• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ (March 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueDeb...WHAT!!!!!! :scared1: I booked a cabana for the whole day for us BUT now with the price increase I dont think we will be doing that....I can sit at the quiet pool for free and get some drink and food over at SL....well thanks for the info!!!!:thumbsup2

ps...look at my ticker gals......:goodvibes

I e-mailed IPO yesterday about booking a cabanna and have just had an e-mail back from them confirming the price of $100 for half a day. We love spending time at the pool but with the new price increase we'll be doing it with out a cabanna. It will be interesting to see if bookings are down and they adjust the price

I would hope so!:goodvibes

Another "to-be-cancelled" cabana renter here. I cannot tell you how excited we were about this when I made the reservation a couple weeks ago - I can't bring myself to tell the kids it's a no go. $100 for 4 hours???????????

Hey GF Gals, I just discovered this and thought I'd share it with you all!

I have a "tip" for the new ADR system.

I called today to change one of my ADRs. The CM said, if you already have an ADR, give me the reservation number. It's easier (faster) to modify an ADR than to start from scratch. She also said there's a lot more pixie dust around when you modify. And she was right! Funny how she KNEW this was going to happen!

She explained that when she checked for availability at the restaurant I wanted, it was showing it was booked. BUT when she entered the system thru my existing ADR to MODIFY it with the new restaurant request, it showed availability! She said I told you you'd be sprinkled with pixie dust this way! :wizard:

So now this new ADR system can modify ADRs. When you want to replace or change something, say you want to MODIFY an ADR.

Hey GF Gals, I just discovered this and thought I'd share it with you all!

I have a "tip" for the new ADR system.

I called today to change one of my ADRs. The CM said, if you already have an ADR, give me the reservation number. It's easier (faster) to modify an ADR than to start from scratch. She also said there's a lot more pixie dust around when you modify. And she was right! Funny how she KNEW this was going to happen!

She explained that when she checked for availability at the restaurant I wanted, it was showing it was booked. BUT when she entered the system thru my existing ADR to MODIFY it with the new restaurant request, it showed availability! She said I told you you'd be sprinkled with pixie dust this way! :wizard:

So now this new ADR system can modify ADRs. When you want to replace or change something, say you want to MODIFY an ADR.

That is excellent news. :cool1:

Thanks for sharing that tip.:surfweb:

*CABANA PRICE ALERT*

Spoke with disney today and the CM that I spoke with told me the NEW cabana prices as of 3/22 are $100 for a half day and $185 for a full day...I asked if you booked before the price change would they honor the old prices and she said they wouldnt...that prices are subjesct to change with out notice....

sorry to be the bearer of bad news fellow cabana fans...:sad2: But Channing did say a while back that she heard that the prices would be changing after the new upgrade...it just took a while for it to happen...:upsidedow

Hi Mickeynut!!!:goodvibes

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup2

Yep, Chan was right because she heard it from the horses mouth at the GF! I was with her and the CM told us that they were still working on figuring out the new pricing so that, and the fact the cabanas were not compete, is most likely why it has taken a while to see the increase take effect.

This doesnt surprise me but its not worth $100 bucks.

Nope, its not! :sad2:

That's a 67% increase!:scared1:

I was totally planning on booking one for Sept, but now I'm not so sure? $60 really did sound reasonable for 4 hours, and perhaps some sort of increase was justifiable. But 67% ?!?!?:sad2:

Reminds me of the overnight price increase of the strollers last April...... they jumped a whopping 50% overnight! Don't you just love Disney's idea of a "price increase" :sad2:

Thanks Mare for the Dining Tip!!

Dawn- Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! It's getting so close!!! You are going to have a blast!!!

To all the GF connected, is there anyway to find out what happens to the cabana bookings now that the price increase is out?? It will be interesting to see if they do stay empty or if it will just be easier to get a walk up now...

I just called to cancel my cabanna and the CM did not know about the price increase but was shocked to see it and he DID confirm it is not the rate you booked at but the new rate of $100 per half day and $185 for full day. He was a bit cocky at first when I said I herd it on a website but then I also said some of these people have talked to IPO and confirmed it he changed his tune. So boohoo my cabanna is cancelled. I can think of alot better ways to spend $100 plus tip.

I did think he seemed a little shocked that Disney didnt call me to inform me. He did imply this was bad customer service. He also said I should ask for a print out of my reservations when I check in to make sure there is no error that it was indeed cancelled.

I am so bummed about the new cabana price increase. I booked two 1/2 days for my trip in May. I think we may keep one of them because it was the ONLY thing my DH asked for on this trip. :sad2: I don't need an attendant to get me drinks and my kids are old enough (13 and 11) that they don't need anyone to "play" with them. What else does the attendant do for you? Does seem like a big increase for basically the same thing people used to get for $60.00. :confused3 I really wish that they would honor the price that was quoted to people when they gave their credit cards.

Loralie

To all the GF connected, is there anyway to find out what happens to the cabana bookings now that the price increase is out?? It will be interesting to see if they do stay empty or if it will just be easier to get a walk up now...

I think since they upgraded all four cabanas they did away with the two "free" cabanas.

I doubt they'll offer walk-ups a discounted rate. It would be nice.

Is smoking allowed at the pools??:headache:

I believe smoking anywhere on WDW property is permitted in designated areas only.

He also said I should ask for a print out of my reservations when I check in to make sure there is no error that it was indeed cancelled.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to do that when we checkin! :thumbsup2

What else does the attendant do for you? Does seem like a big increase for basically the same thing people used to get for $60.00. :confused3

Well, when we rented the cabana for one full day last June, I liked having the attendant there for me. I was alone with a 4yo and 1yo. DH went to do the Richard Petty Driving thing. I liked knowing that just in case I needed any help she'd be there. I didn't really need her like I thought I would, but it was nice having her around.

I do agree with Kristin that all the upgrades to the cabana do somewhat justify the price increase. They have new furniture, DVD/TVs (DVDs available free upon request), fans, etc... They were nice last year, so I can only imagine how nice they must be now.

It's just not worth the money to me this trip. We have the waterpark passes. I'd rather just use those this trip. We've never brought the boys to the waterparks before and they're just dying to go. I feel bad DH never got to enjoy the cabana last year, but there's always next trip :goodvibes

Hi everyone, I haven't been around for a couple of weeks, but my trip is coming up soon and I'm trying to catch up with this thread.

Tinklvr :woohoo: You are really getting close now. Have a great trip.

goofygal, Thanks for the dining tip. I'll make sure I have my confirmation number if I have to make any changes.

That is crazy about the cabana's. I wonder if they will lower the price if everyone cancels. Maybe they upgraded them too much.

Do you think that those who have cabanas rented will be notified of the price increase, or will they be shocked to learn about it when they show up and are presented with the bill?
I'm hoping that enough people cancel out and send a loud message by doing so!! I want to book one, but will not for $100!!

We always thought the $60 was a bargain honestly.

Yeah I thought that was a fantastic rate too. But almost double price increase is just way to much for me to swallow. With a tip it would cost more for the cabanna than to upgrade to a waterpark ticket for the whole family. That is why I just cant justify the cost. It really sucks :rotfl:

Thanks all!!! We are leaving on Friday for a stay at the Swan, then heading over to GF checking into SL!!!!!:goodvibes This will be a relaxing trip for my mom!:cloud9:

Welcome to the Dis...Veruca:cheer2: This is a great group of gals for tips and talks on the GF! :thumbsup2

Maxie...you are getting close too!!!

I am bummed about the cabanas...oh well quiet pool is just as good!!! :goodvibes

....I doubt they'll offer walk-ups a discounted rate. It would be nice......

We had a cabana over at the Hard Rock and they offered discounts to club floor guests, that's probably about all we could hope for

I know!! I hear what you are saying. It was a bargain for $60. BUT $100 is overstepping it. I agree. Plus you figure tip and you are talking too much money.

grannieminnie, I would not be surprised if people get the new bill on rental day.

Veruca

I Totally Agree! I know it was way overstepping to me. It did remind me of the whole stroller increase thing and they didnt warn anyone; even the online prices were not changed for quite some time. I bought a compact PegPerego stroller on Ebay for less than the rental cost before I left last time. I wouldnt be surprised either if you found out on rental day how much it was. Looks like we get a week pass for the waterparks and Disney Quest instead. I am sure my oldest son (oops I mean DH) will be happy with that. :rotfl:

I am so bummed about the new cabana price increase. I booked two 1/2 days for my trip in May. I really wish that they would honor the price that was quoted to people when they gave their credit cards.
Loralie

I feel the same way. We have one booked for a 1/2 day in May also - not sure if we're going to keep it or not. I know a PP mentioned the "Prices are subject to change......" statement , but I can tell you that the CM I spoke w/ when I made the reservation didn't mention anything of the sort and it's not like I signed an agreement w/ that stated............so I too think the price quoted should be honored. So is the plan to let us know of the increase when we walk up to the cabana???? Sorry, just very disappointed at the lack of Disney customer service. :sad2:

Congrats on the new thread!!!

Does anyone know where I can find the floor plan and pictures of a 1bd suite in Sugar Loaf? My reservation says, Outer lodge, 1 bd club level, so I'm thinking this means Sugar Loaf. Thanks!!!

Another question-do all of the Sugar Loaf rooms have a balcony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter