The Official Aulani Packing List Thread

JC1984

DisDad #875
I know this is talked about a lot but I thought maybe we could have an official thread as a one stop shop, our own ABC store if you will, place to list it out for people who are interested in what they may need to bring with them to visit Aulani.

Last edited:
I’ll start:
Apple TV or other streaming device
Laundry pods- so I don’t have to buy a bag of pods on the island and have too many
Coffee- ALOT cheaper for me to bring it from home. Because we drink ALOT of coffee
Coffee filters- Same reason as the laundry pods. Flat bottomed traditional filters
Compact pop up sun shade

Last edited:
This is a great idea!

We find we most need kitchen kind of stuff.
  1. Salt & pepper shakers,
  2. flat bottom coffee filters (if you intend to use their coffee pot - we just do Keurigs )
  3. scissors
  4. Laundry detergent (yes, we know you can get more but its easy to toss some pods into the suitcase)
  5. battery powered nightlight (for the bathroom)
  6. Large coffee cups (the standard cups just don't do it for us)
I'm sure I'll think of more....

Totally agree with the laundry pods and the scissors! We also bring a collapsable cooler, mostly for when we go on an adventure off property, but works for taking to beach with some cold drinks.

- Insulated cups to bring drinks to the pool/beach
- towel clips for back of beach chairs
- old (thin) beach towel to take on day trips around the island (we have in the past taken, and returned, pool towels, but they are very think and heavy!)
- steak spice when the grills are running
- Assorted ziploc bags for day trips and packing pool/beach snacks
- beach mat for day trips and just to use in the other lagoons
🌴🌈😊

I was initially planning to do stocking stuffer type stuff for our trip in May for our adult kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend (28, 25, 21 & 21) but I ended up not doing it and will focus Easter on them.

Below is a list of things that I will be getting them:

Reusable silverware (perfect for food trucks)
Reusable straws (can't stand paper straws)
Beach towel clips
Sand clouds (towel that repels sand, will also work perfectly as a blanket on the plane)
Lip balm w/ sun screen
Sunglass strap (so my husband doesn't lose his prescription glasses in the water, happened before)

Here are some things that we already have that I am planning on packing (not all necessarily in my bags, but there are 6 of us to spread the wealth among (ha ha):

Flashlights for our sunrise hike up Diamond Head.
Ziploc bags, all different sizes.
Laundry pods and stuff for like 3 loads.
External battery charger.
Clear cross body bag for Pearl Harbor (great for sporting events afterwards).
Hydro flasks
Travel pack of wipes
Tide to go pen

I was initially planning to do stocking stuffer type stuff for our trip in May for our adult kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend (28, 25, 21 & 21) but I ended up not doing it and will focus Easter on them.

Below is a list of things that I will be getting them:

Reusable silverware (perfect for food trucks)
Reusable straws (can't stand paper straws)
Beach towel clips
Sand clouds (towel that repels sand, will also work perfectly as a blanket on the plane)
Lip balm w/ sun screen
Sunglass strap (so my husband doesn't lose his prescription glasses in the water, happened before)

Here are some things that we already have that I am planning on packing (not all necessarily in my bags, but there are 6 of us to spread the wealth among (ha ha):

Flashlights for our sunrise hike up Diamond Head.
Ziploc bags, all different sizes.
Laundry pods and stuff for like 3 loads.
External battery charger.
Clear cross body bag for Pearl Harbor (great for sporting events afterwards).
Hydro flasks
Travel pack of wipes
Tide to go pen

Great tip about the sunglasses straps. I hadn't thought of that, and 3/4 of us now have expensive prescription sunglasses, so I'm definitely looking into this. Thanks!

Mine isn't much different than any other trip:
  • Noise cancelling headphones for the plane
  • Earbuds for wearing around the pool or beach
  • Prescription sunglasses
  • Glasses strap for the water
  • Flip flops
  • Multiple bathing suits
  • Facial sunscreen if you have sensitive skin like me
  • Water bottle
  • Soft sides 6 pack cooler
  • Ice pack
Things to buy when you arrive:
  • Drinks (beer and Coke Zero for me)
  • Salt and pepper
  • pre-mixed seasoning
  • Sandwich supplies
  • My go to meals to cook are pasta and tacos, so ingredients for those
  • Laundry stuff (although I have gone 16 days without doing any laundry before)

• a large reusable bag or similar to contain sand within rental vehicle (used towels, etc.)
  • waterproof phone pouch
  • wet wipes to keep in vehicle
  • insect repellant for hikes
  • disposable food containers
  • snorkel gear, if desired
  • locking bag (not necessary, but I like locking up my phone and cards at my pool/ beach chair)
  • Oahu Revealed guidebook
This will be my first time with the a kitchen. I’ve seen it suggested to bring:
  • a decent chef’s knife for fresh fruit

a large reusable bag or similar to contain sand within rental vehicle (used towels, etc.)
Is it an expectation that you contain sand in a rental vehicle? I've always rented vans, which are popular with surfers, and they've always been sandy even when I first pick them up.

Is it an expectation that you contain sand in a rental vehicle? I've always rented vans, which are popular with surfers, and they've always been sandy even when I first pick them up.

I've never been charged for sand or dirt. I think vacuuming the car is considered normal use, as long as there are no big mud stains.

Maybe it’s not an expectation and I worry for no reason? I still find Hawaiian sand in my travel shoe bags.

I’m coming from the perspective of a man who doesn’t like coffee so here’s how I pack:

I found I didn’t need an Apple TV as they have the streaming service on the disney resort tv to your phone so we watched disney plus movies on it.

Electronics
- Charger for Phone
- Car Charger for Rental Car
- Wireless headphones for flight

Sundries
- Comb
- Tanning Spray
- Deodorant
- Q-Tips
- Shaving Cream
- Razors
- Tooth Paste
- Tooth Brush
- Nail Clippers
- Facial Scrub
- Cologne

Medicines
- Headache
- Nyquil
- Dayquil
- Tums for stomach
- Bandaides and Cream

+ Sunglasses

The rest are essentially just clothing to pack obviously sandals and a bathing suit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter