The March 2014 Thread!!!!

6 days until we leave!

I can't say that I am too enthused about the weather forecasts so far...they have Thursday, the 27th, at an 80% chance of rain. Tuesday and Wednesday have a much lower chance, but I at least wanted to see some SUN on our trip. NC has had a rough winter this year :worried:

Hopefully there is room for change in the coming days!

I'm worried about the weather, too. Oh well, a rainy day at Disney is better than nothing!

The crane is back at the castle today. Snow whites mine train was running test runs the other night, no one on it just the empty cars.

Just back last night...
- The crane is at the castle and they're painting the spires. The newly painted spires are silver, the rest are blue. I don't know if that's the final color or whether the silver is some kind of primer. I like the blue better, personally.
- I've gone about the same time the past several years and crowd levels are definitely higher this year. I'm guessing folks are tired of winter up north...
- I haven't seen Mine Train running. The day I was at MK, there seemed to be a bunch of landscapers working onsite. Some construction walls are down, but there's still plenty there.
- The new 3:00 Magic Kingdom parade is pretty impressive. Definitely try to catch it if you're there. The path is the reverse of Spectromagic: it starts on the Frontierland side and ends at the Main Street barbershop.

Just back last night...
- The crane is at the castle and they're painting the spires. The newly painted spires are silver, the rest are blue. I don't know if that's the final color or whether the silver is some kind of primer. I like the blue better, personally.
- I've gone about the same time the past several years and crowd levels are definitely higher this year. I'm guessing folks are tired of winter up north...
- I haven't seen Mine Train running. The day I was at MK, there seemed to be a bunch of landscapers working onsite. Some construction walls are down, but there's still plenty there.
- The new 3:00 Magic Kingdom parade is pretty impressive. Definitely try to catch it if you're there. The path is the reverse of Spectromagic: it starts on the Frontierland side and ends at the Main Street barbershop.

That is primer...I read a blurb about it today.

The 10-day Orlando forecast is calling for rain on the 28th (when we arrive) and the 29th! I just know this forecast will change in the next few days, right?!? No rain is going to stop us, though! Rain ponchos and umbrellas if necessary!

Leaving in 3 days!!!

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold though :( Taking lots of vit c and zinc!

My in laws just got back today. First trip ever for my Father in law. The cranes in the background of their only castle pic is just horrible. Why isn't the painting going on overnight like most other construction at Disney. The day time painting really takes you out of the park, out of the moment, and back to the real world.

Just back last night. We had a great time and I was pleasantly surprised with the crowds. I expected it to be much more crowded. Don't get me wrong at times it was crowded but not as bad as I expected since it was spring break. I guess it wasn't the busiest spring break week. We stayed at BWV and loved walling to Epcot and DHS. Magic bands and FP worked fine - only one small glitch the first day on the first FP. But they let us on anyways and then a CM helped me fix them. I did make them all online 60 days out.

Guess I am the last of the March 2014 board left to leave?!?!?!?!

Leaving on the 29th.....SO EXCITED!!!

Bought the last of the travel needs last night...yipppeee!!

Now to conquer my flying anxiety!!!!!!

Actually, we're leaving on the 29th, as well. But we're driving down from Atlanta. Pray for us because my newly-permitted DS will try to 'help' me drive:scared:

But we're going to wait until there's open road before he gets behind the wheel.

Oh, and we are still not packed and we're still buying clothing. We'e not close to being ready- which is perfectly fine.

Actually, we're leaving on the 29th, as well. But we're driving down from Atlanta. Pray for us because my newly-permitted DS will try to 'help' me drive:scared:

But we're going to wait until there's open road before he gets behind the wheel.

Oh, and we are still not packed and we're still buying clothing. We'e not close to being ready- which is perfectly fine.

Ha ha! Our permit-carrying dd is planning on driving part of our trip too! Only we have a 25+ hour drive... :drive:

We were going to drive from PA, but my MIL decided she did not ever want to do that drive again. LOL!!!

So...bless you on your drive. MY ODS is turning 12 the day we leave....he begs me to let him drive...not looking forward to his 16th bday!

What a great memory for your DS on his newly issued permit though!!!

I think I am completely packed except for health & beauty stuff....and of course I have a list of thing I forgot...like rain ponchos, and sunglasses duh!

Have fun in Disney!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter