The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (Nov 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone who stayed non-concierge @ GF share their experience? I would hate to spend $400/night only to be disappointed with the service.

Thanks!

We never stay concierge and think the resort is fantastic!! The service is outstanding, the restaurants are terrific, the location can't be beat. We love it there!!!

Hey There!!

I never stay concierge either, not because I don't want to, but I like to stay a long time and what I don't know won't hurt me. I am afraid that if I try it, I'll never be able to go back. Thats what happened with the GF!! We LOVED the WL and we decided to do a split stay with the GF because of the monorail and pool.....needless to say I could never stay anywhere else!!! We still love the WL, we visit every trip!!!!

The GF grounds are beautiful the pool is so much fun!! The restaurants are awesome and the monorail rocks!!:goodvibes

Thank you praline3001, cinderumbrella and wishesqueen for your response. I am super excited about the trip. Even more than the kids.:cheer2:

Praline3001, I haven't finished reading your trip report but so far it looks like you had a great time.

Thank you praline3001, cinderumbrella and wishesqueen for your response. I am super excited about the trip. Even more than the kids.:cheer2:

Praline3001, I haven't finished reading your trip report but so far it looks like you had a great time.

We had a wonderful time! We are going back to the GF in June and are staying sugar loaf... I couldn't help myself :rotfl2:

The resort is very beautiful and calming! I love walking the grounds in the morning or at sunset... very relaxing after a long day in the park!

I'm sure it's really nice and I'd love to try it if I ever get upgraded, but I can find alot more to do with the extra money - like the spa and fine dining that I can justify spending for concierge...

Just me, I guess..

I'm sure it's really nice and I'd love to try it if I ever get upgraded, but I can find alot more to do with the extra money - like the spa and fine dining that I can justify spending for concierge...

Just me, I guess..

Well it really depends on your family too... see with my DD and I we are planning on hitting the conceirge lounge for breakfast every morning. Might do a lunch and a dinner there too... as we are not big eaters (I am a gastric bypass gal and DD is only 6) throw in the free drinks you get... and it starts to balance itself out SOME... you don't make out CHEAPER but if you consider the free snacks and drinks it does defray the cost. :goodvibes

I agree with Brook. If you work the food offerings into your schedule it's worth it. If you plan to rarely be in the resort, then a GV is fine. It's for the vacation when you want to linger around a bit more, spend more time at the resort and pool - then it's worth it. It can add up saving you in food money.

We are thinking about staying at GF during FD. We have stayed at BC, Cont., AKL, and POP. How does the GF compare to the others? How is Bus service from the other parks? When we stayed at Cont. it was pretty good but it seemed the mon-rail would often get stuck or take forever? I hope that doesn't happen a lot.:)

Has anyone stayed in a 1Bedroom concierge level outer lodge room?? We just booked this for November-Dec and I would like to make sure that it is worth it? It will be my DS 16th birthday and we would like it to be really nice. Where is the outer lodge concierge level located? Would you recommend a certain room for request? Where are the laundry facilities? Thanks any info would be great!!

Has anyone stayed in a 1Bedroom concierge level outer lodge room?? We just booked this for November-Dec and I would like to make sure that it is worth it? It will be my DS 16th birthday and we would like it to be really nice. Where is the outer lodge concierge level located? Would you recommend a certain room for request? Where are the laundry facilities? Thanks any info would be great!!

Howdy Welcome!!!!!
I know this thread is getting a little long. As our resident GF expert is well... at DISNEY right now.... we are trying to keep the post down so this thread doesn't get locked out before she returns to start a new one :rotfl2:

With that said, the first 10 pages of this thread are a wealth of info. Most of your questions can be answered by reading the first 10 pages. There is info on the laundry services and pics too :banana:
The lodge conceirge is the Sugar Loaf building. I am staying there myself for the first time next month. I have heard wonderful things about it. There is another GF thread where we chat Off topic stuff as well as things about the GF... the link is:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=24713346#post24713346

As I said... this thread is WAY close to being locked down and until Kelly gets back from Disney to start a new one we are trying to be extremely careful.

If the category was just "Outer Lodge 1 bedrm suite" or something like that and didn't specify Sugar Loaf, your suite could be in any of the outer buildings. Personally I prefer to be nearest the concierge staff and the lounge area, which are both in Sugar Loaf and in the main building (Royal Palm Club). You can email IPO for specifics on exactly where this suite might be located. Their email address is at the front of this thread. PS....if your DS is anything like my DS (17 yrs old) he would definitely prefer a room at the Contemporary. They have 1 bedroom suites on teh 14th floor with gorgeous MK or Bay Lake views. Something to consider. (even though I am a devoted GF FAN! we used to be CR concierge guests and it remains DS's all time favorite WDW resort)

Disney Fans - The GF is the best deluxe Disney has. ;) I have stayed at all but the WL and AKL, which both have no appeal to me. The GF has much nicer amenities and great service. I have never had any big bus problems while at the GF - and we've stayed there A LOT.:goodvibes I don't mind the Disney transportation, though. I prefer to leave the real world behind and just let the Disney magic take me away. :thumbsup2 If you're in a hurry or don't care to wait or deal with possibly crowded buses, there are cabs handy. The MGM bus shared with WL last time we were there and it wasn't crowded and we didn't have long waits, either. The AK bus can be the pistol. I don't remember all that share that bus, but it stops at the water park (s) on the AK route and it can be timely, but AK isn't our fave park so we skip it often anyway.

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney :)

We enjoy staying concierge for a lot of reasons! I guess it's personal preference as to what fits your family's needs and if it's worth it to you!:)

Hi all...concierge lounge question..... is it acceptable to say in the am hit the lounge area with the kids and bring some breakfast foods back to the room? My thought was it wouild be nice to be able to habve them sit in the room and snack on some light breakfast food while DH and I get ready. But I am curious about if it is frowned upon to take the concierge lounge food "to go".

thanks !!

Hi all...concierge lounge question..... is it acceptable to say in the am hit the lounge area with the kids and bring some breakfast foods back to the room? My thought was it wouild be nice to be able to habve them sit in the room and snack on some light breakfast food while DH and I get ready. But I am curious about if it is frowned upon to take the concierge lounge food "to go".

thanks !!

Hi! We take back breakfast foods sometimes for whoever is the slowpoke that day( usually me!:rolleyes1 ) It is not frowned upon at all!
We bring our plates back to the lounge and put them on the cart on our way out to the parks! :)

thanks ! My dh is the slow poke in our group so it will help to have the kids fed while he putters ;)

;) I'm so afraid of falling in love with another resort! We are diehard Poly fans, and now after hitting the BC last fall, love it there too! (I must admit, I've always had the GF in the back of my mind though!!) :wizard:

Please, say it isn't so! Did I book our vacation at perhaps the only Disney resort that doesn't serve grilled cheese???

It is the most reliable restaurant food for my picky eater dd at lunches and dinners.

Am I reading the online menus wrong or is it really not available?

Theresa

Please, say it isn't so! Did I book our vacation at perhaps the only Disney resort that doesn't serve grilled cheese???

It is the most reliable restaurant food for my picky eater dd at lunches and dinners.

Am I reading the online menus wrong or is it really not available?

Theresa

Hhmmmm.....not sure where you're reading no grilled cheese, but we were just there last month and they did have it. The GF is great and if it's currently not on the menu I am sure they could whip it up for you. :wizard:

I have a SUPER PICKY DD8 so I understand how you feel!! If your picky eater likes chicken noodle soup, that worked for my DD, too - She LOVED it & it was something different than Mickey Mac and nuggets that is about what she lives on at WDW.:sad2:

Lives4Disney :)

Hhmmmm.....not sure where you're reading no grilled cheese, but we were just there last month and they did have it. The GF is great and if it's currently not on the menu I am sure they could whip it up for you. :wizard:

Thanks, Lives4Disney.

I had been checking the menus at wdwinfo.com and grilled cheese was not listed for any of the GF dining options, not even Gasparilla's.

I found it on the menu for the quick service eateries at the CR and Poly, which will be my back up.

Did you find it at Gasparilla's or at the GF Cafe?

Thanks for the tip about the soup. Doesn't help my dd, but my ds will try it. He's kinda picky too, but he loves soups.

Theresa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter