The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

Well, I think this will be my last "official" installment (as in having a chapter number and a link in my first post and all of that fanfare) before we leave. Although I know I'll check in here up until we head out the door.

But, before I say anything else, let me say this:

48 hours from now, I should be arriving on-property!!!

:woohoo:

Little by little, we've been getting things ready. Even Judy, who's having quite a week trying to get everything squared-away at school (creating Finals, reviewing for Finals, administering Finals, grading Finals, submitting grades, creating a weeks' worth of stuff for the substitute to do with the kids next week, and packing up her room) has packed a little bit. She even made a quick run to a store last night to get.....shoes. Some new sneakers. Sorry, but I will not post a picture. Maybe you'll see them make an appearance in the TR.

I've had clothes packed for a few days, and lately have been getting some other tasks done. For a while I've had a little anxiety that I'd forget some really important things, like our annual passes. :scared1: But they were in a safe place, and I knew where they were, so I told myself not to touch them yet. I was afraid I'd make things worse if I put them with things being packed and then forgot where I put them or something. So, last night I couldn't take it anymore and I cleared some stuff out of my wallet that I won't need for the next few weeks and I'm now carrying our passes and my Tables in Wonderland card and our DVC cards in my wallet. I feel better now.

Here's the final version (I hope!) of my Master Plan spreadsheet.

DisneyPlanandPackingList20106_10_10.jpg

The big news here is that the PChef exclusive event on Tuesday evening, which was going to be held at Animal Kingdom, has been moved to DHS, the same as it was back in 2005. I'm a little disappointed in that -- I wanted to see the Animal Kingdom at night, and I was curious what areas and rides they'd have open for an exclusive event at night. Plus, we've already done DHS (although we didn't get a lot of rides in on that particular night :rolleyes:). But on the other hand, AK doesn't have a lot of rides, so I'm not sure how it would have gone over. But why didn't they just plan it that way in the first place? :confused3

I did get an unexpected upgrade to my Flashback '05 TR recently. I was talking to Lauren about Star Wars Weekends and she said, "Dad, do you remember when James was getting his 'Jedi Training', and when he fought Darth Vader he just started swinging his light saber all over, not following the 'choreography' that the trainer had given us? The trainer said 'Whoa -- he's freestylin'." I didn't remember that. I may have been too busy trying to take pictures...I may not have even heard it. But that may explain why I got more pictures of him, and why he dropped his light saber.

So, like I said, I'll be checking-in here and posting for the next couple of days. While we're in Disney I'll try to get on here via my cell phone, but reading is a whole lot easier than posting, so we'll see how that goes.

But.....it's gonna be great! :banana:

Link to next chapter

Wow Glenn, looks like a busy week! I know you are all getting very excited with your trip so close. Have a great time my friend and tell everyone I said hello. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

In case I don't get to post again before you leave: Have a fantastic trip!!!!!

And I know what you mean about posting from a cell phone, which is what I am doing right now...

I hope you have a great time! Maybe you'll bump into Bubba since she'll be there at the same time. Can't believe your trip is finally here.

BBC World is the most respectable news out there right now. Not saying I don't appreciate the odd "light-hearted" report, it at least gives you the facts with no bullpoop. I agree it's depressing right now. That's why a trip to Disney is so refreshing!

I've never checked-out BBC World. I suppose it's TV and internet; the whole schmeer? I probably get it on a channel I've never looked at, no doubt.

Wow Glenn, looks like a busy week! I know you are all getting very excited with your trip so close. Have a great time my friend and tell everyone I said hello. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Thanks!

When you say "tell everyone I said hello", I hope you mean everyone in my family. :grouphug: 'Cause if you meant everyone at Disney, I'm going to be exhausted. There's like a million people there. :crowded:

;)

Wowza! That is such a cool story! I guess it was meant to be. I do hope they are planning a trip to WDW for their honeymoon:goodvibes

Glad you liked it!

Man, I can't believe your trip is here already! I love that last week before you leave, the excitement building everyday. Think you might post some live photos via phone? I have no idea how to do that, but I see others do it all the time.;)

I remember Jordan/Winkers/BlueyedGirl/Rosie doing that back in February, but I think they sent them to someone to post for them. I don't think I could do it directly from my phone. If I could, I would!

Have a great trip! :banana:

Thank you!

In case I don't get to post again before you leave: Have a fantastic trip!!!!!

And I know what you mean about posting from a cell phone, which is what I am doing right now...

Danka! Hey, you did all right from your phone. I tried doing that once and lost my whole post when I tried to add a smiley :) right before I hit "Submit Reply". :headache:

"Whoa -- he's freestylin'" :rotfl2: Love it!

Congrats - you're almost there! :yay:

Just a few more hurdles to um, hurdle.

I hope you have a great time! Maybe you'll bump into Bubba since she'll be there at the same time. Can't believe your trip is finally here.

That's right! I forgot that she'll be there. I'll keep an eye out for her. :magnify: How do you think she'll react if some guy (ie. me) comes running up to her yelling "Bubba!!" :eek:

That's right! I forgot that she'll be there. I'll keep an eye out for her. :magnify: How do you think she'll react if some guy (ie. me) comes running up to her yelling "Bubba!!" :eek:

Just tell her you know her sister, Jen. She'll know right away that you know me if you're calling her Bubba :laughing: If you don't cross paths, we'll be seeing in at the end of August :thumbsup2

I worked in the Gaithersburg/Rockville area a couple of decades ago.

If you see me around the resort next week, make sure you say "hi".

I'll be the one surrounded by boys! :rotfl: I looked at your schedule...we'll be at the Boardwalk on Wed. for Welcome Home Wed's. Maybe we'll see you then! Safe travels!:goodvibes

Just tell her you know her sister, Jen. She'll know right away that you know me if you're calling her Bubba :laughing: If you don't cross paths, we'll be seeing in at the end of August :thumbsup2

I imagine so. That'd be a little too coincidental for a complete stranger to call her. I may be strange :crazy:, but don't call me a stranger.

I'll be the one surrounded by boys! :rotfl: I looked at your schedule...we'll be at the Boardwalk on Wed. for Welcome Home Wed's. Maybe we'll see you then! Safe travels!:goodvibes

Okay, gotcha. I'd like to do the Welcome Home Wednesday thing because we haven't done it yet, but that's the day we move to Kidani. We'll be at MK in the morning, then lunch at Wilderness Lodge. We could go from there over to the Boardwalk, but I've got a feeling that by that point in the day we'll want to go and get checked-in, unpack and probably hit the pool.

Oh nuts. I meant to put a blurb in my last update about the weather forecast, but forgot.
smiley_weatherrain.gif

Well anyway, I checked the extended forecast on weather.com and it looks like we'll have quite a variation in weather:

Some days say "isolated thunderstorms"
Other days say "scattered thunderstorms"
And one day says "pm thunderstorms"

So there you go.

rain.gif

Oh thunderstorms are usually in the forecast like every day there in the summer. Hopefully, they will only be short ones that don't last very long. They usually scare some people out of the parks! :laughing:

Have the time of your lives Glennbo Family!! Enjoy every moment, live for the day, eat a lot of Dole Whips and say hi to Mickey!!

Hi Glennbo, I wish you a safe journey and a great stay, I'm looking forward to your TR!

Thanks!

When you say "tell everyone I said hello", I hope you mean everyone in my family. :grouphug: 'Cause if you meant everyone at Disney, I'm going to be exhausted. There's like a million people there. :crowded:

C'mon Glenn, that would be ridiculous. After all, it is a vacation. Yes, I meant family......and Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Buzz and Woody, all the princesses (give them a hug for me; tell Judy you had to do it cause I asked), all the CMs at Kidani, the Yeti, Aerosmith before they board that limo, and........... :rolleyes1

Where did the time go? I can't believe you are almost ready to go!

Judy bought sneakers a few days before the trip. I do hope she brings her old ones because they should be broken in. I have been wearing my new ones so hopefully they will be comfortable for all day walking.

If you can't use the PC tickets see if you can give them to someone that hasn't purchased tickets yet that you see standing in line or going to get on the line. Wouldn't that make someones day.

Have a great trip as I know that you will.

Oh thunderstorms are usually in the forecast like every day there in the summer. Hopefully, they will only be short ones that don't last very long. They usually scare some people out of the parks! :laughing:

Oh I know. I hope they're the ones that just pass on by. I love it when the parks clear out due to a passing storm. (Passing being the key word.)

Have the time of your lives Glennbo Family!! Enjoy every moment, live for the day, eat a lot of Dole Whips and say hi to Mickey!!

Thank you! We'll try our darndest.

Hi Glennbo, I wish you a safe journey and a great stay, I'm looking forward to your TR!

Thank you Katharina.

C'mon Glenn, that would be ridiculous. After all, it is a vacation. Yes, I meant family......and Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Buzz and Woody, all the princesses (give them a hug for me; tell Judy you had to do it cause I asked), all the CMs at Kidani, the Yeti, Aerosmith before they board that limo, and........... :rolleyes1

Yes, they are like family aren't they? I'll even tip the maids a little extra and tell them it's from you. You'll reimburse me, right?

Where did the time go? I can't believe you are almost ready to go!

Well I checked-in online for our flights, so that must mean something!

This evening I've gotta mow the lawn, get the dog to the people who're going to watch him while we're gone, and help Judy bring stuff home from her classroom. Getting down to last-day stuff!

Judy bought sneakers a few days before the trip. I do hope she brings her old ones because they should be broken in. I have been wearing my new ones so hopefully they will be comfortable for all day walking.

If you can't use the PC tickets see if you can give them to someone that hasn't purchased tickets yet that you see standing in line or going to get on the line. Wouldn't that make someones day.

Have a great trip as I know that you will.

Ooo yeah, I hope new shoes won't be a problem. Ay carumba.

Regarding the tickets, I'll have to find out if they're even transferable. Judy's sister and son may come to see us, so they could use a couple of them. But....I have one more idea :idea: that I plan to try if I can't use them. I'll save it for the TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter