"The kitty girls are going to Grandma's so we can go to disney" 10/4 Sad news

charming23

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone I am back for my second PTR report here on the Dis. I am so excited to share in my planning with all of you guys.

Introductions:

Me: Elizabeth. I am 25 years old and this will be my third trip to Walt Disney World. I have gone back to college to finish my degree and I will have my associate of arts in December so this is a graduation celebration trip/birthday for me. I love both Donald Duck and Stitch. My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom and I love riding Pirates of the Caribbean.

Mom: Sue. She will be 62 by the time we got (but she acts like she is 10 most days :lmao: ). She is retired and enjoys spending her time doing crafts. She is very excited for me to graduate and actually suggested this trip. She loves Donald Duck and Epcot is her favorite park.

Here is the two of us from our trip last year.

Waltdisney022.jpg

We are still working out the details but know for sure we want to be in Disney January 9, 2011 through January 17, 2011.

I can't wait to share my plans with you and get input on ideas.

Okay so here is the plan

When: January 8-18, 2011 with Disney Days being the 9-17, 2011.
Where: The Caribbean Beach Resort
Why: To Celebrate both my college Graduation and 26th Birthday

We so far only have a room reservation but once package prices come out we hope to add the dining plan and tickets. Also I hope there will be a deal going on. I have been lucky lately and have recieved a few pins this year so I hope that continues.

We are also planning on driving down. It is about a 16 hour hourney that we will split between two days. We enjoyed having a car with us but if we can find cheap airfare we might switch to flying.

Okay so I should probably explain the title of my PTR.

When mom and I went on our two week Disney/Sea World/ Savannah trip our two kittys stayed with my Grandma. Cleopatra (Cleo) and Calypso (yes she is named for the character in Pirates of the Caribbean although we call her Caly for short), loved staying at Grandma's house. They had all new rooms to explore and a grandmother that gave them treats anytime they did anything cute and believe me Grandma thought everything they did was cute. Of course they were happy to see us when we returned but whenever Grandma comes over they attatch to her like glue.

So my Grandma keeps bugging us as to when the girls can stay with her again and that they always ask her when she is over for a sleepover :rotfl2: . So with the girls wanting a vacation to Grandma's, mom and I decided we needed to go somewhere too. That is where the Disney trip came in. I am graduating from Tri-c with my Associate of the Arts in December and will not transfer to my four year school until fall of 2011 so January seemed like the perfect time to go and celebrate. The weather will be cooler and the crowds should be fairly good.

Here are pics of the girls

misc406.jpg

Cleo

misc411.jpg

Caly

misc404.jpg

Together in the window

So the 2011 Package prices came out today and it was going to be the deciding factor of whether or not we would get the dining plan. We had the plan when we went last September and loved it. It was during free dining and knowing that meals were paid for was relaxing. I made a list of the pros and cons.

Pros:
-Food will be paid for
-you get a dessert with your meal
-drinks are included
-a sense of relief knowing that food does not have to be budgeted

Cons:
-too much food
-restrictions on what you can and cannot order
-feeling the need to use every single last credit before you leave
-not free this year and the price went up

In the end after studying menus and really looking at budgets we have decided to ........

Forgo the dining plan and just pay out of pocket.

We have decided to drive for sure so we will stop at a grocery store on our way in and get things like cereal, mils, juice, donuts, fruit for breakfast anf grab snack items for snacks in the room. We do have a TS ADR for each day and when mom and I looked through the menus we got an approximate price on what we might order and it was less than what the dining plan would cost us by a lot. Plus we like the freedom that we could order an appetizer as our entree or split one dessert.

Next up: Our Dining ADR's

Day One (1/8) plans:

We will leave a probaly freezing Cleveland early that Satuday morning, I am thinking like 6am ish. If the weather looks like it is going to be bad we might leave the night before and drive into Virginia for the night.

The plan is to pack a lunch like we always do for road trips. We always pack lots of bottled water and snacks so we do not have to stop for little things. Lunch is always sandwhiches and we may even pack some stuff for dinner.

I would like to get as far as we can before stopping for the night. My goal is to be almost to Georgia, which is about a 11-12 hour drive. We will check into a hotel and relax for the evening.

Day two (1/9) Plans:

Leave wherever we end up staying in the early am and drive the rest of the journey to Orlando. Being a Sunday in January I am not expecting too much traffic.

Hopefully we will get to the Caribbean Beach resort by mid afternoon and we can check-in. If our room is ready we will go get unpacked and rest for a bit. If not we will grab a bus to DTD and eat dinner at either EOS or head over to Flipper's pizza at Crossroads.

It will be early to bed because the next morning will be rope drop at DHS.

We went up to the mall today because mom and I had coupons for free underwear at Victoria Secret so of course I had to go to the Disney Store to take a look around. I did not buy much but I got these things

002.jpg

I will use this for my trip journal. I love Alice in Wonderland and was so happy to see this.

003.jpg

Could not pass up this reusable bag.

They also gave me a coupon good for 8/14-8/22 and is either worth 10%, 20%, or 30% off your entire purchase. I saw a few shirts I liked so I will go back with the coupon to get them.

Not sure who is reading this but here we go.....

Day Three (1/10) Plans- Hollywood Studios

We will be spending our first full day at

waltdisneypart2086.jpg

The plan is to get there at Rope Drop and Join the rush over to TSM to get FP. Because of poor planning on my part last year we never got to ride TSM and I am dying to this year. We plan to hit some attractions before heading back to the hotel around lunch for a rest. Hopefully we can see this again.

waltdisneypart2024.jpg

and see Indiana Jones.

We will come back mid afternoon since we have ADR's for dinner at 4:05pm at 50's Prime Time Cafe. Mom and I loved it last year and I had to promise her we would eat there again since we are not spending our first day at MK.

Here is mom and "Aunt Donna" from our last trip

waltdisneypart2038.jpg

DHS is open for EMH that night until 10pm so we will take advantage of that and hit up some more rides. We will most likely not be seeing Fantasmic as we saw it last time and at 6:30pm I am not sure we would get out of dinner in time.

Okay so discounts came out this morning and after doing some early Disney math, I am thinkg the % off one is the best for us. With not wanting to do the dining plan it is the best option for us.

Also I am thinking about changing our resort to Pop. We can save over $300 if we do and when we planned our trip in 2009 it was the first resort I wanted to stay at. It looks so cute and with it being just a place to sleep and shower I think it is a great option for us. I am going to wait until my mom is up to make the final decision.

The only downside to staying at Pop would be that there is no in room refridgerator but we could either see if there is room in a swap or for how much we are saving just rent one through them. Also my uncle has a power operated cooler that would work as well.

Decisions, decisions.......

Day 4 (1/11) Plans

Off to the Future, world that is

Today we will be heading here.....

WaltDisneyWOrld074-1.jpg

Epcot

They have early magic hours in the moring so I hope to be there at 8 am and head to Soarin first thing for fastpasses and maybe a ride.

My goals for the day are to hit
-Spaceship Earth
-Test Track
-Innovations
-Figment
-Living with the Land
-The Seas with Nemo and friends

I am also considering doing the Behind the Seeds tour.

We have lunch reservations for Le Cellier at 11:35 am and I am dying to try the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. I made it myslef for Christmas Eve last year and it was sooo good I imagine that it will be delicious.

We might explore a bit of Worldshowcase before calling it a day and head back to the resort for a rest and maybe DTD for dinner.

Stop the PTR we have big changes to our trip

So mom and I were playing around with the discounts on the website and she out of curiosity put in the week of my birthday in February for Pop. It turns out it is cheaper to go then based on our dates and we can add an extra night to boot. Sooooooooooo we are now going........

February 6-15, 2011

Crazy right. So we called and canceled our room only at CBR and made reservations at Pop for 9 nights, that's three more nights than we had before and I get to be there on my actual birthday (2/11). I am beyond excited. Since I am not starting at my four year school until fall it will not interrupt with classes.

:banana::dance3::cool1::yay::cheer2:

I will be putting up our new plans and ADR's.

Whew!!! That was a crazy day yesterday. I had my BFF laughing so hard about how we changed our minds to go in February instead and she was not surprised that I wanted to be there on my actual birthday. She said she was even surprised I did not book that first.

So I got all of our January ADR's cancelled and got our February ones made, so I will update on those soon.

Today the plan is to take my Mystery Coupon up to the Disney store and see if the shirts I want are still there. I will post pics if I get anything.

So I used my Mystery Coupon at the Disney Store and I got.....

002-1.jpg

I love it. I was going to get two t-shirts but I have so many and I just love the color of this/ It also has side pockets which I like better than the ones in front.

I also did something either really smart or really stupid today.................. I applied for a job at the Disney Store :scared1: . I am afraid that if I get it I will owe more wach week than I make :rotfl2: . But it would be a great job for me while I finish school. When I became unemployed in December of 2008 I made it my priority to go to school and get my degree. It has been nice to be able to do so but I am dying to get back to work and part-time sounds perfect. means more Disney money ;) . I so hope they call me.

Still working on our new plans so no trip updates but I have some fun life updates.

On Friday (8/20) we were supposed to go and meet some of my grandfathers army buddies for lunch but the one guy was sick so instead we decided to head up to Toledo to spend the day with my cousin Melinda.

She goes to the University of Toledo and since my Aunt and Uncle were not going to be able to make it up for her birthday, whiche is today, we went up to take her out for dinner.

We left around 11 am and got on the turnpike. Mom drove while I listened to my iPod, Grandma was just happy to be along for the ride. We made one stop for lunch at one of the rest stops. Mom and Grandma split an avacado BLT from Einstiens and I had a bagel with cream cheese.

We got to Toledo about 1:30pm and picked her up at her dorm. We spent the afternoon shopping at Old Navy, a small quilt shop, and Hobby Loby before going to Olive Garden for dinner.

After dinner we went to a Walmart Supercenter to look around before going back to her dorm and heading home. We dropped Grandma off and got home at 11:30pm. It was a great day. I love spending time with my cousin because we are more like sisters than cousins, we even look alike.

ADR's

So I have finally finalized our ADR plans (I think :lmao: ).

Arrival Day (2/6)
Will probably eat at the food court or order pizza from flippers

Day One (2/7)- Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern @ 12:30pm.

Day 2 (2/8)- Disney's Hollywood Studios
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe @ 12:30pm

Day 3 (2/9)- Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Donald's Safari Breakfast @ 10:15am (we will celebrate my college graduation at this one as I love Donald Duck)

Day 4 (2/10)- Epcot
Lunch at Le Cellier @ 11:35am

Day 5 (2/11) - Magic Kingdom- My 26th Birthday :wizard:
Lunch at Kona Cafe @ 1:45pm

Day 6 (2/12) - Day off
No ADR's at this point

Day 7 (2/13) - Magic Kingdom
Lunch at The Plaza @2:15pm

Day 8 (2/14)- Epcot
Lunch at Les Chefs de France @ 12:20pm

Day 9 (2/15)- Departure Day
Breakfast at Kouzzina @ 10:15am

So last night I was playing around with the online dining reservation system and scored us a reservation for our day off at 'Ohana for 7:10pm. I was going to leave that day open but when I saw that I could not resist. I have wanted to try it and tried hard to get one last year.

So today we got Some Mickey Mail :cool1:

1st was a packet with information about Pop Century and the parks. It also came with two coupons; one for Raglan Rd and one for Basin :lovestruc I am soooo using that one.

2nd were the customized maps I ordered. They are great and will be fun to use once we get there.

In other news, I was finally approved for my grant through financial aid today :banana: . They had disqualified me at first because I was 2 credits over the limit that they will pay for an Associates Degree but since I am in my last semester and only have 12 credits to go they approved me. It is such a relief and that means that the money I had set aside can be put towards our trip.

Day One 2/5/2011

The plan is to leave home bright and early on the 5th. We will hopefully have most of the car packed the night before and just have to throw in some last minute things.

We will switch drivers on and off like we did last summer and hope to only stop a few times for gas and potty breaks. We will pack our lunch as we did last time to cut down on road costs.

Hopefully we will make our way through these states before stopping to spend the night.

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo002.jpg

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo006.jpg

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo010.jpg

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo013.jpg

Day two 2/6/2011

We will wake up early have a quick breakfast and be on the road as soon as we can. We will pass through

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo015.jpg

Before arriving here

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo016.jpg

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo017.jpg

RoadtriptoFloridadaysoneandtwo018.jpg

:banana::banana: We will get our free OJ or Grapefruit Juice sample and keep heading down the road until we get here

waltdisneymom017.jpg

Yummy BBQ in St Augustine. Depending on the time we might run into the outlet mall there to check out the character store before heading down the road.

Hopefully by Dinner we will see this sign

WaltDisneyWOrld045.jpg

:cool1::worship::cheer2::dance3::woohoo::yay:

We will check in at Pop Century and then head out to a grocery for a few items.

Dinner will be from Flipper's Pizza or the food court before we fall asleep for our first of 9 nights in "the Happiest place on Earth"

Quick update

I have been so busy with the start of school so I will try and update after I get back from Kelley's Island for the weekend.

Sorry I have been away but school is crazy this semester. In case anyone wants to take a science with a lab online my advice is don't. I thought it would not be too hard but wow was I wrong. I am doing okay in it and as long as I pass the lab I will graduate and be happy.

So this past Labor Weekend we headed up to my family's house on Kelley's Island for our end of summer gathering. I wish I could say that it was the best trip ever but some family issues got in the way and I got real sick on our last night. I made the best of it though and we had some great moments. I will post pics and do a short TR on it this weekend.

Mom and I also went to a Cleveland Indians game last Saturday (9/11) night. They had a giveaway of "Wahoo Warmers" (Indians Sniggie). We had an almost two hour rain delay and the lost 0-1 to the Twins in 12 innings.

Life is going to be busy for a few weeks as this weekend my mom is taking a girls trip down to Columbus for an Ohio State game and I am staying home and having friends over for dinner and movies.

We go to another Indians game on the 24th for Dollar Dog Night and Beatles Fireworks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter