*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

We got to cut a day off of our wait for our trip. Everyone schedule opened up and we decided to go to Disney a day early. Just got off with Disney and added a day before. So so excited. Single digits. :dogdance:

We got to do that last year. Spent an extra day doing some stuff outside of Disney, and had a fantastic time.

This year, we are kind of paying for it lol. My wife has to work until noon the day we are leaving for our trip, which means we don't get on the road until nearly 1 in the afternoon. That is going to be a long drive from NY to SC lol.

Did you have FPs for 7D or were you able to walk on twice?
We had a FP for the first time and we used DAS for the 2nd time (Disability return time).

We'll be in Epcot today and MK tomorrow. Just me and DD. She's in a purple stroller that we use as a wheelchair. She'll have on a birthday shirt tomorrow if anyone sees us feel free to say hi!

Hearing everybody report back is getting me even more excited for our trip! This time 3 weeks from now we'll be on the bus heading to HS...I hope the crowds continue to hold out. I'm still going back and forth on if i want to purchase out MNSSHP tickets now or wait til i see the forecast on saturday for that tuesday.

I was just looking over our ADR's and we have a 10:25am CP adr, but breakfast starts at 10:45 and lunch doesn't start until 11:30. How does that work? Will we get the stuff that's been sitting that they're trying to get rid of?

We had a FP for the first time and we used DAS for the 2nd time (Disability return time).

We'll be in Epcot today and MK tomorrow. Just me and DD. She's in a purple stroller that we use as a wheelchair. She'll have on a birthday shirt tomorrow if anyone sees us feel free to say hi!
We will be in MK tonight too for our last night. My DD will be wearing a pink BDay shirt. Today is her Sweet 16! So happy to be celebrating her special day in Disney!

We will be in MK tonight too for our last night. My DD will be wearing a pink BDay shirt. Today is her Sweet 16! So happy to be celebrating her special day in Disney!

How awesome to be celebrating in Disney! I hope she has the best day!!!

Just get caught up with my fellow August travelers after being away at the cottage over the last 4 weeks. So happy to hear reports for those of you who are there currently. Happy final planning to the rest of you going soon! Only 15 more days!!!! Anyone who wants to plan a Dismeet if you are down from the 21-28, shoot me a PM!

Interested in rope dropping experiences for the 7am DHS opening for TSL. Just read a couple reports that they are no longer opening the tapstiles before 6:30 -- more like 6:45-6:50 for the last few days.

TEN DAYS! So close, yet so far. We are all so excited to get there.

TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!! DISNEY IN TWO WEEKS!!! SO EXCITED!!!

That being said, a nasty stomach bug worked it's way through DS's daycare class last week and then hit me this weekend. DH is now dealing with it. If the older girls get it, I hope they get it now and out of the way before our trip!!!

Oh no! Hope you all feel better soon! At least you have time to get well before your trip.

How awesome! Birthdays are always better in Disney! Hope she has a fabulous day.

Oh take crowd levels with a pillar of salt: the “3” at AK yesterday turned out to be closer to a “6”.
Epcot today- very sow in am except tt(had fp) easily did Soarin, lwtl, Seas, could have done frozen but we don’t care for the ride. FP TT and MS orange. Then margarita in Mexico on way to Via Napoli lunch. Caught the new mix tapes guardians of galaxy show (was fun) then it started to rain so we ducked into Disney Visa meet and greet. Done raining by time we were out. Dh back to resort to do some work, I’m on way to MK (people mover) then snagged a FP for TSM and to see my dd before we head to universal again tonight. Last day of my AP for Disney (although dd has a couple passes to use tomorrow or Wednesday if I want). Want d to do all four parks today but I’m out of time.

Thanks! We're especially excited for a 2 week stay, including 4 days at Beach Club Club Level ... we've stayed at Beach Club before but never CL so we hope to enjoy it. Last year we just did a week at POP as we were on a Mediterranean Cruise last summer. We weren't even going to go to Disney, but then we decided we had to get there, even if only for a short trip. It was pretty quick and a lot of park time. This trip I'm hoping to have lots of pool time / wander around PORS grounds for our first 10 days / Disney Springs and then lots of Epcot, SAB and Boardwalk time when we move to BC. We're leaving in about 45 minutes!
Hope you have a great trip too. I've watched your videos and they're terrific!

Thank you so much for watching the videos - that was sweet of you. Have a blast. The BC is a great resort - with a great pool. We are so excited for our trip - the first 4 nights are at AKL CL. We have never stayed there before and have heard such good things about it. Enjoy POR and the BC.

Happy birthday to both of your DDs. It is so much fun to be in Disney on your birthday. We are celebrating our friend's daughter's 21st birthday while we are there. So much fun. Enjoy.

We had a great evening at Magic Kingdom...worth the foot pain I am experiencing now. We went in at about 2:30. Got my dd the Starbucks she has been wanting. We hit Adventure Land to do Alladin, Jungle Cruise and (new to us) Pirates of the Caribbean. Between Alladin and Jungle Cruise we had some fun with those totum poles that squirt water. Very refreshing and entertaining for me to watch my children getting wet. Did not know there was a drop on Pirates so that was funny. When I got in, I thought "I wonder why this seat is wet." I found out. :rotfl:

After that we headed over to Tomorrow Land and hit the People Mover which was down when we visited earlier in the trip. We did Carousel of Progress again because we just love it so much. Then we used our fast passes for Buzz Lightyear (which was also down earlier in the trip. After getting beaten thoroughly both times on Toy Story Mania, my son beat his sister on Buzz. Boy was he thrilled.

Then it was on to Fantasy Land to repeat our two favorite things. Philharmagic and Small World. Now last year, after we did Small World I found a good spot in front of the castle for the children and went off to get dinner. Little did I know I would end up in a 45 minute line. Yes, 45 minutes despite being the 4th person at the register. A lady in front of me had someone in her party with an allergy and due to procedure, the cashier had to wait for someone to come over to verify before completing the order. It took someone over 20 minutes to get there. By the time I got back to them, dd and I had to use the lights on our phones to find each other. We had 2 minutes to eat before they told everyone to stand up to get ready for the show.

Not this year. While we were in line for Small World, I put in our dinner order on my phone. We chose Columbia Harbor House which is a favorite of ours. Once we were off the ride I tapped the "Prepare my order" button. By the time we walked in, my phone let me know the food was ready. Took a bit to find a table; but we sat and ate and were out in plenty of time for HEA.

Right as it started, a guy told his girlfriend he wanted to take a photo with her. Once they had taken the photo, he knelt and proposed. :lovestruc
We enjoyed HEA. It was a long day for our feet for sure. We'll sleep in a little before doing a short visit to Animal Kingdom tomorrow.

The proposal..so magically romantic! A guy after my own Disney heart.:goodvibes

The proposal..so magically romantic! A guy after my own Disney heart.:goodvibes

My now SIL proposed to my daughter last October doing the same thing. They were getting pictures in front of castle then he said "One more" and got down on his knee.
The photographer got it all on film. :)
I figured he is worthy to marry my daughter after that. :teeth:

My now SIL proposed to my daughter last October doing the same thing. They were getting pictures in front of castle then he said "One more" and got down on his knee.
The photographer got it all on film. :)
I figured he is worthy to marry my daughter after that. :teeth:

:love:

Interested in rope dropping experiences for the 7am DHS opening for TSL. Just read a couple reports that they are no longer opening the tapstiles before 6:30 -- more like 6:45-6:50 for the last few days.

I've been reading this too.
If I am awake at 5:30am (CT) I have been watching waits. I've noticed the past few days it jumps to 15 minutes from 5 minutes around 6:45, so I am guessing they are letting people in later than they were.
The last thing I want to do is drag my teenagers to the park to have to stand around longer than I was selling them. :)

The other thing I am watching is reports on the walk. We are at the Dolphin our first 2 nights, and hoping the extended walk isn't too bad...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter