The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the internet at the GF...

I know they recently went with some Wifi... and I hear it's crappy mostly..

Is there a wired option in the rooms also? I might have to bring my laptop and check in with work, so I thought I'd find out... thanks!

Just thought I'd pop in and share a few photos that I've taken of my neighbor while staying at the Polynesian and while visiting for dinner. I have never stayed at the GF, but it sure is photogenic. :goodvibes

GF01.JPG

GF02.JPG

GF03.JPG

GF04.JPG

GF05.JPG

GF06.JPG

GF07.JPG

Is there a wired option in the rooms also? I might have to bring my laptop and check in with work, so I thought I'd find out... thanks!

No when they got the WIFI up and running they ended the contract for hard wired.

Just thought I'd pop in and share a few photos that I've taken of my neighbor while staying at the Polynesian and while visiting for dinner. I have never stayed at the GF, but it sure is photogenic. :goodvibes

The most beautiful resort on property. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a GF issue. I haven't been able to book the tea room online. And my travel agent hasn't either. She was told there was some sort of system problem, but I'm wondering if any of you have ever just walked up and been seated within a reasonable amount of time? I was so looking forward to tea (in a tea length sundress princess:), and I'm so bummed we haven't been able to reserve... Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the helpful response k&a&c'smom. One more question: Is there a good place currently to sit and watch the Electric Water Parade as it goes by at the GF?

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a GF issue. I haven't been able to book the tea room online. And my travel agent hasn't either. She was told there was some sort of system problem, but I'm wondering if any of you have ever just walked up and been seated within a reasonable amount of time? I was so looking forward to tea (in a tea length sundress princess:), and I'm so bummed we haven't been able to reserve... Thanks for the help!

I have walked up before and have been seated right away, even when the reservation system is showing that the room is fully booked. And then there have been times, where there is nothing available. I don't think I have ever been able to book online, only by calling WDW directly. That might actually be the problem.

Enjoy your afternoon tea! It's lovely. One word of caution: there is a lot of food! I usually just get scones and tea a la carte because I'm a light eater at afternoon tea. Sometimes my sister and I will split one of the offerings because there is enough to go around.

Hi All!

Heading to GF SOON...can't wait! I have a question about cribs/pack n plays - my son will be 8 months and will need one. Does anyone have a picture of the cribs/PNPs so I can decide what is better? I'd prefer a crib I think, but I'd like to see it first. Can you get both, does anyone know?

Holy cow!! I can't believe self park is across the darn street!! I'm surprised they would do that at a deluxe!! I'll have to budget for valet, I don't mind walking but dh has a very physical job and other than the parks I want him to relax!

Thanks for the pics and I agree never enough pics!!

You can pay valet with cash correct?

No when they got the WIFI up and running they ended the contract for hard wired.

Wow - that stinks! I'm surprised, as even when they had high speed internet you could still do dial up if you chose. Many guests would like the option of high speed (wired) internet for security purposes.:confused:

When the online reservations first opened, we still had to call for the tea room. After several months, though, it was added to online reservations and we were able to book it that way a couple times. Have you tried calling?

I have walked up before and have been seated right away, even when the reservation system is showing that the room is fully booked. And then there have been times, where there is nothing available. I don't think I have ever been able to book online, only by calling WDW directly. That might actually be the problem.

Enjoy your afternoon tea! It's lovely. One word of caution: there is a lot of food! I usually just get scones and tea a la carte because I'm a light eater at afternoon tea. Sometimes my sister and I will split one of the offerings because there is enough to go around.

We have had a similar experience. Sometimes we are able to walk up last minute, even if the Tea Room is booked and have been told to wait in the lobby and they will call us if a party fails to show. Other times, we are turned away. Our best success is walking up at opening - 2:00 p.m.

DD and I often do afternoon tea as our lunch, in which case we each order a "service" (e.g. the Buckingham Palace, Grand Tea). Other occasions, we split one, and maybe add a scone or extra pastry, etc.:thumbsup2

You truly do go above and beyond, k&a&c'smom! :goodvibes

guitarob- Thank you for those lovely pictures! I was transported to the GF for a second while scrolling through them.. :cloud9:

Aww, thanks!

guitarob, I want to thank you as well - what beautiful photos! Love your Poly thread, too, you do an excellent job.

Thanks for the helpful response k&a&c'smom. One more question: Is there a good place currently to sit and watch the Electric Water Parade as it goes by at the GF?

The EWP stops in front of Boca Chica, so a good place to watch is the boat dock. We used to watch it while it was at the Poly (it is lighted front and back) from the beach, but that would be more difficult these days. Not impossible, though, you could sit at the Summerhouse landing until the EWP stops at the Poly, and if you can't see from there walk down to what beach is left.

Hi All!

Heading to GF SOON...can't wait! I have a question about cribs/pack n plays - my son will be 8 months and will need one. Does anyone have a picture of the cribs/PNPs so I can decide what is better? I'd prefer a crib I think, but I'd like to see it first. Can you get both, does anyone know?

We've never used either, so I hope someone who has can answer. I know the cribs are not full size, but a small one. I thought I had a photo of the Pack n Play folded up in the closet, but haven't found it. I need to add that to my list, next time I'm in a WDW resort!

Holy cow!! I can't believe self park is across the darn street!! I'm surprised they would do that at a deluxe!! I'll have to budget for valet, I don't mind walking but dh has a very physical job and other than the parks I want him to relax!

The self park used to be the large lot now used by valet. I don't know why they moved it across the street - maybe most guests use valet at the GF and they needed the space.

You can pay in cash, but I wouldn't advise it. Seems like a good way for a mix up, and you would need to save your receipts and check your folio closely to be sure it didn't accidentally get added to the bill, too. I'm not sure what advantage it would provide, but you can do it - just be sure to save the receipts.:flower3:

I'll be budgeting for valet too! I've never used valet at WDW though. Does anybody know if you can call down from your room when you want to leave so that your car is ready for you when you get out there? with 4 kids in tow, I like things that make life easy!

I'll be budgeting for valet too! I've never used valet at WDW though. Does anybody know if you can call down from your room when you want to leave so that your car is ready for you when you get out there? with 4 kids in tow, I like things that make life easy!

Yes, we always do this. At the US resorts, we were able to text - I'm going to check on that next time we are at WDW.:goodvibes ETA: It is helpful if you save the ticket the valet attendant hands you, it has a number on it that corresponds to your name and car keys. Makes it easier for them, and quicker. We love valet for this very reason, we like having our car waiting at the entrance, and cooled off.;)

The pack n play is the same size as the pack n play from grayco that I have at home. Same thing you will see in stores. Not sure about the cribs.

The pack n play is the same size as the pack n play from grayco that I have at home. Same thing you will see in stores. Not sure about the cribs.

Thanks!! Did you find they were in good condition/repair? Did they have the raised portion, or just the full deep frame? Did you bring a fitted sheet for it or did they provide sheets or something?

Anyone staying CL do online check in? Just wondering if you got to still check in at the CL and if it was any faster..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter