• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Can anyone tell me how hard a STANDARD VIEW studio is to book at 7 months out at either Kidani or Jambo, first week of May and First week of September?
September usually has a fair amount of availability. Getting into October and later, it disappears.
When we stay at Kidani, we LOVE staying in the Savannah view whether it is studio or 1 BR. So much fun to have breakfast watching the animals in the Savannah.

If you're staying in Kadani, is there a place to get coffee at 4-5am?
Not that I'm aware of. Even over in Jambo the Mara quick service location opens at 6:30 am. I would not expect anything in Kidani to be open before that. ( https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/mara/ )

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any Disney resort with coffee available before 6.

Solution:
You can brew a half decent pot of coffee in-room. Since the Kidani rooms are all DVC they all come with a 12 cup drip coffee maker and a small supply packets of coffee, enough for 2-3 days, sometimes more if your housekeeper was feeling generous. make sure not to use the Florida tap water or it will ruin the pot of coffee as it has a sulfur smell/taste to it. Use bottled.

I always have an order delivered from Amazon, Walmart or Publix for a 40 pack of purified water, creamer and fruit, cereals and snacks even if we're in a studio. I bring my own bagged coffee, and 12c filters from home as I'm pretty particular on flavors although the new 50th Joffrey's Coffee that is in the room is pretty good.

Last edited:
Hello I think I read somewhere that next Jan - April they may be updating the Pool at Kidani. So I'm trying to book a 2 bedroom at Jambo. Does anyone know if there are any standard views that have a partial savannah view? And please correct me if I'm wrong do the Jambo 2 bedrooms only have 2 bathrooms but the Kidani 2 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms right?

You are correct, I read the notice wrong, being I was putting in for 2023 I don't know why they kept this up.
1653055846414.png

Hello I think I read somewhere that next Jan - April they may be updating the Pool at Kidani. So I'm trying to book a 2 bedroom at Jambo. Does anyone know if there are any standard views that have a partial savannah view? And please correct me if I'm wrong do the Jambo 2 bedrooms only have 2 bathrooms but the Kidani 2 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms right?
Correct on the bathroom situation. Paging @drusba for the view information.

There are a couple of standard view rooms at Jambo House that have a savanna view. I know someone that stayed in a room that had a savanna view. But I don't know if the room was a studio or a 1BR. It was a limited view more view of birds than the hoof stock. It seems to me that both rooms were next to each other. It was down the Ostrich Trail. Possibly rooms 5110, 12, 14 & 5116. But it could have been the dedicated studios of 5120 and 5122. I guess that doesn't really answer your question.

Here's map link showing the room numbers http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html

As to Kidani, see this map file:///Users/don/Desktop/Kxq3nYU.jpg The standard view rooms that have savanna view are (a) all rooms on the Pembe savanna side in the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing; the Pumbaa elevator is between those two building units; (b) about half the rooms on the Pembe savanna side in the fourth building unit on the north wing are standard views with at least partial savanna view. Best request to make to get savanna view with a standard is likely to request a room near the Pumbaa elevator.

As to Jambo see this map for location of standard view rooms G2qaSva.png. More than half the standard view rooms have savanna view while the rest overlook the pool area. Best request to make to get a savanna view with a standard view room is to request a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building (the left side of the u-shaped building when facing the map) because all standards on that side have a savanna view (of the Sunset savanna).

Last edited:
As to Kidani, see this map file:///Users/don/Desktop/Kxq3nYU.jpg The standard view rooms that have savanna view are (a) all rooms on the Pembe savanna side in the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing; the Pumbaa elevator is between those two building units; (b) about half the rooms on the Pembe savanna side in the fourth building unit on the north wing are standard views with at least partial savanna view. Best request to make to get savanna view with a standard is likely to request a room near the Pumbaa elevator.

As to Jambo see this map for location of standard view rooms G2qaSva.png. More than half the standard view rooms have savanna view while the rest overlook the pool area. Best request to make to get a savanna view with a standard view room is to request a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building (the left side of the u-shaped building when facing the map) because all standards on that side have a savanna view (of the Sunset savanna).
I appreciate your help on this!!

A lot of the Jambo standard views are actually ‘partial’ savanna views - mostly Sunset savanna, a few overlook Uzima savanna on Zebra trail. This was my view this Dec. from a 2 br. standard view on Kudu trail in Jambo.
F6CF461D-6F1B-4744-93A7-1276AA62463B.jpeg541FAAC3-20AD-467A-A64E-2F6C6F7022FB.jpeg
There are a couple of standard view rooms at Jambo House that have a savanna view. I know someone that stayed in a room that had a savanna view. But I don't know if the room was a studio or a 1BR. It was a limited view more view of birds than the hoof stock. It seems to me that both rooms were next to each other. It was down the Ostrich Trail. Possibly rooms 5110, 12, 14 & 5116. But it could have been the dedicated studios of 5120 and 5122. I guess that doesn't really answer your question.

Here's map link showing the room numbers http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html
Villas on Ostrich trail are all value villas, not standard view.

Great Pictures, do you by chance remember the room number?
I still have the text on my phone 😂 5344 & 5346 Kudu trail Jambo house - it was a lock off 2 br.. Bit of a walk but so worth it for the view, I saw other animals occasionally but the giraffes were there a lot and I could see the Red River hogs in their yard!

Than
I still have the text on my phone 😂 5344 & 5346 Kudu trail Jambo house - it was a lock off 2 br.. Bit of a walk but so worth it for the view, I saw other animals occasionally but the giraffes were there a lot and I could see the Red River hogs in their yard!

Does anyone have the Manager Email address for Animal Kingdom Lodge. The one I found further up on this thread doesn't work: WDW.GM.AnimalKingdomLodge@Disney.com
Speaking of emailing management I’ve been thinking to randomly start emailing someone in dvc management to endorse the idea of making akv studios fit 5 when they do the hard refurb in next year or two. If you find the correct email please also share with me so I can start my campaigning lol.

Speaking of emailing management I’ve been thinking to randomly start emailing someone in dvc management to endorse the idea of making akv studios fit 5 when they do the hard refurb in next year or two. If you find the correct email please also share with me so I can start my campaigning lol.
was told that I need to go through: guest.services@disneyworld.com to email the resorts now. I don't know when that changed.

Am trying to recall the name of mixed drink I once has at Sanaa bar. It came with a African bead bracelet wrapped around the glass. What was the name? And is it still being served? TIA

This is actually not true. I reserved a savanna room at Kidani and we stayed in the very last room on the Pembe side. We paid points for a savannah room and had a partial view of a large building that as far as I could tell housed machines. As far as animals go, there was an ankole cattle on the savannah and an ostrich. We stayed from Saturday to Saturday. On Monday, we were standing on our balcony, and an animal keeper told us that on Tuesday, a zebra would be coming. From the animals we saw, I think this part of the Savannah is where they put the misfits. I liked the zebra, I called him our zebra, but he was no longer there when we stayed in May (in a different room on the opposite side that had loads of animals).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter