The New and Updated Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread for 2008 --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a vacation scheduled for Dec. 1-5. We were able to get more convenient flights by coming in on the 30th of November, so we booked one night at POR, then we transfer over to the Wilderness Lodge for the rest of the trip. I didn't think at the time to request a particular view or room, since we'll only be there one night. We're traveling with our two daughters (5 and 4) and our son (1). I was told we'd have two double beds and a kids bed. Is that the trundle, do you think?

We have a vacation scheduled for Dec. 1-5. We were able to get more convenient flights by coming in on the 30th of November, so we booked one night at POR, then we transfer over to the Wilderness Lodge for the rest of the trip. I didn't think at the time to request a particular view or room, since we'll only be there one night. We're traveling with our two daughters (5 and 4) and our son (1). I was told we'd have two double beds and a kids bed. Is that the trundle, do you think?

Yes, the kids bed is usually the trundle.
If AB is full, they may provide a cot in the mansions.

7 days until POR :cool1: in exactly one week ill be sitting here at work counting down the hours until im standing at the checking counter with my boyfriends confused look on his face probably still trying to figure out why all the photos ive been sending him dont look anything like the hotel ( he thinks we are at POP)
ok on to my question...i really really really am hoping for a mansion room. i requested it on my ressie--however probably due to being on a cell phone and a really strong boston accident mansion turned into manchant.
i want to fax over a request, but the only time i have access to a fax machine is at work, meaning i can only send one in on friday or monday. which do you think has a better chance of getting looked at and not getting put in a folder for later..im thinking monday? anyone have any thoughts? i know its a request only and they may not even look at the fax at all...but i can hope for some pixie dust hahaha :lmao: im hoping for a lot of pixie dust now because of that unnamed storm brewing out off the coast of africa :sad2:

Teddygurl28,
If you there are just the two of you, you can ask at check in about a mansion room.
Since the bayou section has the trundle beds, they are usually for larger parties, so you probably won't have an issue.
We'll be checking in two days after you!
We'll be flying out of Manchester instead of Logan this year.

We will be at POR in 3 days, Yeah!

Does anyone know if there are special pool activies? I have read about, contests, giant movie screens, and bingo games at All Star movies.

This is to answer someone else's question. We stayed at POR in August of 2006, we got the outskirts of Ernesto come through Orlando. I remember at night the wind howling and lots of heavy downpours. We went to Epcot during the day, besides all the rain the temperature was mild and the park was empty.

Thanks so much! I've never flown out of Manchester-looked into this year for SW, but JB prices were just amazing when i booked--so Logan it is..Leaving work from downtown Boston so its just as easy anyways! Enjoy your time and lets hope for nice weather!!!!

We will be at POR in 3 days, Yeah!

Does anyone know if there are special pool activies? I have read about, contests, giant movie screens, and bingo games at All Star movies.

This is to answer someone else's question. We stayed at POR in August of 2006, we got the outskirts of Ernesto come through Orlando. I remember at night the wind howling and lots of heavy downpours. We went to Epcot during the day, besides all the rain the temperature was mild and the park was empty.

Thanks so much! I've never flown out of Manchester-looked into this year for SW, but JB prices were just amazing when i booked--so Logan it is..Leaving work from downtown Boston so its just as easy anyways! Enjoy your time and lets hope for nice weather!!!!

I hope both of you have wonderful and safe trips and may you have beautiful weather. :tink:

Is anyone at POR now? I am wondering how it is with Fay? :scared1: I am quite nervous..really..with Fay just sitting over Florida! :scared1:

Is anyone at POR now? I am wondering how it is with Fay? :scared1: I am quite nervous..really..with Fay just sitting over Florida! :scared1:

I know. I leave for Disney on Saturday, and I am quite nervous about the weather. Looking into it though, it looks like its going to rain all day Saturday (yay) and then after that it will exhibit typical Florida weather this time of year, you have pretty decent weather most of the day except for a few thunderstorms around the afternoon. Now, whether that's going to stay true or not, I have no idea. But I can hope!

This may be a stupid question but do they have the Mickey shape waffles at the food court or Boatwright? We don't have any ADR's planned for breakfast but would love to eat at the food court or Boatwright to get some of those Mickey waffles.

I'm at POR right now.

Fay is making it wet and windy, but not too bad otherwise. Got some good park time in over the last couple of days, even if we needed ponchos much of the time.

I've got a live webcam stream running from building 14 for parts of the day on www.ustream.tv/channel/port-orleans-live at the moment, which should give you some idea.

Andre

This may be a stupid question but do they have the Mickey shape waffles at the food court or Boatwright? We don't have any ADR's planned for breakfast but would love to eat at the food court or Boatwright to get some of those Mickey waffles.

Yes you can get them there :)

I'm at POR right now.

Fay is making it wet and windy, but not too bad otherwise. Got some good park time in over the last couple of days, even if we needed ponchos much of the time.

I've got a live webcam stream running from building 14 for parts of the day on www.ustream.tv/channel/port-orleans-live at the moment, which should give you some idea.

Andre

Thanks Andre - that is just too cool to see POR live! Hope you are having a wonderful trip!

Andre, thanks for the cam. It is wonderful to see my favorite resort live, especially when I don't know when we'll get there again!

I'm at POR right now.

Andre

Hi Andre! I hope Fay isn't putting too much of a damper on your vacation. Sounds like you aren't letting it keep you from enjoying yourself. Good for you. I hope after Fay finally passes, you have beautiful weather.

Thanks for the live cam. It is helping to build the excitement for my trip. 2 more weeks and here I come.:banana: :yay: :dance3:

Keep us updated when you can. May the rest of your vacation be fantastic. :goodvibes

Any tips for us traveling with our 8 month old daughter?

We'll be heading there a week from Tuesday 9/2!

Hi Andre! I hope Fay isn't putting too much of a damper on your vacation. Sounds like you aren't letting it keep you from enjoying yourself. Good for you. I hope after Fay finally passes, you have beautiful weather.

Thanks for the live cam. It is helping to build the excitement for my trip. 2 more weeks and here I come.:banana: :yay: :dance3:

Keep us updated when you can. May the rest of your vacation be fantastic. :goodvibes

Fay eventually headed away, but it took several days as other threads have noted. Weather was much better afterwards, with many days not even having the standard afternoon shower.

Glad you all enjoyed the cam - I wasn't sure how feasible, or useful, it would be from a moderate room (given the shared public walkway outside the rooms) but it worked very well indeed. I'll link up some recordings from my website soon.

Hope you have a great time in two days. Let me know if they've finished the re-roofing of the food court.

Andre

How close are POR and POFQ? If we wanted to stay at Riverside, but wanted to have breakfast at French Quarter, is it a big hassle?

How close are POR and POFQ? If we wanted to stay at Riverside, but wanted to have breakfast at French Quarter, is it a big hassle?

It took us maybe 5 -7 minutes to walk from POR to FQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter