The November 2015 Open Pre and Live Trip Reports

Wednesday and Thursday were late nights for us doing EMH and the Christmas party. Tonight we did the early hoop dee doo then laundry and packing while the kids were swimming. We still made it down to see the water parade and fireworks at the beach. I'll post some more when we get home about the party. Here's some frome today:
2015-11-20 23.30.46.jpg Headed to the MK to eat lunch at Be our Guest and play Sorcerer's game.
2015-11-20 23.30.11.jpg 2015-11-20 23.30.11.jpg The castle around noon.
2015-11-20 23.29.30.jpg Christmas decor at the hoop dee doo

I'm all disgruntled here. Why are the chairs gone? Somebody grab up a fist full of CM clothing and find out...

I'm all disgruntled here. Why are the chairs gone? Somebody grab up a fist full of CM clothing and find out...
I figured the Scupper would be around by now with an explanation. Let's hope it's just for the holidays (or less).

j

G719- thanks for the pics, quick question- in your pic of the castle it looks like the plantars with the bushes in them are still in front of the ramps, are the ramps still not open? My dd is really excited about walking through the castle and will not be a happy camper if we can't.

G719- thanks for the pics, quick question- in your pic of the castle it looks like the plantars with the bushes in them are still in front of the ramps, are the ramps still not open? My dd is really excited about walking through the castle and will not be a happy camper if we can't.
The castle was not open to walk through the days we were there. The train wasn't either but I think it was supposed to open today.

Okay, thanks for the update though that is very disappointing. I wonder what in the world they are doing that takes so long? Really hope they open up the dang ramps before we go to MK next Sunday!

If we don't have an answer before I get there, then I will do it. Not sure how threatened they will feel by a woman but I'll try it!

Ruthies you go at them. I will try as well since i am still here.

Yesterday we did not do much. No parks I went and soaked myself in the hot tub that helped some. We then walked dogs and had a heck of a time getting to CA Grill for dinner. We were late but they took us anyways. Had a great dinner and watched Holiday Wishes. Unfortunately we were home late, at least for me.

Today we were a bit lazy. We did make it to Epcot. Had issues with the campground internet. When i called they said it was a known issue. Seems to be working now but am on the Hot Spot. It has been a busy day at the fort. Lots of people coming and going. Have seen some HUGE 5th wheels coming in. Plan is to hit Mizner's for dinner and head in early tonight.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

The castle was not open to walk through the days we were there. The train wasn't either but I think it was supposed to open today.

The train was running today. Also this morning was the first day I noticed that I could see through the castle, not sure if you could walk through it though, the 3 other days we did MK they had the barriers up. Later in the day today I did see they put the barriers up.

Only 9 hours from Magical Express pickup to pulling in the driveway. And only about a 45 degree change in the weather.

We started off the morning with everything moving right along. We got our checked bags checked and then stored our carry ons and returned the cart. We were in Epcot and riding spaceship earth at 8:45. Then some final shopping at mouse gears, living with the land, late breakfast at garden grill, soarin fp, and the Nemo ride. We headed out to the bus at noon to get back for our 2:20 pick up. We got back with time to go to the Meadows and have a little snack and trade some pins on the pin board. The DME bus was early so he let us get on but we still had to sit around until 2:20. Then we had to pick up french quarter, Saratoga springs, and old key west. Each stop seemed to take forever and I was getting anxious about having time for security. We get in line at 3:50. Our boarding time in 4:35 so I was more anxious now. And the security line is not moving. Then it starts going and they have the dog working the line so it went quicker since you didn't have to take shoes off. Finally we are at the gate with 15 minutes to spare. :scared: Then boarding is delayed because the first officer isn't there yet from another flight. Then we board but we're still waiting on him. Then it's storming north of the airport so the planes are backed up and we have to wait some more. Finally we leave but an hour late. And we arrive in Pittsburgh to rain, wind, and falling temperatures. Finished the day with a late chik fil a dinner and a quiet drive home. Can't wait until we can go to the Fort again. It was a fantastic week!

:cake::cake::cake:Now for a recap of the week.
11/14: Travel day and AK after dark. Hours were extended and it was a great time to ride with little wait. 19,458 steps or 7.75 miles
11/15: MK pre opening breakfast which earned us a ride on the mine train and a chance to meet Anna and Elsa with a short wait. Then we had some pool time before going to Epcot for Via Napoli and playing the Agent P game. After that we hopped to Studios for EMH to see the lights. Studios wasn't crowded at all for EMH. 27,490 steps or 10.95 miles- the highest for the week.
11/16: We went to Typhoon Lagoon and had an awesome time with no crowd. Then the campfire and fireworks at the fort. Only logged 4,626 steps as I didn't wear my Fitbit at TL.
11/17: We went to Epcot for EMH and hopped to Studios to use our FP before it closed at 4. We had our first visit to first aid after youngest daughter fell. We got some ice to put on her knees on the bus ride. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon. 15,767 steps or 6.3 miles
11/18: We went to AK for EMH, took an afternoon swim break, and went to MK for late EMH and to use our FP. We watched the fireworks from the people mover as the kids didn't want to stop and and watch the fireworks from the FP area. Guess I shouldn't have bothered with that FP. 18,855 steps, 7.5 miles
11/19: The girls got their hair done at the Ivy Trellis at the Grand Floridian with the princess package. This was fun and better than the BBB I think. The hair stylist was so nice to visit with during the appointment. Then we took a break and did the Christmas party. We did the party 2 years ago also. For the party we went at 4 as they start letting party guests in at that time. We had a 4:20 ADR for the plaza. Some say don't waste party time on an ADR but it worked out as that was the time it was pouring outside. After dinner we played some sorcerers of the magic kingdom in Liberty square and did some rides. Pirates was broke down and we never did get back to ride it at all this trip. We went into the store in frontier land and got the party special edition pins. We were waiting to watch the parade in frontier land as we had 2 years ago. Right at parade time they announce it will be delayed due to the weather. We decided not to wait. I'm not sure if they had the first parade or not. We ventured to fantasyland and did more rides and caught the fireworks from the mine train. Mine train was only a 20 minute wait during the party. We thought about getting a picture with the dwarves but couldn't tell where the line was or exactly how long it was. We watched a little bit of the parade while having a snack near the hub. We stayed until after 11. We didn't do much of the actual party events like characters or parade or sitting and watching the fireworks. We just enjoyed the low crowds and short waits on the rides. 2 years ago we did watch the entire parade and saw some characters. We would have watched the parade if it hadn't been delayed by the rain. It didn't really rain hard most of the night. Mostly a light, drizzly rain. 18,828 steps, 7.5 miles
11/20 We slept in and then had a short day at MK to play sorcerers of the magic kingdom and eat lunch at BOG. We did hoop Dee doo and really enjoyed it. 14,736 steps, 5.86 miles
11/21 We spent the morning at Epcot to do our FP and then headed home. 13,046 steps, 5.2 miles

What we enjoyed most this trip: early mornings and late nights at the parks, driving around the fort in the golf cart and everything else at the fort, and all the Christmas decorations everywhere.

What we missed on the to do list: eating a Mickey pretzel, seeing the beauty and the beast show (haven't seen it in 3 trips), getting a lot of photopass pictures.

Stay tuned in the next post for some pictures and then our dining reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter