• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

the kitchen sink....

pixiedust23

DIS Veteran
Has anyone successfully finished this at BC at the BC? And how many people did it take you to finish? I went with friends a couple years ago, but didnt get to try...its hard to convince 20-something girls to have an all out ice cream pig fest!

It's hard to convince anyone to have an all out ice cream pig fest. Sorry, can't answer your question.

Two years ago, there were 8 of us and we could not finish it. I was told by staff working there, that there are folks who have not problem finishing it. In fact, they told us that one family does it every year.

Smallest number I've heard completing it was 5. The more, the merrier. I understand it will melt down into a gloppy mess pretty quickly. Maybe split some No Way Jose's. They are delicious and about right for two people to share. :earsboy:

4 Adult's and got through a little over half of it.We had fun trying and it was good ice cream. :goodvibes :banana: :earsboy:

Would it be a big deal for them to leave off or just put a small amount of whipped cream on top? There are 6 of us who might try it in September - but I think I would gag with a whole can of whipped cream. Has anyone made a special request to slightly alter the ingredients?

I know this sounds dumb but...... what is the kitchen sink???!!!
I've only been to DisneyWorld once and we didnt really eat in the parks. I amgoing in 3 days though (yay!) and I would like to maybe have a go. Could someone please reply?

I plan to try it this year. It is at Beaches N Cream, and you can find the menu on www.allearsnet.com. The kitchen sink has a lot of different flavors of ice cream and all of their toppings in a kitchen sink (or at least the pictures I have seen look like it is in a kitchen sink). I think my family of seven can finish it, but we will have to wait a while longer to find out - I can't wait. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

There were four of us: 2 adults, 12 yo boy and 9 yo girl. No way did we finish it and we didn't eat any lunch to save room for it :sunny:

We did ask them to change it up some: we asked for no nuts and subsitute another scoop of chocolate for the coffee ice cream.

The thing is, that what you see sticking out the top of the "sink" bowl is not anywhere near all of it! It really doesn't look like it, but there is still a lot in that bowl! (Or maybe it just looks like a lot when you get down to there! :rolleyes:

Whatever, it is more of an event that anything. It was very good and we had a great time trying to do it. But for once in my life I was NOT wanting anymore ice cream for awhile.

We tried it a few years ago. 3 teens, one child and me. We finished 3/4 of it and it wasn't dessert, it was the meal. It really does get "disgusting" pretty quick. I wouldn't do it again. Years ago Narcooses used to have the seven seas sundae and that was actually very good. They did away with that several years ago. Too bad.

I think it's disgusting pretty quickly too. We asked for no peanut butter one time and they had no problem with that. My grand (see below) did it once, and ate a darn good amount, and loved it, and hubby and I have done it. We won't do it again. Would rather share a banana split, that doesn't have all sorts of cakes, brownies, and a such a mixture of toppings.

5 of us ate almost all of it. We ate it around 4:00. As much as it cost, it actually saved us money. We couldn't eat supper that night, we were stuffed. :)

2 female adults, 1 teen boy & 2 preteen girls... we ate all of it!!!! could have eaten more too... but we love ice cream ;)

Last year we were a party of 7, 4 kids ages 12 - 13 and 3 adults and we finished it!

There was seven of us two years ago and we finished it all but my husband could it ice cream all day everyday. They let us change some of the ice cream flavors and were very nice about it. Our kids loved it and can't wait to show their grandparents this october. princess: princess:

5 of us could not finish it 2 years ago, but this was after eating lunch and we also had a No Way Jose sundae. This was in the days you could use the vouchers and get a Kitchen Sink. My friend's DH returned there a couple of days later while we went to the parks and he saw a woman finish one by herself.

We were there in March 2005. Four of us( 2 adults, DS 9 and DD 5) tried (after we ate supper- stupid) and ate about 1/2!!!! It was great!!! WE were all miserable after eating, but worth every penny to show the pictures to friends and family when we got home.

We probably won't ever buy it again, but it was worth it to do it once!!!

Petrymom

princesslulu said:
There was seven of us two years ago and we finished it all but my husband could it ice cream all day everyday. They let us change some of the ice cream flavors and were very nice about it. Our kids loved it and can't wait to show their grandparents this october. princess: princess:
I never thought of asking to change the flavors.. I hate the coffee flavor. I will ask to sub mint chocolate chip instead :goodvibes
I forgot to mention in my first post about us finishing it.. the Kitchen Sink "was" our lunch. We had nothing to eat before & as you can guess, nothing after until dinner...even then we weren't that hungry....but then again, I can eat ice cream for breakfast lunch & dinner :mickeybar :mickeybar

It was a wonderful evening last July. We were 3 families that first took an Illuminations Cruise and then went to BC for kitchen sinks.

We bought 2 kitchen sinks -- one for the 6 adults, and one for the 4 kids (age 8, 8, 12 & 15). The adults finished their kitchen sink and then the DHs helped the kids finsh theirs. The key is to NOT eat dinner before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter