The Journey Begins…Live Aulani Trip Updates.

JC1984

DisDad #875
Hi All,
We are travelling to Aulani Jan 11th-18th. I will be updating here with thoughts, observations, and will be able to answer any questions you may have.. We will be following on with 4 days at Disneyland.

Captains Log Star Date 20220108: We were originally supposed to fly from Montana to Long Beach via Denver on January 10th on Southwest. Southwest has been canceling like 60% of the flights out of our local airport. We decided yesterday we were not going to take the chance of them canceling our flight to Long Beach and possibly missing our Hawaii flights so we left at 3 am this morning and drove with our 3 children (under 5) 16 hours to Las Vegas. When we were driving through Salt Lake City today we got a text saying our flight Monday had been canceled; so I think we made the right choice. We will be spending the night here and continuing to Long Beach in the morning. Extremely tired and lots of stress to start the trip but the crew’s spirits seem high still.

Hi All,
We are travelling to Aulani Jan 11th-18th. I will be updating here with thoughts, observations, and will be able to answer any questions you may have.. We will be following on with 4 days at Disneyland.

Captains Log Star Date 20220108: We were originally supposed to fly from Montana to Long Beach via Denver on January 10th on Southwest. Southwest has been canceling like 60% of the flights out of our local airport. We decided yesterday we were not going to take the chance of them canceling our flight to Long Beach and possibly missing our Hawaii flights so we left at 3 am this morning and drove with our 3 children (under 5) 16 hours to Las Vegas. When we were driving through Salt Lake City today we got a text saying our flight Monday had been canceled; so I think we made the right choice. We will be spending the night here and continuing to Long Beach in the morning. Extremely tired and lots of stress to start the trip but the crew’s spirits seem high still.
I'm in.

Wow traveling 16 hours to LAS with three kids. Better you than me. Lol. You didn’t want to drive to SLC or BOI And fly from there?? Anyway hope everything works out. You gotta do what you gotta do. I’m sure it will be worth it when you see the beautiful island during landing. Dreaming someday I’ll be there. I’ll be following.

Thanks all for following along.

Captains Log Star Date 20220109: Easy 3.5 hour drive today from Vegas to Anaheim. Not much to report…plan on hanging out tomorrow and getting ready to fly out early Tuesday Morning. Am loving the 81 degree weather in So Cal. Was 11 at home today. Will start getting to the good stuff Tuesday morning.

Wow traveling 16 hours to LAS with three kids. Better you than me. Lol. You didn’t want to drive to SLC or BOI And fly from there?? Anyway hope everything works out. You gotta do what you gotta do. I’m sure it will be worth it when you see the beautiful island during landing. Dreaming someday I’ll be there. I’ll be following.
We drove for 2 reasons. First I am from Anaheim and my family is still here. We are going to be here for 10 days after we return from Hawaii. 4 of the days will be spent at DLR. By driving we ensured we would not worry about any connections with Southwest and we saved ourselves $500 for 10 days of a rental car in CA. Surprisingly the older 2 were very well behaved for long trip. Now Mom and Dad got to drop the kids off with the grandparents for the night and get date night!

Captains Log Star Date 20220110: Checked in for our flights right at 24 hrs this morning. Pretty standard for Southwest except for the multiple reminders about Hawaii COVID policy. Not much to report today. Crews spirits are high and excitement is high to be in paradise. The real work starts in the morning. Will be updating live as I see fit.

First lesson learned: If you have any travelers under 5 who do not require testing or vaccination you CANNOT get a wristband or pre checked. You will have to stand in line upon arriving in Hawaii. Big disappointment and I hope the line isn’t too long in HNL. About to board in about 30 minutes.

First lesson learned: If you have any travelers under 5 who do not require testing or vaccination you CANNOT get a wristband or pre checked. You will have to stand in line upon arriving in Hawaii. Big disappointment and I hope the line isn’t too long in HNL. About to board in about 30 minutes. For that Mickey will not wear the mask over his nose. 637869

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter