*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I was excited when I got the TP alert for BOG on the 23rd but when I went to book, WDW reminded me that I have the HEA Dessert party booked that night! So, we are keeping the 4:30 ADR for our MNSSHP night and will just have a really really early dinner before the party.

Darned Tim Tracker videos! We watched one recently where they had breakfast at the GF Cafe and as soon as DH saw the Eggs Benedict flight he decided we had to book breakfast there! I also looked at the R&C menu and decided to change our ADR there to something else. Tim Tracker has now convinced us to add GF Cafe breakfast as well as two nights at BWV.

So...less than 11 days from our trip and I *think* our ADRs are now finalized. Maybe.

Aug 19 - check in at BWV, dinner somewhere in the area.
Aug 20 - EP, Dinner @ Le Cellier
Aug 21 - check in at AKV-Jambo. HS, Lunch @ 50's PT, SW:AGS Dessert Party
Aug 22 - resort day, Breakfast @ GFCafe, Dinner @ Morimoto Asia
Aug 23 - MK, Lunch @ LTT, HEA Dessert Party
Aug 24 - AK, Dinner @ Tiffins - ROL dinner package
Aug 25 - resort day, Dinner @ Sanaa
Aug 26 - EP, Breakfast @GG, Dinner @ Spice Road (switched R&C for SR)
Aug 27 - AK, Lunch @ Y&Y
Aug 28 - resort day, Breakfast @ Boma, Dinner @ BOG, MNSSHP
Aug 29 - check out day. :( HS, lunch @ SciFi, head to airport hotel when we are done
Aug 30 - fly home

I have officially lost track of how many times I said that our ADRs were finalized and tbh we will likely adjust some of the on the fly...we are on the fence about Y&Y. We ate there last time and enjoyed it but we maybe over-scheduling ourselves a bit.

Just FYI BOG opened up (at least) Breakfast for August 23. Booked an 8am PPO and there seem to be plenty left. I guess they changed their renovation schedule?

THANK YOU! I just booked one for 8am. It was a scheduled MK day. Very excited.

This will be our first PPO at MK. How early should I get there since I know they let everyone in at 8am. Tell me about PPO BOG openings.

hi everyone! new to the thread... surprising my soon-to-be kindergartner with a 3 day trip to WDW. she has no clue and I'm waking her up Saturday morning with my Minnie ears on. we're heading right to the airport and we'll touch down in Orlando by 830 am. she's princess obsessed so I snagged us a royal room at POR. we'll pool hop between POFQ and do DS on Saturday. sunday is an all day MK day; PPO at BOG, BBB reservation, and CRT for dinner. Monday we will enjoy the resort through the afternoon where we'll take a Minnie van to GF for afternoon tea. then back to the hotel we go for our ride back to the airport around dinnertime. a quick but super exciting getaway! :) I am pumped!!!

THANK YOU! I just booked one for 8am. It was a scheduled MK day. Very excited.

This will be our first PPO at MK. How early should I get there since I know they let everyone in at 8am. Tell me about PPO BOG openings.
I'd be at the gate by 730. we've been let in to allow ample time to walk back to BOG for an 8 am!

Today we took boat to Disney Springs and had lunch at D'Luxe Burger for the first time. 2 had the BBQ burger with bacon and an onion ring, 1 had cheeseburger and added bacon and I had the cheeseburger but with a veggie burger patty - all of the burgers were fantastic and filling. We used snack credits to get 2 order of fries- the dipping sauces for the fries were so good... I could have eaten the garlic ranch with a spoon it was so good! We had shakes (smores shake , cake shake, strawberry godiva dark chocolate with alcohol shake and a strawberry cheesecake shake). They were all really good. We couldn't finish our food or shakes, but they were delicious and I'm glad we only got two orders of fries.
Did a bit of shopping (I love going to Basin, but it's under construction too - really small right now).
Returned to room for a swim / break. Booked a FD bounceback offer for next year at Riverside again. Everyone napping right now, except for me. We're heading in around 5 for Chef Mickey's reservation. I know it doesn't get a lot of love on the Dis, but we love it!
Tomorrow is early day for us- 8:10am BOG breakfast reservation.

I was excited when I got the TP alert for BOG on the 23rd but when I went to book, WDW reminded me that I have the HEA Dessert party booked that night! So, we are keeping the 4:30 ADR for our MNSSHP night and will just have a really really early dinner before the party.

Darned Tim Tracker videos! We watched one recently where they had breakfast at the GF Cafe and as soon as DH saw the Eggs Benedict flight he decided we had to book breakfast there! I also looked at the R&C menu and decided to change our ADR there to something else. Tim Tracker has now convinced us to add GF Cafe breakfast as well as two nights at BWV.

So...less than 11 days from our trip and I *think* our ADRs are now finalized. Maybe.

Aug 27 - AK, Lunch @ Y&Y
Aug 29 - check out day. :( HS, lunch @ SciFi, head to airport hotel when we are done
Aug 30 - fly home

I have officially lost track of how many times I said that our ADRs were finalized and tbh we will likely adjust some of the on the fly...we are on the fence about Y&Y. We ate there last time and enjoyed it but we maybe over-scheduling ourselves a bit.

Eggs benedict flight?! I looked it up. I may need to squeeze this in somewhere. YUM!

hi everyone! new to the thread... surprising my soon-to-be kindergartner with a 3 day trip to WDW. she has no clue and I'm waking her up Saturday morning with my Minnie ears on. we're heading right to the airport and we'll touch down in Orlando by 830 am. she's princess obsessed so I snagged us a royal room at POR. we'll pool hop between POFQ and do DS on Saturday. sunday is an all day MK day; PPO at BOG, BBB reservation, and CRT for dinner. Monday we will enjoy the resort through the afternoon where we'll take a Minnie van to GF for afternoon tea. then back to the hotel we go for our ride back to the airport around dinnertime. a quick but super exciting getaway! :) I am pumped!!!

So fun! We are taking our almost kindergartener also. It will be a nice break before he starts school.

Disappointed a bit with photopass day for HS. No character meets. Wish it was our AK day. I would love to meet Bolt!

Eggs benedict flight?! I looked it up. I may need to squeeze this in somewhere. YUM!

So fun! We are taking our almost kindergartener also. It will be a nice break before he starts school.

Disappointed a bit with photopass day for HS. No character meets. Wish it was our AK day. I would love to meet Bolt!

They might have felt that everybody would be concentrating on Toy Story Land rather than putting a character there to divide the time. I don't remember one being at AK last year which would apply the same principle.

Checking in to see if there's an August 5 update, if you don't mind. I appreciate this so much!
Today we passed the Jedi Training at about 1pm and it said they were on the alternate list. Don't know know what time it filled up though.

Alright I swallowed my fear and did Slinky Dog. It looks a lot more intimidating then it turned out to be. I'd say a half mark more intense then 7 Dwarf Mine Train. Like if 7 Dwarf is a 2 then Slinky is a 2.5 and I'd put Big Thunder Mountain at a 3.

Alien Saucers is jarring but fun. A lot more movement then I expected but not scary.

They might have felt that everybody would be concentrating on Toy Story Land rather than putting a character there to divide the time. I don't remember one being at AK last year which would apply the same principle.

That makes sense. Could be the reasoning. I know my son will be excited for the Rizzo shot. He loves the Muppets.

Aug 27 - AK, Lunch @ Y&Y
Aug 30 - fly home

Me too lol I added a BOG ADR for Breakfast last week when one opened up. I've been reviewing QS Lunch and Dinner ideas for the time we don't have plans for options just incase the kids don't feel like the original plans. Trying to be as flexible as possible for my own sanity really...

Today we passed the Jedi Training at about 1pm and it said they were on the alternate list. Don't know know what time it filled up though.
Thanks! We’d be signing up at 7:30 ish and hoping for a noon show, hopefully that works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter