The magic of the lanyard

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
Does anyone think they got special treatment (outside of the organized events), just because a CM saw the lanyard and knew you were part of the group?

DW thinks we did.

A couple years ago, someone was selling some surplus DCL merchandise on ebay. One of the things we picked up was a set (red, yellow, blue) of the stripes from the back of a deck chair.

So, this cruise instead of dropping a pillow case, etc at Guest Services for the characters to autograph, we brought along the yellow stripe from a DCL deck chair. DW dropped it off and the CM said it would be returned to our room by the end of the cruise.

The third night DW received a call from Guest Services....our item had been confiscated by DCL Security because it was "Disney Cruise Line property".

We headed down to Guest Services, not knowing what was gonna happen. The head of Guest Services chatted with us and let us know that Security thinks it was pried off of one of their deck chairs. During the whole coversation DW is hanging tight to the lanyard around her neck.

Finally, she said she would go check with Security to see what they've decided and to hang out for 15-20 minutes and she would be back.

In less than 5 minutes she returned with our item...unsigned...but back in our possession.

DW swears it was because she saw the DIS Unplugged lanyard and/or knew we were party of that group.

Anyone else have a "lanyard" experience.

Never thought I got special treatment because of the lanyard. I do like your deck chair story. :)

That's interesting, Tom. I wonder if it is really due to the lanyard or they just figured out you were big fans who might use Mouse Surplus.

But if you would have taken the pillow case from your cabin, it would have been perfectly accetable ... LOL.

I didn't from any CM, but I had several people ask me in the elevators what we were about....I gave them a quick run down and advised them to check the web site !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter