The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are pictures of the Grand Floridian taken from my Tower Magic Kingdom View room at the Contemporary and from the beach at the Polynesian.

IMG_0129-1.jpg

IMG_0557-1.jpg

Just returned from our first stay at GF. WOW! How will we ever stay any where else again? The CM's were so nice, the resort is gorgeous and we had a fabulous time. We stayed in Boca Chica in a corner room #8345. We had 2 balconies in the corner room and it was just breath taking! Here are a few pictures which don't even begin to do the view justice....

38844e1-med.jpg

38844f-med.jpg

38844a-med.jpg

38844d-med.jpg

38844b-med.jpg

38844c-med.jpg

Candi, what a great room! Can I ask what the view category was for that room? I'm guessing Theme Park.

Just returned from our first stay at GF. WOW! How will we ever stay any where else again?

Boy, isn't that the truth?! It is very hard to stay elsewhere, the GF is wonderful! I'm glad you had such a great stay. Lovely photos, btw.

Lives4Disney - I have also read from posters who think that the GF is stuffy, but have never felt that during any stay. I don't like to walk through the lobby with swim gear more for myself (I feel self conscious at every resort, not just the GF, lol), rather than any feeling that the resort doesn't like it. Especially on the way back, I hate to track through with damp, sandy flip flops and drippy hair. Just a personal preference, I don't begrudge anyone else doing it - you are right, it is Disney, after all! :goodvibes

CRResort Fan 4 Life - love those views of the GF!

I dont see alot of that at the GF. I have seen it at the POP though. There are some threads on the DIS right now that say of you decorate your window they MAY charge you if they have to clean it up. I dont know if that was proved a rumor or true.

It's just not appropriate at the GF, it's one of the reasons we like to stay there.
If a CM didn't notice & have it removed I would report it to the front desk ASAP!

THANKS for all the info and the photos. Now Im even more excited about our upcoming trip.

We have a garden view room, do you think we need to request any certain areas?

How is the internet access at the resort?

Can you 'hear' the people in rooms near you? Or are the rooms pretty quiet?

Whats the gym like? Have you used it?

THANKS for all the info and the photos. Now Im even more excited about our upcoming trip.

We have a garden view room, do you think we need to request any certain areas?

How is the internet access at the resort?

Can you 'hear' the people in rooms near you? Or are the rooms pretty quiet?

Whats the gym like? Have you used it?

I dont really think there are bad Garden view rooms at the GF.
I have never had an issue with noise there. The gym was fine it is over at the SPA.

Just returned from our first stay at GF. WOW! How will we ever stay any where else again? The CM's were so nice, the resort is gorgeous and we had a fabulous time. We stayed in Boca Chica in a corner room #8345. We had 2 balconies in the corner room and it was just breath taking! Here are a few pictures which don't even begin to do the view justice....

We had that room once & it was awesome! We watched the fireworks over the castle from one balcony and the Electrical Water Pageant from the other one! Since our DD was only 2 years old at the time, it was SO NICE to put on "jammies" and not to have to go downstairs to watch them.

Glad you liked it, too!:)

Kelly,

Thanks for starting up another beautiful thread about the GF. Makes we want to change our reservations again (but I was out-voted, so I cant)!

Great pics everyone!!!!!!!
Does anyone know what kind of view you get in the deluxe rooms inthe main building? Also can you see the fireworks or EWP from the Concierge Lounge??

Kelly?!?! You gonna post my updated cabana pics or should I??(I hope you do lol)

Let me know!!:thumbsup2

Looks great so far!!:goodvibes

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter