The "mmm...I REALLY got my CS $ worth" thread

camdensmom

DIS Veteran
I know I've seen some people metion that @ Cosmic Rays you can get chicken, potato, veg as a CS meal. We have decided to do the dining plan b/c we otherwise find ourselves eating WAY too many chicken finger and fries plates. So with that being said I thought it would be fun to keep an organized list of counter service meals that you really felt were quality or extra yummy or just ranked high in your opinion: Feel free to cut and paste into your reply for all meals you enjoyed:

NAME of RESTAURANT:
FOR DESSERT I HAD...

Come on...make me hungry ;)

Name of restaurant: Tangierine Cafe
Meal Included: Lamb Swharma Sandwich
Dessert: Any of the yummy pastries

We also want to try the lamb platter and we have had one person choose the Mediterranean wrap with couscous and lentil salad. I have also seen many of the meatball platters being ordered. It is our favorite cs at Epcot.

NAME of RESTAURANT: Flame Tree BBQ
MEAL INCLUDED: 1/2 slab of BBQ ribs, baked beans, corn
FOR DESSERT I HAD: chocolate cake

To me the ribs were sit down restuarant quality and the portions were generous.

Last year, I got the ribs/chicken combo at Cosmic Rays and it was very good, IMO. Maybe not Flame Tree, but if you're in the MK, its a great deal on the DP. I love the chocolate cake too!

NAME of RESTAURANT: Pinocchio Village Haus
LOCATION: Magic Kingdom, restaurant overlooks "It's a Small World" ride boarding area
MEAL INCLUDED:Grilled Turkey and Bacon Panini - smoked turkey, bacon, roasted red peppers, tomato basil on muli-grain bread, served with chips $7.19
FOR DESSERT I HAD... cannoli $2.29

I had never eaten here before and tried it last October. It was very tasty.

NAME of RESTAURANT: Pecos Bill Cafe
MEAL INCLUDED: burgers, fries, lots and lots of toppings

We didn't have dessert, but the meal was so large it filled us up right away!

On the meal plan eh.

NAME of RESTAURANT:
FOR DESSERT I HAD...

Name: Cosmic Rays
Meal: 1/2 chicken and ribs combo. Normally priced at $13.89 The ribs were really good. The chicken was good but nothing to write home about. My son ate most of the chicken because he didn't want a kid's meal. And I got mashed potatoes and greenbeens with it.
Desert: Ii had the sugar free brownie. 2.49 I forgot they were sugar free. But it was still ok.
Drink. Iced tea 2.29
Grand total of!!! $19.88 worth of food.

Is there a rumbly in your tumbly?

This one was way too much food though and would get the ribs only next time unless my son wants "real chicken instead of fingers" again. But if you're coming up short at the end on counters, this is a good one to get because it will feed 2.

Name: Flame Tree BBQ.
Location. AK, as you head toward Asia.
Meal: 1/2 slab of ribs. with Baked Beans and corn: 8.49
Delicious. Some of the best ribs we had all week.
Desert: Frozen Lemonade. 2.99
Drink. Bottled water 2.00
Total of!!! $14.36 worth of food.

Drooling on your keyboard yet?

Name: Tangierine Cafe
Location. Epcot, Morocco
Meal Chicken and Lamb Shwirma plater, with couscous, hummus, and tabbouleh. Yummmmm. 10.49
Desert. Backlava (only desert available on meal plan 2.49
Drink. Lemonade 2.45
Total of!!! 16.43 worth of food.
Do yourself a favor. Come here and don't bother with the sit down place. The food was better here. This was a lot of food. We had a signiture meal in our trip so we had to save up some counters out for the last day. This place was a great place to do that as one of these could feed me plus my son.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry.

Name: Everything Pop food court.
Location. Pop Century resort
Meal: Chicken Mediteranean oven fired flatbread. 7.19
This was soooo good and it was piled high. It could feed two of us to be honest.
Desert Chocolate Marshmallow Cheescake. Oh that was melt in your mouth delicious (Note: The tie Die one was :crazy2: 3.59
Drink Bottled Water 2.00
Total of!!! $13.61 worth of food.

I gained 10 pounds just typing this.

Name: Columbia Harbour House
Location. MK, On the walkway between Liberty Square and Fantasy lland.
Meal: Captain's Special. 7.09 Fried Fish and chicken planks.
Desert: Apple Pie 2.99
Drink Apple Juice 2.39
Total of!!! $13.28 worth of food.

Those meal cards burning a hole in your fanny pack yet?

Place: Cantina:
Meal: Plato combinacion 7.99 Chicken Taco, Beef Burrito, Quesadilla
Desert: Churros 2.09
Drink: Bottled Water 2.50
Mexico, like Morocco, has a counter service that is better than the sit down.
The food was yummy.
Total of!!! $13.40 This one probably cannot feed two but two of them fed 3.
I also went to the Margarita stand. MMMMMM. But that one's out of pocket.

Fess up. You hit the icebox before you even got finished didn't you?

OK - I'm gonna start with the ol' chicken strips but ... thought these were really good! I was at WDW with DH so will put both our meals here if we got different things.

Electric Umbrella
Epcot
MEAL INCLUDED: Chicken Tenders/fries (large enough for TWO!) & I dipped them in Honey Dijon dressing or Barbeque sauce. (I didn't like the fries but DH said it was "just me")
FOR DESSERT I HAD... no sugar added brownie (wrapped in plastic - portable) & cookie - wrapped up cookie in napkins and we ate them later - both yummy. We ate there again another day and had fruit salad for dessert and it was VERY GOOD! Regular size Diet Sodas -- TOTAL $20

Columbia Harbor House
MK
MEAL INCLUDED: Half Sandwich of Hummus and chili - good. Chili spicy. Ham Sandwich - HUGE - DH said good - I think his came with chips.
FOR DESSERT I HAD... apple pie -- BEST PIE!!! Delicious crust! Coffee & Nestle Chocolate Milk -- Total: $20

Pinnochio Village Haus
MK
MEAL INCLUDED: Bobili pizza & small salad. Italian sub w/baked Lays. - Both good.
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Cannolli - tasty and just enough!
Large Light Lemonade & Nestle Chocolate Milk.
Total: $26.00

Tusker
AK
MEAL INCLUDED: Chicken sandwich and steak fries.
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Chocolate cake - REALLY REALLY GOOD! and Carrot cake - a bit dense and dry.
Large Diet Coke & Large Light Lemonade. Total: $27.00

Captain Cooks
Polynesian
MEAL INCLUDED: Hamburger and chips, carrot sticks. 2 Nestle Chocolate Milks
FOR DESSERT I HAD... Rice Krispy Mickey Total: $22.00

We enjoyed our counter meals -- found the food to be good and desserts were excellent too! Too much food though. Most of these meals could be shared. I just added costs cause another member said that was useful.

Okay, I am writing a note to myself....DO NOT read this thread while on Weight Watchers!!!! AAAAACCCKKKKK, I am so hungry now! :sad:

I agree with all those who posted about Cosmic Ray's....great deal!!!!

kerry34 said:
Okay, I am writing a note to myself....DO NOT read this thread while on Weight Watchers!!!! AAAAACCCKKKKK, I am so hungry now! :sad:

I agree with all those who posted about Cosmic Ray's....great deal!!!!
I'm on WW too! I have decided not to even count points while on vacation. I don't think I'll be able to count that high!!! :scared:

We loved the food at Boardwalk to Go and Spoodles Pizza window--large portions; We split a footlong hotdog meal at boardwalk to go with a large drink for about $8! The pizza is great, a very large slice. Earl of Sandwich though has to be my all time favorite CS of this trip--for about $14. we got two DELICIOUS! sandwiches, chips, coleslaw (excellent) and drinks(the Earl Grey Iced Tea! The Beef and Bleu was the best sandwich I have ever had!!!!!--We are definately going to make this a stop every trip! :thumbsup2

NAME of RESTAURANT: CS @ Mexico in Epcot
MEAL INCLUDED: a platter of 3 or 4 different mexican delicacies like quesadilla, burrito, taco maybe (i cannot remember, just know i loved it! LOL!), rice and beans and great salsa and a coke!
FOR DESSERT I HAD... a churro! YUMMY!

two of these platters easily fed three of us and the churros were huge enough to share :)

NAME of RESTAURANT: POFQ Food Court
MEAL INCLUDED: Large Pizza to go and two side salads and two bottles of powerade
FOR DESSERT I HAD... two orders of beignets
and it only "cost" two CS credits yet it fed our entire family of four w/some leftover (love those free fridges! LOL!)

Subscribing since we're on the dp for our trip. This is a very useful thread. Are all CS on the plan, or just the ones that the dining guide lists?

NAME of RESTAURANT: Seasons
MEAL INCLUDED: dh and I got a flatbread/steak wrap with some kind os garlicy/oil sauce on it...good!! Tons of variety here!!! Cafeteria style service set up in little stations... kids had mac n cheese w appleasauce and corn breaf which dh ate (he is the scavenger of the group and eats all leftovers, this is how we save$$$ in our family!!!!) The deserts were great!! Big assortment..awesome brownies, strawberry shortcake, huge moist cookies...very very good!!

Also subscribing. We really like Casey's. It is a must do at MK. I don't remember the costs and we've never done the dining plan before.

This is a great thread! A special thanks to those of you who included prices (w/out the dining plan).
I remember a couple of years ago, we FEASTED at the PepperMill @ CS with our Quick and Casual Vouchers. Has anyone used the dining plan there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter