The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Teena! That is exactly what I needed to know. No sense wasting a request on a balcony if I get one! :) Would you mind telling me though the bedding configuration there? Seems like BC is more confusing with murphy bed, easy chairs, double beds, etc. Is YC more "standard" in terms of amply supply of queen beds or could I get stuck with a King and a daybed if I don't specify queens? Party of 3. Thank you!

We'll be at BCV in a couple of weeks and have two separate reservations -- my mom and our family -- for 2 studios.

I wondered if anyone has any experience or success stories in getting studios next to or near one another. I realizes requests are just that, but I wondered if it was a difficult one to fulfill.

My DH and I stayed in BCV #316 last year and loved the location. Hoping to have a little luck and get another great location for all of us this year without having to go between floors.

Thanks for any help.

Teena -- can you help answer this for me?

Thank you Teena! That is exactly what I needed to know. No sense wasting a request on a balcony if I get one! :) Would you mind telling me though the bedding configuration there? Seems like BC is more confusing with murphy bed, easy chairs, double beds, etc. Is YC more "standard" in terms of amply supply of queen beds or could I get stuck with a King and a daybed if I don't specify queens? Party of 3. Thank you!

Anything is possible at the YC too but the majority of the rooms have two queens which is what you want, correct? So, yes, it's a possibility that you could get a different configuration but at check-in just tell them you need two queens. Absolutely worse worse worse case scenario would be that you'd get a strange configuration and the resort was totally sold out and might not be able to room change you that day to two queens but the next day it would probably be available. Honestly, I'm a worry-wart big time and if I were you, I wouldn't give it another thought.

Teena -- can you help answer this for me?

I'm going to be totally honest here. The BCV is almost always 100% sold out. If not 100%, then 99%! It's also a very small resort compared to most of the other vacation club resorts. The chances of two rooms close to each other or next to each other both being vacated on the day you check-in is slim, especially in a certain location. Most people are lucky to get the rooms in the same wing or the same floor. However, that being said, as long as it is noted on the reservation, our room assignors will try their darnest to make it happen. Since you are arriving soon, you can certainly call the resort today and ask to speak to the room assignor and ask them to try and get you together. Looking forward to meeting you soon!!!

Teenas ~ it will be our first time staying at BCV's in a studio. We have never even been to BC resort! Are there any special studio rooms or views I should request?

Thanks! :lovestruc

Teenas ~ it will be our first time staying at BCV's in a studio. We have never even been to BC resort! Are there any special studio rooms or views I should request?

Thanks! :lovestruc

The BCV is not a huge building. It would all depend on what you want. Some people don't like the ground floor. Some like to be close to the elevators thus closer to the BC and SAB and the buses, some like to be far away from the elevators and thus have less traffic (and noise) in front of their door at all hours. Personally the view isn't anything I care about since the only time I'm in the room is when I'm changing clothes, showering or sleeping and the curtains are drawn. If I'm spending time at the resort, it's at the pool and not in the room so I would always request a room close to the entrance (in this case, elevators). I can sleep anywhere so people making noise going back and forth in front of the doorway wouldn't bother me. So you should decide what would make you the happiest and put in a request for that, keeping in mind no request is guaranteed.

The BCV is not a huge building. It would all depend on what you want. Some people don't like the ground floor. Some like to be close to the elevators thus closer to the BC and SAB and the buses, some like to be far away from the elevators and thus have less traffic (and noise) in front of their door at all hours. Personally the view isn't anything I care about since the only time I'm in the room is when I'm changing clothes, showering or sleeping and the curtains are drawn. If I'm spending time at the resort, it's at the pool and not in the room so I would always request a room close to the entrance (in this case, elevators). I can sleep anywhere so people making noise going back and forth in front of the doorway wouldn't bother me. So you should decide what would make you the happiest and put in a request for that, keeping in mind no request is guaranteed.

Thanks ~ I just thought I would ask. I will probably do what I always do & cross my fingers & just let the magic happen. :wizard:

Guessing no on this one but during the refurb at either hotel last year (BC), this year YC has the lounge grown in size? Biggest complaint on YC is small lounge, shuts down between services and no staff in the room like there is at BWI. Still true even after rehab?

Guessing no on this one but during the refurb at either hotel last year (BC), this year YC has the lounge grown in size? Biggest complaint on YC is small lounge, shuts down between services and no staff in the room like there is at BWI. Still true even after rehab?

As far as I am aware, the lounge size is the same at the YC after rehab. The BC lounge has not been rehabed yet and is scheduled to go down soon (August) at which time the size will increase. There are plenty of recent CL guests on this thread that can answer your questions about no staffing. There is staff up there during the opening hours in the lounge so I'm not sure what you are referring to. Also, you are correct that the lounge does shut down in between the different services.

Teena, or any other YC/BC fans, I'd be interested to hear comparisons between BC & YC club levels. I last stayed at YC CL in 2006 and am considering a return next year (water view club level room), however, I really like the look of the BC rooms, they look so pretty and inviting.

If the lounge at the BC is going to be made larger than that may swing my decision, but I'd appreciate some honest opinions please.

Thanks

Clare - Melissa again from the BWI thread...What do you think of the new YC rooms? I am not that impressed. Although while BWI rooms were lovely the old fashion victorian look is not really my theme but I absolutely still adored it. MAybe I will feel that way about YC? Did you like YC or BWI better? I am so torn between BC and YC but afraid too many if factors are involved with BC - need queens, need baloncies, etc. I just really like the "look" of BC decor better. what do you think?

Clare - Melissa again from the BWI thread...What do you think of the new YC rooms? I am not that impressed. Although while BWI rooms were lovely the old fashion victorian look is not really my theme but I absolutely still adored it. MAybe I will feel that way about YC? Did you like YC or BWI better? I am so torn between BC and YC but afraid too many if factors are involved with BC - need queens, need baloncies, etc. I just really like the "look" of BC decor better. what do you think?

Hi Melissa :) TBH I'm not so sure re. the new YC rooms (I liked the old ones), I was kind of hoping they would be like the new BWI rooms (or the BC rooms), I think the new BWI rooms are gorgeous. I really enjoyed staying at the YC, it's a wonderful resort and what I like particularly is that if you're staying CL and you have a water/lagoon view room booked then that is what you'll get - the thing that bugs me at the BWI is that you can't guarantee what view you'll get if staying CL, very few CL rooms overlook the boardwalk in comparison to those that overlook the gardens, and then of course there are the really not so good room views (i.e. that horrible back of ESPN view). Also, the YC has a dedicated club level floor which you can only access by putting your little gold key into the lift - at BWI sometimes the rooms allocated are outside the club level area.

I'm really keen to see what the BC new extended lounge looks like - I just love those rooms, they are beautiful.

Excellent points on BWI. I think I do want to try something fresh, Clare. Have you stayed BC before? Do you find it hectic in the lobby? That is what turns me off a little that it seems crazy in the lobby and I think of NOISE while I view YC as a quieter place. We have a DD9 who is an angel. She doesn't like commotion anymore than her mother! :) We plan to walk to Epcot and DHS a lot so either BC or YC would serve our needs but for this trip, I don't think I can swing club level. So sad!!! A CRAZY part of me thinks YC is less booked than BC hence the chance of an upgrade is better...just my perception, who knows! But no balcony promise at BC standard....UGH. Decisions! If you stayed at BC and YC, which seems more like BWI to you, Clare?

I've only stayed at the YC Melissa, and I didn't think it was anything like the BWI, I felt it was 'quieter', the reason I chose the YC was the balcony issue. I've never stayed at the BC but I must admit every time I've been in the lobby it's been busier than YC. I'd like to try the BC just so then I have stayed at the 3 resorts, but I'm not sure lol

Thanks so much. I'll be there in the lobby on the 13th!! If your daughter is not there with you when you check in, she will need to show up at the Front Desk sometime within 5 days before your arrival date and show her ID.

See you soon!

Thanks Teena. I will look for you. DD is off the day we check in. I am hoping that she goes ahead and moves in. We wont arrive until the afternoon. Its about a 500 mile trip from our house.

THanks Clare! That is what I am thinking, YC just seems quieter. Based on YC vs BC would you chose YC for a quieter setting and did you like it as much as BWI?

THanks Clare! That is what I am thinking, YC just seems quieter. Based on YC vs BC would you chose YC for a quieter setting and did you like it as much as BWI?

I did feel that YC was quieter, even though I've not stayed at the BC lol

I really enjoyed the YC, we had an amazing room looking directly out to the lighthouse and the boardwalk. The CMs were fantastic and the resort had a very relaxing feel. I like both the YC and BWI for different reasons - the BWI is smaller and it has a more 'personal' feel, but that's just my opinion of course, I also love the new decor. Also, I felt the food offerings in the BWI club lounge were superior to those at the YC, that's not saying YC's food offerings were not good, it's just I felt the BWI's were 'better', also BWI CMs kept things topped up quicker (and there was more room around the food serving area). If I could pay to guarantee a boardwalk view club level I'd be back like a shot, but if I want a decent view I think I'm going to go for the YC.

Teena - Welcome back!!! :)

Love the new rooms pics, I really do think the bed scarfs will tie in the decor. Will be interested to see them!

I got it now, Claire. I would try YC or BC too for the view you love! :) I am sticking with YC. I hope those refurb rooms grow on me...I bet they do!

Hi. Jeanne absolutely loves the 12 month school schedule. Her students (second grade) are mostly from non-english speaking families and she finds not being gone three months at a time helps alot with not forgetting everything they learned. The breaks all depend on what track you teach. The past two years she has been track 2. She would have off 3 weeks in September, three weeks in January/February and three weeks in May. Then of course the whole school is off over the winter holiday break and the spring break. She has about 10 days in between losing her present students and getting the new ones in August. Next year they are giving her track 5. Since her family is so far away, they wanted to give her a longer holiday break and track 5 gives you that. They felt she could spend more time at home with her family. So, she starts her new class the end of August and then when the school goes down for the four days at Thanksgiving, she is off then and doesn't return until January 4th. Then she has off 3 weeks in March and then the last 3 weeks in July and doesn't go back until starting the new class in August.

As far as your room request, yes, they have waterview rooms with two queens and a daybed. I would just call back and put your request in for a daybed. Keep in mind though that those rooms will go to parties of 5 first and if there are any left over, of course, then they go to people that have parties of 4 or less and have requested a daybed.

I will be working some in August. I'm only part-time and my days are Sundays and Mondays but they have been asking me to do some Tuesdays too (and this month they have asked me for Tuesdays and Saturdays extra). I'll definitely be working August 2nd and 3rd, 9th and 10th and 16th and 17th and maybe some Tuesdays too. I leave to help Jeanne in school on August 18th and won't be back to work until August 30th. I hope I get to meet you too!!

Hi Teena,
Thanks for the advice about the beds. I will call back to put in the request. I know you said there are YC water view rooms with 2 queens and a daybed... is that true on the Club level floor too?

Your daughter's school schedule sounds great. I totally understand about the students being able to retain what they've learned over the summer. With our learning support students, we have to make the decision if they qualify for "Extended School Year". I'm worried about a couple of my students this year. The picture of your daughter's class and you is cute.

It looks like I'll be able to meet you on Sun. Aug. 9th based on your schedule. That is our day to relax a bit more and hang out by Stormalong Bay. What times are you usually in the lobby?

Hope you enjoy the 4th of July weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter