The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

WWYD? I need advice from fellow BWV fans. We have stayed at BWV a few times. Currently have a split GV and Standard view booked. I do not like to move especially with a toddler and groceries. Then add moving day would be Moonlight Magic night, I just see it not going as smoothly as it might under other circumstances. My dilemma is go ahead and book Pool/GV all of the nights- 12 total or stick with splitting and save the points. Views are not my first priority but, having no room for a toddler throwing a tantrum or needing a nap before MM, might be worth the extra 9 points a night?
If views are not a priority could you just go standard view the whole trip?

WWYD? I need advice from fellow BWV fans. We have stayed at BWV a few times. Currently have a split GV and Standard view booked. I do not like to move especially with a toddler and groceries. Then add moving day would be Moonlight Magic night, I just see it not going as smoothly as it might under other circumstances. My dilemma is go ahead and book Pool/GV all of the nights- 12 total or stick with splitting and save the points. Views are not my first priority but, having no room for a toddler throwing a tantrum or needing a nap before MM, might be worth the extra 9 points a night?
Given that a nap-needing toddler is involved, I'd spend the extra points. I hate split stays, even within the same resort, and on MM day you don't want to be homeless from 11 AM until 4 PM (or later).

Would be for me. Book the Pool/Garden category for the entire time and consider the extra points to be the cost of peace of mind. Toddler (and you, too, maybe?) gets nap, and you get to enjoy Moonlight Madness. Moving just adds stress (and opportunities for things to go wrong). Enjoy!

No, my WL for Garden matched, not for Standard. I could keep waiting but, I’d only have 29 more days to cancel or points go into holding if it matched after the 30 day mark.
Then I think just getting the GV the whole time would be a good idea as long as you can afford it.

New DVC/BWV owner here and still waiting on our contract to close. We are hoping to come at Christmas, however, May 23 will open the 7 month booking window and I'm concerned the studio rooms will get booked up. Any suggestions on how to manage that? Or, perhaps some insight into how quickly they get booked up at 7 months? We will not have our points in our account for me to book it by the 23....:(

New DVC/BWV owner here and still waiting on our contract to close. We are hoping to come at Christmas, however, May 23 will open the 7 month booking window and I'm concerned the studio rooms will get booked up. Any suggestions on how to manage that? Or, perhaps some insight into how quickly they get booked up at 7 months? We will not have our points in our account for me to book it by the 23....:(
If you're expecting to book the week of Christmas then you probably won't be able to get a studio for a full week at BWV this year. You might be able to get one or two nights. December is very popular with DVC members. Anyone hoping to book there with points from another resort will be on right at 7 months to snap up whatever is still left.

You might want to set your expectations for one of the larger resorts (SSR, OKW, AKV) since by virtue of their size, there are more studios. Poly is also a possibility because it is all studios (and point-sucking bungalows). However, Poly will most likely book up right at 7 months due to its popularity.

The good news is that you will have plenty of years of BWV ownership to experience your home resort. Good luck and welcome home!

If you're expecting to book the week of Christmas then you probably won't be able to get a studio for a full week at BWV this year. You might be able to get one or two nights. December is very popular with DVC members. Anyone hoping to book there with points from another resort will be on right at 7 months to snap up whatever is still left.

You might want to set your expectations for one of the larger resorts (SSR, OKW, AKV) since by virtue of their size, there are more studios. Poly is also a possibility because it is all studios (and point-sucking bungalows). However, Poly will most likely book up right at 7 months due to its popularity.

The good news is that you will have plenty of years of BWV ownership to experience your home resort. Good luck and welcome home!
Yea, that's what I was assuming. We are only looking at 23-26 (limited due to bball season) but I figure that weekend will book up almost immediately.. Oh well.... Thanks for the insight and suggestions. We are staying at SSR in July. Good tip on Poly, too!

Ok, we are set now in a 1bdrm Garden/pool for our entire stay…unless my long shot waitlists come thru😬 Canceled 6 nights in a standard this AM to avoid moving on same day as MM. Yay for whoever got those nights! I didn’t mind moving before but, with a cranky toddler and MM, it would not be as easy as it was with just 2 adults and a teen. It killed me to fork out the extra points for a very subjective “view” but, peace of mind prevails -lol!

We just spent the weekend at the Boardwalk. It was Dapper Day Weekend! We were in our Dapper attire, we fit right in as we strolled the boardwalk. As we sat on the bench next to the surrey bike rental a 8 White Ponies pulling a Glass Coach with a Bride and Groom inside. This one of the many reason I love Disney's Boardwalk.
oh yeah! i miss it....

We have stayed at BWV for the last 6 years in a 1 BR. We do a garden view (for the points) and have never been unhappy with the view. We can sit on the balcony in the morning to relax before heading to the parks.
I don't know that we would be in the room enough to enjoy a Boardwalk view.

So…a long time ago, there was a discussion re: a section that was kind of far-off and somewhat remote. Some ppl didn’t like it bc it wasn’t close to anything etc. Some ppl preferred the secluded feel. Does anyone know what area this might be?

So…a long time ago, there was a discussion re: a section that was kind of far-off and somewhat remote. Some ppl didn’t like it bc it wasn’t close to anything etc. Some ppl preferred the secluded feel. Does anyone know what area this might be?
I'd guess the rooms down by the tennis courts. Those are really far from everything except the path to HS.

We were in room 1131 and it was a couple rooms short of the very end of the resort. Very remote.

As noted above, the rooms that are farthest from the elevator/lobby area are those near the tennis courts -- standard views that face in the direction of Studios and preferred views that overlook the quiet pool. Many have noted the "long" walk from the lobby/elevator area, which, at average adult pace, is actually a little less than 2 minutes.The rooms do have quick and easy access to the quiet pool and the DVC Community Hall (which is in the quiet pool area), provide the shortest possible walk from BWV to Studios via a stairway at the end of the building, and tend to have less noise issues than rooms on the boardwalk or in the area of the Luna Park pool

I'd guess the rooms down by the tennis courts. Those are really far from everything except the path to HS.

We were in room 1131 and it was a couple rooms short of the very end of the resort. Very remote.
We were stuck in 1008 last month and, for us, it was the worst location, Crest O the Wave, we have ever had for a pool/garden view at BWV. This room is directly across the hall from the DVC model and near nothing but Jellyrolls and S&D resorts.

Our requests were lobby floor, near elevator, or Village Green view. Clearly not one request was granted and the room was not ready until after 4. While we were there, these rooms were being cleaned first thing every morning of our stay, so not sure why our wait was so long for the room. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. :confused3

As I said, worst room location ever for us and BWV is usually very accommodating when we place requests. Luck ran out this trip.

We were stuck in 1008 last month and, for us, it was the worst location, Crest O the Wave, we have ever had for a pool/garden view at BWV. This room is directly across the hall from the DVC model and near nothing but Jellyrolls and S&D resorts.

Our requests were lobby floor, near elevator, or Village Green view. Clearly not one request was granted and the room was not ready until after 4. While we were there, these rooms were being cleaned first thing every morning of our stay, so not sure why our wait was so long for the room. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. :confused3

As I said, worst room location ever for us and BWV is usually very accommodating when we place requests. Luck ran out this trip.
Our only request from this last trip was upper floor and we got first floor lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter