.

Smoked Bison Recipe
Remy Restaurant, Disney Dream Cruise Ship

Bison
1 pound buffalo tenderloin
3 tablespoons fennel pollen
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper

For the bison:
1. Cold smoke buffalo for about 35 to 40 minutes. Season each slice with 1/2 teaspoon fennel pollen, salt and pepper to taste.
2. In sauté pan over high heat, sear meat until golden brown.
3. Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes or until medium rare. Carve evenly into 24 slices.

Melted Fennel and Leeks
1 pound fennel, thinly sliced, bulb only
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
1 cup white wine
Pinch of sugar

For the fennel and leeks:
1. In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté fennel in oil olive for about 5 minutes until translucent. Add leeks and sauté until juices are released, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine to deglaze the pan; reduce until liquid has been absorbed. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.

Hearts of Palm Salad
1 cup fresh hearts of palm, sliced in half rounds
1 cup jicama, diced small
1/2 cup radish, diced small
2 black radishes, julienned, for garnish
1 blood orange, sliced into segments, for garnish

For hearts of palm salad:
1. Trim and clean hearts of palm. Blanch in salted water for about 3 minutes; shock in ice water, then cut into 1/8-inch rounds.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together jicama, hearts of palm and radish; toss with white balsamic vinaigrette (recipe follows). Garnish with black radishes and blood orange. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

White Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil

For white balsamic vinaigrette:
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together shallots, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Petite Greens with Blood Orange-Tangerine Vinaigrette
1/2 teaspoon shallots
1/2 teaspoon garlic
2 tablespoons blood orange reduction
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon blood orange vinegar
1 tablespoon chardonnay vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons orange oil "O" brand
2 cups petite greens
Lavosh crackers, for garnish
8-year balsamic vinegar, for drizzling salad

For petite greens and blood orange tangerine vinaigrette:
1. In blender, add shallots, garlic, blood orange reduction, Dijon mustard, blood orange vinegar and chardonnay vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and orange oil.
2. Toss with greens.

To assemble
Place three slices of buffalo on each plate. Top with fennel-leek mixture, then hearts of palm salad. Garnish with blood orange and black radishes. Toss petite mixed greens in blood orange tangerine vinaigrette. Serve with lavosh crackers and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on the plate.

Curried Chicken Salad
From Wild Animal Trek, Animal Kingdom (Chef from Tusker house does menu)
Serves 2

1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 ripe mango, diced
3/4 cup red grapes

Fill a large, shallow pan with water. Bring to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken. Simmer, covered, until just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Cut into 1/4-inch dice and refrigerate until cold.
Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, lime juice, curry powder, honey, ginger, pepper and remaining half-teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add chilled chicken and stir to combine. Fold in grapes and mango and serve immediately.
Note: If making in advance, combine chicken with sauce and refrigerate. Fold in grapes and mango a half-hour before serving.

Freedom Pasta
Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom

8 ounces Fuseli Pasta
1 each Crimini and Button Mushroom
1/4 ounce Fresh Basil
1/4 ounce chopped Garlic
2 ounces diced tomatoes
4 ounces heavy cream
1 ounce vegetable stock
kosher salt
black pepper
2 ounces Parmesan Cheese

1. Cut all vegetables set aside
2. Start boiling water and cook pasta once it comes to a boil.
3. MAKING THE CREAM SAUCE: Heat the heavy cream on medium heat witht he vegetable stock, salt and pepper until little bubbles start to form on the edge of the pot.
4. Add the parmesan cheese.
5. Cook the vegetables in the saute pan. Add noodles and sauce. Cook until hot.

Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake (Appetizer)
Animator’s Palate, Disney Dream
Makes 1 (9-inch) cheesecake

Crust Ingredients
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
6 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Shrimp Filling Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion
1 1/4 pounds raw shrimp, cleaned
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
28 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup liquid eggs
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Micro greens, for garnish

Asian Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons Asian barbecue sauce*
1 teaspoon hot bean sauce*
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce*
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup chicken stock

Method — For the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, stirring until well blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake crust until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
3. Cool completely before filling.

Method — For the shrimp cheesecake filling:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté until caramelized. Add shrimp, and sauté until just opaque. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine cream cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time; add cream, beating until well combined. Stir in smoked Gouda and chopped parsley.
3. Spoon filling into crust. Place cheesecake on a baking sheet. Bake until cake puffs and top browns, but the center wobbles just slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer pan to rack and cool. (Cheesecake can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
4. Run a long, thin knife around pan sides to loosen cheesecake Carefully remove ring, and cut into 14 pieces.
5. Serve at room temperature with barbecue sauce and micro greens.

Method — For the Asian barbeque sauce:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vegetable oil, shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add Asian barbecue sauce, hot bean sauce and hoisin sauce; cook for 3 minutes. Add sherry and cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar and stock; cook for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender and process until liquefied. Let cool.
*Asian barbeque sauce, hot bean sauce and hoisin sauce are all typical condiments used in Asian cooking. They are available at Asian-foods stores, and in many grocery stores.

Chocolate Souffle

Palo, Disney Dream
Serves 6

3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the soufflé cups
6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting the soufflé cups
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
2 ounces (2/3 cup) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
4 eggs, separated
Vanilla Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Set a full kettle of water on to boil.
3. Butter six 4-ounce soufflé cups and coat with sugar; set aside.
4. Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan, meanwhile; melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cocoa to the butter and beat with a whisk to a smooth, paste-like consistency. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
5. Slowly add the hot milk, whisking until smooth, then blend in melted chocolate. Let cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg yolks.
6. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined.
7. Pour the batter into prepared soufflé cups. Place cups in a large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway the sides of the soufflé cups.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, with warm vanilla sauce.

Vanilla Sauce
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
3 tablespoons sugar
2 small egg yolks
1. Bring cream and vanilla bean to a low boil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Combine sugar and egg yolks.
3. Add 2 spoonfuls of boiling cream to egg mixture and stir well, then pour back into the remaining cream and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.

Strawberry Cheesecake
Enchanted Garden, Disney Dream
Makes 1 (10-inch) cheesecake

Graham Cracker Crust
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 pinch cinnamon

Strawberry Cheesecake
1 (1-pound) bag frozen strawberries, thawed
5 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 drop red food coloring
1/4 cup heavy cream

For the graham cracker crust:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Stir until mixture is uniform and clumps together like wet sand.
3. Press mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely before using.

For the strawberry cheesecake filling:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Puree strawberries in a food processor. Set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until combined, and then increase mixer speed to medium. Beat until batter is very smooth, about 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
4. Sift the flour into the cream cheese mixture and beat until fully combined.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Slowly add reserved strawberry puree, red food coloring and heavy cream, and beat until mixture is completely combined.
6. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure the batter is mixed well. Pour batter into prepared crust, smoothing the top.
7. Bake until cheesecake is set, but still wobbles slightly, about 55 minutes to 1 hour. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours, then refrigerate overnight.
8. Dip a long, thin knife in hot water, and run it along the sides of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Carefully remove the ring.
Cook’s Note: To create the miniature cheesecakes served at Enchanted Garden, prepare cheesecake according to the recipe, but instead of baking in a springform pan, make the cheesecakes in small cake rings, sold in specialty-foods stores. Reduce baking time by 15 minutes.

Le Cellier Caesar
Le Cellier, Epcot

1 part Iceberg Vodka
2 parts Clamato juice
dash of Worcestershire (Duffy's sauce is the real thing if you can find it)
dash of Tabasco
pinch of salt and two pinches of ground celery seed.

Stir or shake well and garnish with a stalk of celery.

English Rose
Rose & Crown, Epcot

1 oz gin
1 oz apricot brandy
.5 oz sweet vermouth
1 oz orange juice
.5 oz pineapple juice
.5 oz cranberry juice

Leaping Leprechaun
Rose & Crown, Epcot

1 part rum
1 part vodka
1 part Midori
2 parts sweet and sour
3 parts Sprite

Moroccarita
Kiosk, Morocco Pavilion, Epcot

2 parts vodka
1 part triple sec
1 part lemon juice
1 part lime juice
2 parts sweet and sour mix

Mix well and serve over ice.

Lime Margarita
Margarita Stand, Mexico, Epcot

2 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
2 oz sweet and sour mix
1 oz simple syrup
A good squeeze of Rose's lime juice - maybe a little less than 1 oz.

Blend with ice and serve in a salt rimmed glass.

Strawberry Margarita
Margarita Stand, Mexico, Epcot

2 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
2 oz sweet and sour mix
1 oz frozen strawberries in syrup or Monin or Island Oasis strawberry puree.

Blend with ice and serve in a salt rimmed glass.

I was wondering about a recipe for a candy they sold on the Boardwalk at Sea Shore Sweets a couple of years ago called Peanut Butter Heaven. It had crushed pretzels with a whipped peanut butter middle dipped in chocolate. We went back this year and the people working there told me they never heard of it. Has anyone had this before and if so, possible recipe???? It was so YUMMY! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter