*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I hope it's available by 8/18! We're not using the dining plan this trip, but I'll definitely purchase the mugs OOP if this design is available!

We won't be on the DDP either, but we planned on getting mugs for the trip, just not bringing them home - too many stock piled now! Definitely will keep these if they are available.

6 days left to go! Tomorrow we start our last 5 days of work before we leave. It always seems the last week before vacation drags on the longest. This time next week I will be riding Flights of Passage! Really looking forward to taking my parents to Animal Kingdom. The last time they were at Disney (20 some years ago) AK was not even open yet! Looking like that day is going to be a hot one, so I think we will definitely be taking a break in the afternoon.

My daughter and I were having breakfast this morning and I said to her, this time next week we will be on FOP!!

How awesome is this? Finally a new design! I hope it's available as early as Wednesday next week: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...ugs-to-receive-a-halloween-makeover-for-2018/

I know, I just saw this, too and we are checking in on Wed, the 15th, too. I'm hoping it's available. Will ask if I don't see it. If they won't have them til Friday, I might just get two and get two a couple days later. We land late on the 15th, so could be OK without the mug for a day or two. Fingers crossed.

ETA: we are on the dining plan, so we will get four mugs.

I know, I just saw this, too and we are checking in on Wed, the 15th, too. I'm hoping it's available. Will ask if I don't see it. If they won't have them til Friday, I might just get two and get two a couple days later. We land late on the 15th, so could be OK without the mug for a day or two. Fingers crossed.

I was thinking the same thing, I could probably hold on buying them if they become available on Friday. Fingers crossed!

Just returned from our DHS morning. We woke up at 5:30am and then woke up DD's at 5:40am. We were at bus stop at 6:03am ... and were about 10 seconds too late to catch the bus :sad2:. Next bus arrived at 6:24pm. We were at DHS at 6:39 (I was specifically tracking the times so I could report back here). We were off bus and through ticket area by 6:45- no problem getting through as people had already been let into park. We were in TSL by 6:50am and there was a 30 minute wait already for SDD- I asked a CM what time they had let people in today and he told me at 6;45am (and he said this has been what they've been doing this week). So, by being about 5 minutes late, we had a 30 minute wait already. We had an 8:05am FP for SDD so we rode Aliens twice and TSM 3x's. We got on SDD at 8am then went to Tower of Terror and rode it 3 times stand by, followed by 9;05am FP for Rockin Rollercoaster (kids rode twice by using their magic bands then our magic bands). Rode Star Tours stand by. Got an ice cream (first Mickey bar of the trip) then used 10:15am FP for Indiana Jones - love this show. Lunch at 11:25am Sci Fi - specialty shake is Pineapple Dole Whip shake. Back at our resort room by 1:15pm. Productive morning. We thought Aliens were cute but don't need to do it again. Liked SDD (have another FP for DHS day next week). TSM is still our favourite in that area. Tonight we are at Animal Kingdom - I just grabbed fastpasses for Dinosaur at 7pm tonight.
ETA: even though there was a 30 minute wait that early, it wasn't crowded anywhere else in the park. We walked on ToT three times in a row! 5 minute wait posted. It was really just the time to walk in. Same with Star Tours- walked right on at 10am. Very manageable crowds. Nice cloud coverage at several times this morning too. I would suggest to by at DHS by 6:30, do TSL, then right at 8am, go to other big rides with little to no wait times.

Just returned from our DHS morning. We woke up at 5:30am and then woke up DD's at 5:40am. We were at bus stop at 6:03am ... and were about 10 seconds too late to catch the bus :sad2:. Next bus arrived at 6:24pm. We were at DHS at 6:39 (I was specifically tracking the times so I could report back here). We were off bus and through ticket area by 6:45- no problem getting through as people had already been let into park. We were in TSL by 6:50am and there was a 30 minute wait already for SDD- I asked a CM what time they had let people in today and he told me at 6;45am (and he said this has been what they've been doing this week). So, by being about 5 minutes late, we had a 30 minute wait already. We had an 8:05am FP for SDD so we rode Aliens twice and TSM 3x's. We got on SDD at 8am then went to Tower of Terror and rode it 3 times stand by, followed by 9;05am FP for Rockin Rollercoaster (kids rode twice by using their magic bands then our magic bands). Rode Star Tours stand by. Got an ice cream (first Mickey bar of the trip) then used 10:15am FP for Indiana Jones - love this show. Lunch at 11:25am Sci Fi - specialty shake is Pineapple Dole Whip shake. Back at our resort room by 1:15pm. Productive morning. We thought Aliens were cute but don't need to do it again. Liked SDD (have another FP for DHS day next week). TSM is still our favourite in that area. Tonight we are at Animal Kingdom - I just grabbed fastpasses for Dinosaur at 7pm tonight.
ETA: even though there was a 30 minute wait that early, it wasn't crowded anywhere else in the park. We walked on ToT three times in a row! 5 minute wait posted. It was really just the time to walk in. Same with Star Tours- walked right on at 10am. Very manageable crowds. Nice cloud coverage at several times this morning too. I would suggest to by at DHS by 6:30, do TSL, then right at 8am, go to other big rides with little to no wait times.

Thanks for the information! Definitely helps with planning. I think we may just end up taking Uber or Lyft on our HS day, so I don't have to stress missing the bus. Sounds like it worked out fine though. I am guessing since you rode Aliens twice, there was not much wait? We have a FP for slinky dog.

Thanks for the information! Definitely helps with planning. I think we may just end up taking Uber or Lyft on our HS day, so I don't have to stress missing the bus. Sounds like it worked out fine though. I am guessing since you rode Aliens twice, there was not much wait? We have a FP for slinky dog.
We were the only ones on Alien for our first ride. When it was over we got off and rode it again with only a few other people. We might have been the first riders of the day on Aliens as the CM's were so excited to see us come on the ride. I'm guessing that since everyone goes to SDD that they were surprised to have riders so early. We could have ridden it over and over with no wait. I can't do the tea cups but I could easily do this ride. If you have a FP for SDD you should be totally fine. If you didn't, it would be more important to be there when they let everyone in. Even a 30 minute wait at SDD isn't too bad, but 30 minutes would be about the maximum that I would wait for a ride.

Help! :) I'm not sure how to plan our arrival day. Originally we were going to be at the resort all day, so grocery delivery wasn't a problem. Now DBF wants to go to Wine Bar George, and we have a lunch ADR at 2:45.

Our plane lands at 10:15am, i'm thinking we'll be at Pop by 12:30, and need to leave for Disney Springs by 1:30 to make our 2:45 ressie (is that right?) Should i place my instacart order while we're on ME on the way to the resort or wait until we're on the bus back from Disney Springs? If we place our order while on ME, what happens if our room isn't ready when it arrives? I can't imagine we'll be at DS too long because we will have been up since 3:30 that morning...lunch, ice cream, and maybe the Harley Shop and World of Disney soooooooo maybe 3ish hrs? When i was looking at Instacart delivery time, they have one for 6-8pm

Saturday isn't ideal because we're RD'ing AK, and will need breakfast foods before we go. Worst case, we can order it on Saturday on the way back from AK and get it while we're doing our break but hope you guys can help me figure out a plan for friday :worship:

Update - I called the front desk at Pop and the CM said yes, they will hold our groceries if we're not there. I told her we would be using instacart and she said it was fine. I double checked that i was calling the front desk at Pop and I was :)

So problem solved! I will place the order while we're on ME or a few days before.

I was thinking the same thing, I could probably hold on buying them if they become available on Friday. Fingers

Thanks again for the update! We probably would be in that 30 minute line since we didn't snag at SDD FP.

I may be completely wrong, but I think TSM will still be our favorite ride in TSL. It just a more unique ride.

Curious if you have used the MDE app to see bus times for your resort?

Enjoy AK! I am hoping my son will go on Dinosaur this trip. He went on it once and and hasn't been back on in 5 years. I've happily sat out with him, but I would like to ride it again.

How have you found the overall crowds?

We're sitting on the Tragical Express on our way to the airport. Had a great time but glad to be heading home.

We closed MK last night and it took so.ost 2 hours to get back to Pop. We actually took the AoA bus and walked across the bridge cause it was quicker. Would have to wait 4 or 5 Pop buses before we got on. Next time we'll Minnie Van back.

Today was spend just travelling around the world. Bus to MK, boat to Poly, resort monorail to TTC, monorail to Epcot and bus back to Pop. A perfect relaxing non park day to end out trip.

Hi all, quick question: can you take a Minnie van from magic kingdom to animal kingdom? We have a tight turnaround with ADRs and FP on one of our days. Maybe not the best planning but I’m hoping to make it work.

Thank you for sharing! It sounds like you had a great morning and you certainly accomplished a lot! Now I'm looking to switch our 50's PT ADR to Scifi so I can try that shake! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Thanks again for the update! We probably would be in that 30 minute line since we didn't snag at SDD FP.

I may be completely wrong, but I think TSM will still be our favorite ride in TSL. It just a more unique ride.

Curious if you have used the MDE app to see bus times for your resort?

Enjoy AK! I am hoping my son will go on Dinosaur this trip. He went on it once and and hasn't been back on in 5 years. I've happily sat out with him, but I would like to ride it again.

How have you found the overall crowds?

We have tried to use the MDE (I have two teenage daughters who put the app on their phones) but with very little success. The wifi is spotty / our room is so close to the bus we just head to bus and wait. We've actually had poor luck with buses, but it's still been ok as we are all adults/teens and are able to wait. Once we waited 15 min for a bus and the other 5 times have been 20-25 minute waits. Usually we have better luck with transportation - hopefully it will pick up. Even the 2 boat rides to Disney Springs have all been about 15 - 20 minute waits. Since we usually leave lots of time to get to where we want to go, we are doing ok.
This evening at AK was lovely. Supper at Rainforest Cafe (Landry card members), then DD's rode Everest and Dinosaur 2x's (grabbed a set of fastpasses for Dinosaur) while DH and I walked Pandora and saw Tree of Life show. We are really taking things at an easier pace - we don't need multiple rides.
Crowds are pretty good - seem to be the same as we usually see in August . It's still the same ... arrive at rope drop and you'll get lots done. Next year I think that we will do more evening than mornings as DD's would rather sleep in and stay out late. Plus, evenings are more manageable with the heat. It's still so humid, but easier to walk around without the intense sun. I am more of a morning person, but can adjust to evenings.
Tomorrow is a sleep in day with a late breakfast at Cape May (we're going to cab to Beach Club) and an afternoon at resort of swimming. May head into Disney Springs in evening ... we're going to just take it easy! I'll likely still get up easy and explore the resort / walk around PORS and maybe to French Quarter again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter