• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The luau at Aulani

Unless you drink alot, I don't think its worth it. Or if you don't want to go early to get in line to get a good seat. We did general and were directly behind VIP, and more then happy.

What is the cost per person? Food? Activities?
According to the website, VIP is $159 (age 10 and up). Regular is $119 (10 and up). The price includes gratuities but not taxes. It doesn't look like the activities are an extra cost but I can't say for sure.

From the website:
  • Pre-show activities, which may include traditional arts such as kapa printing, flower arranging and temporary kakau tattoos or pa‘i ai taro pounding.
  • Lū‘au introduction and oli (chant) welcome.
  • Buffet dining, including a carving station with suckling pig and prime rib, fresh local seafood, authentic island fare and enticing Asian specialties plus family-friendly offerings, kids' selections and a decadent dessert bar.
  • Lū‘au performance—an enchanting, often breathtaking production that brings the legends and lore of ancient Hawai'i to life.

It is an all-inclusive price, sans alcohol, unless you are VIP. For non-VIPs, you get one complimentary alcoholic beverage upon entry. Activities do not cost extra.

I asked about a DVC discount when we made our Luau reservation and was told no (about a month and a half ago).

Is it worth it to buy the VIP tickets for the. Aulani Luau
I am sorry i didn't see your thread but i posted a review today of the Luau, and untill they improve it i wouldn't suggest it, we were very disappointed. You might want rent a car for the day and try one of the following
https://www.halekoa.com/dining-and-entertainment/entertainment/the-hale-koa-luau.html
http://www.polynesia.com/dining_and...gclid=CNnSioGwhNICFYZhfgodjOcIpw#.WJ0XApLA-i4

I have attended both of these luaus and have greatly injoyed myself. I hope in the future to be able to recommend the Luau at the Aulani But as of now I am sorry to say it doesn't have that Disney Magic we all expect.

We are considering the "Te Moana Nui" lua show at Sheraton in Waikikki during our stay prior to Aulani. Has anyone been to this one. Is it worth going to?

I am sorry i didn't see your thread but i posted a review today of the Luau, and untill they improve it i wouldn't suggest it, we were very disappointed. You might want rent a car for the day and try one of the following
https://www.halekoa.com/dining-and-entertainment/entertainment/the-hale-koa-luau.html
http://www.polynesia.com/dining_and...gclid=CNnSioGwhNICFYZhfgodjOcIpw#.WJ0XApLA-i4

I have attended both of these luaus and have greatly injoyed myself. I hope in the future to be able to recommend the Luau at the Aulani But as of now I am sorry to say it doesn't have that Disney Magic we all expect.

Hale Koa Luau is for military and military families, right? I have read great things but think we are ineligible...

My wife called and they were able to let us know what food our Granddaughter could eat (milk Allergy) and were even nice enough to make a dessert special for her. Just make sure that your server is aware.

My wife called and they were able to let us know what food our Granddaughter could eat (milk Allergy) and were even nice enough to make a dessert special for her. Just make sure that your server is aware.

That is great news. All the chefs at WDW are wonderful when it comes to accommodating my granddaughter's many food allergies. I was hoping it would be the same at Aulani.

Being "worth it" is something only you can answer. For the extra cost, you get to sit in the first 2 rows of tables when we were there (New Year's). Since the tables are perpendicular to the stage, non-VIP tables start around halfway back into the lawn area. VIP also gets you in early so there's no lines for the activities. Big plus there. As for the alcohol, that's up to you. VIP tables are also allowed to get food first, but there's plenty to go around. The VIP tables also have wait staff that will get drinks for you--don't know if the non-VIP seats got that.

In our case, it was "worth it" because it was the only thing available on the date we could go.

In Disney fashion, the kid's food table is set lower so that the kids can get the food themselves. Some of the kids food looked better than the adult food--like the mac and cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter