• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this makes me want to request one of these longhouses! Thanks a bunch!

Glad to help! Since you liked MattsMom's picture, I thought I'd add two of our garden view from Rapa Nui in May '07:

To the left (looking at Tokelau):

PolyBalconyView2.jpg

Straight out:

PolyBalconyView1.jpg

We did 4 resorts our last stay. We did 4 nights at the 1st 3 that we never stayed at and 3 nights at AKL. I found the 4th night really made the stay feel just right. It would take us a day to just get our bearings for the resort. But if you've been before than 3 should be fine. Have a great time!!

No were going down for 2wks. I was asking if three days was long enough for the Polynesian. We doing 5 different resorts on this trip.

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for all the information you all have shared! We are leave tomorrow at 12:30 for our Disneymoon and are so excited to be doing the land/sea and staying at the POLY. We did not make a room request, I wanted to leave it to the Tiki God's to send us some fairy dust for our magical trip :thumbsup2 I am hoping for one of the newer long houses closer to the TTC.

If theres any thing any one wants me to check out while we are there 12/12-12/21 let me know please! I would love to contribute back!

And any one who will be there at the same time please say "HI"!

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for all the information you all have shared! We are leave tomorrow at 12:30 for our Disneymoon and are so excited to be doing the land/sea and staying at the POLY. We did not make a room request, I wanted to leave it to the Tiki God's to send us some fairy dust for our magical trip :thumbsup2 I am hoping for one of the newer long houses closer to the TTC.

If theres any thing any one wants me to check out while we are there 12/12-12/21 let me know please! I would love to contribute back!

Best Wishes!!!:love:

And have a wonderful honeymoon at the Polynesian!:wizard:

Will you come back and let us know about your Polynesian stay?

Best Wishes!!!:love:

And have a wonderful honeymoon at the Polynesian!:wizard:

Will you come back and let us know about your Polynesian stay?

Ditto and please! We need some new reports! :banana: It's cold up here. . .:scared1:

Have a safe, wonderful honeymoon! :lovestruc

Have a great trip!!!

OK, it's official now. We are staying at the POLY in July for 5 nights - club level again. I can't wait.

We were originally going the last week of August like we always do, but our plans have changed a bit. We did have free dining for August, but that's ok.

Now the waiting game begins......LOL....

Have a great trip!!!

OK, it's official now. We are staying at the POLY in July for 5 nights - club level again. I can't wait.

We were originally going the last week of August like we always do, but our plans have changed a bit. We did have free dining for August, but that's ok.

We are staying July club too.. July 25,26..:banana:

Have a great trip!!!

Have a great time. :thumbsup2

We check into the Poly tomorrow! Our flight should land around 11:30am, so hopefully we'll be there a little after lunch. We have a MK view booked and requested Tahiti. Can't wait!!!

Have a wonderful Honeymoon!!

We check into the Poly tomorrow! Our flight should land around 11:30am, so hopefully we'll be there a little after lunch. We have a MK view booked and requested Tahiti. Can't wait!!!

Have a great time!!!

Yeah! We just booked for Feb 4-11 using the 4/3 promo! The only room cat. left for the promotional rate was Garden View, but I'm sure that will work for us just fine.

I do have one question... Our flight arrives at MCO around 10:30 AM, so we are hoping to grab a lunch upon arrival. We have booked the dining plan, and were wondering if we should make ADR's for Kona for lunch, or if they often have walk-ups available?

Thank you!

I have never been charged for the delivery of a package.
For our Christmas trips we have always shipped 2 3 1/2 foot Christmas trees and the ornaments and packages. We have stayed at every WDW resort except Shades of Green and SSR.

Ditto and please! We need some new reports! :banana: It's cold up here. . .:scared1:

Isn't that the truth!

Yeah! We just booked for Feb 4-11 using the 4/3 promo! The only room cat. left for the promotional rate was Garden View, but I'm sure that will work for us just fine.

I do have one question... Our flight arrives at MCO around 10:30 AM, so we are hoping to grab a lunch upon arrival. We have booked the dining plan, and were wondering if we should make ADR's for Kona for lunch, or if they often have walk-ups available?

Thank you!

I think you will have no problem walking up to Kona for lunch. It's not nearly as busy then as at breakfast and dinner. Have fun!

Isn't that the truth!

So, it's been a few weeks since we've returned from our first stay at the Poly, but I wanted to #1 Thank you all for all the help that this thread provided while we were planning and #2 Give you a quick synopsis of our trip! Since we have about a foot of snow on the ground here in upstate NY I figured (as previous posters mentioned) that you would enjoy a Poly Pick me up!;) We checked into the Poly on 11-19 at about 1PM and it was heaven from the start! Our room was ready and we were given our request of Tokelau. It was a great location for us. We were on the third floor, which didn't end up being that big of a deal, my dd loved pushing the button on the elevator! We ate at Captain Cook's a number of times and really don't have any complaints about it--except for the one time that we were in a hurry and the CM working the register accidentally charged me for 86 coffees!:scared1: We also ate a Kona-YUM! We were unable to get a ressie at Ohana so that is on our list for next time (if we ever get a chance to stay here again!)

We took advantage of both pools while we were there, but used the quiet pool more often, as it was just steps from our building. We also used the beach during the day to play in the sand or relax in a hammock and at night to watch the fireworks--such a PERFECT viewing spot!!

We never had any transportation problems. It was so nice to have the TTC so close. My daughter loved the "Mon-E-rail" and how convenient is it to be able to just push the stroller right on?! I totally underestimated how handy that would be. We never waited very long for the buses, although we did have one bus ride that look a while because of loading 2 electronic wheelchairs at the GF. Hmm...what else..oh, the room itself was spacious and clean. Loved the wall art with 3 hidden mickeys that we could find. Also the shower was nice and hot with good water pressure--this is important to us!:goodvibes I also wanted to mention how awesome the atmosphere is at the GCH, especially in the evenings. The smells of the restaurants and the guitar playing--so magical.

Overall, it was a wonderful vacation and I really hope that we someday get the opportunity to return:love: If you'd like the entire "dish" about our trip-including lots of pics you can check out my trip report. My sister is also doing a coordinating food report because we were on the DDP for the first time on this trip as well--lots of food!

Good luck to all of you planning your vacations-the planning is the best part, in my opinion--nothing like that anticipation leading up to the trip! And thanks again for all the great info! I hope that our trip reports serve to help some others in the planning process or those that just need to "get away" for a few days!

Happy Holidays:santa:
-Kelly

Thanks for the mini-report Kelly! A bright spot in an otherwise dreary winter (late fall actually, but it feels like winter :sad1: ) day! Glad you had a wonderful stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter