The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

what a beautiful moment between you and your dad! I love it!! I'm so glad your wedding was such a wonderful event for your family!

As we got to the doors of the lobby, I saw it. Even now, typing this I actually have tears welling up in my eyes. You cannot imagine, until it happens to you, how that one piece of equipment can make you feel. It was there, in the drive, waiting for me. Waiting for us. Waiting to make our dreams come true. I looked at my dad and he had tears in his eyes. I’ve only seen my dad cry a few times in my life, and those have been very bad times indeed. I knew how he felt now. All of the bad times and all of the sad times seemed like a lifetime away.

He stared at the Carriage and smiled. He was as still as a statue. My nieces were holding his hands. “Are you alright, Grandad?” said the eldest. “It’s real.” said my dad. “It’s really real.” He looked at me. “Is it for us?” he asked, looking at me through his eyes which were shining with tears. I nodded and grinned at him. “Time of our lives” I said, and he knew what I meant. This was it. Everyone deserves the happiest day of their lives, and for my dad, this was a day he will never, ever forget. It wasn’t only the best day of my life, it was his too. It had been such a long time since he was completely happy. My family have had such an awful time in every single sense of the word over the past decade and a half that I can’t even begin to get into it. I know my family had needed something to believe in and this wedding had seemed so far off, but I know my dad clung to it tightly with both hands and his heart. He wanted my dreams to come true as much as I did. More than that though ~ I think he needed them to come true. I was determined that I would make my parents proud, and give back to them memories that they could cherish forever. Memories are priceless, indelible. I’ve only ever wanted to make my parents proud of me.

Darn it Sara-Jayne, you have me crying like a baby! :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :hug: :hug:

Sara-Jayne -- This is the best installment yet. :goodvibes You really have a wonderful, down-to-earth way of writing that lets us all share in your wonderful memories. I am so happy for you and your Dad that you had the wonderful, precious experience together. :hug:

Can't wait to hear more!

Sara Jayne, I popped back in to see if you had posted more, :sad1: sadly you had not, so much like the Harry Potter books, I started re-reading... and there is one picture of you getting into the carriage where you are holding your flowers up in front of you, and it is simply stunning! There is you, in white, the carriage, in white, the driver, also white and in the middle are these absolutely beautiful flowers. They just stand out so nicely. I don't know how I missed it the first time.

Sara Jayne, some one on another board pointed out this TR to us. I've spent the last hour and half reading it.

First, let me say, congratulations to you and Gavin. May you be as happy in your life as you were at your wedding and when life throws you the inevitable curve ball, may you always have each other to lean on.

Your TR has brought me to tears quite often. From you looking in the mirror that first time, descibing your wonderful friendship with your 'penfriend', your Mom and the wedding dress, to meeting the little girls in the elevator.

It's unreal how very happy, not only I, but everyone reading this thread, can be for someone we have never met. You have made that very easy for us.

Thank you for sharing the most exciting day of your life with us. I'm looking forward to the rest.

more more more more you cant keep doing this to us treating us mean keeping us keen x x

Oh the suspense is killing us!! You can't pull on the heart strings with such a beautiful fairy tale romance and not give up the ending, it's just awful! (Although we already know you get your prince). This waiting IS worse than the Harry Potter books!!! :rotfl: I'm just kidding, I'm sure you have plenty to do being a new bride, work, house chores, etc... But you've made us all fall in love with your and Gavin's fairy tale. You're such an amazing writer, it's hard for us not to feel like we're right there with you, so these breaks are pure torture. The good news is, I know it will be worth the wait! ;) But still hurry!!!:lmao:

Wow!! Just read your report from the start. It's like a fairytale. You look gorgeous. I can't wait for more.

Sara-Jayne, Thank you so much for such a beautiful Wedding TR. Someone on another board told me about it a few days ago, and I have been reading it since!!! I can tell happy you and Gavin are, and how much you love each other, your families and friends! I can't wait to read more!!!:lovestruc :grouphug:

Hey Everyone,

So sorry about posting, things have been awful at work and this week it is the anniversary of my granny's death, and one of my huskies and my chameleon have been poorly, then my laptop battery died and so things have been a little tough :( I will post more soon!

Hey Everyone,

So sorry about posting, things have been awful at work and this week it is the anniversary of my granny's death, and one of my huskies and my chameleon have been poorly, then my laptop battery died and so things have been a little tough :( I will post more soon!

:hug: :hug: take your time; hope your pets feel better. Sorry about your granny :hug:

Glad to see you back!

What a wonderful daughter you are! To be able to make our parents truly happy is a wonderful thing! I am sure he is VERY PROUD of you! (I am!)

Can't wait to find out what happens next! Loving every minute!

Thank you so much :) I have so much more to do, things are just mad here at the moment. I wish I had all day to just do this instead!

Aw, Sara! You have just made me want the carriage!!!

It looks sooo beautiful!! I love the picture where you're getting in and you can see your converse!!! :):)

Hee, thank you! You should have the carriage, it is so expensive but so worth it. I could not imagine my day without it :)

You look gorgeous!! I'm sure I would probably be a nervous wreck trying to get in and not fall!! I am such a clutz that I have bruises all the time from who knows what! I run into stuff!

Thank you! I am generally not the most agile ;)

Yay! I'm so glad you're back. I was having slight Sarah-Jayne withdrawals!:rotfl:

Your story is just so beautiful, I really can't wait to read and see the rest!

Thank you, I feel really bad leaving you all without any installments :(

So so glad that you are back....we have all missed you this past week....don't neglect us again please:laughing:

I'm trying, I'm trying! I think someone is plotting against me ;)

YAY!!! I am so glad you've sorted the computer problem out and fed my addiction. My first thought was <<sigh, she really does look like a princess.>> The carriage is so special. Unfortunately it is not in the budget for us.

Aww, I'm sorry about the budget, we were so shocked at the time we got for the money but if you can get it, I really reallllly recommend it :)

Welcome back!!! You were sorely missed. Everything looks amazing, I got choked up reading about you and your dad, you truly are an amazing writer. I can't get over that carriage, how beautiful you look in it! I can't wait to hear more!

Thank you so much for reading ~ and I am trying so hard to update!!!

I (and my wife) have completely enjoyed, and been enthralled with your experience - and I am the sarcastic type that finds a dry joke in everything. Your pictures, even the duplicates, and your text are so real and heartfelt that it couldn't be helped that you have melted the ice around my heart.

Whatever your past challenges, I can actually feel the joy and love of this day that you and Gavin had and it makes feel good too. You may see yourself as a 'plain Jayne' but I think that I speak for a great number of people on this post when I say that you are a truly beautiful person.

When we're in Disney this month, I will be thinking of you as we visit the Coral Reef, Fultons and Le Cellier, and hoping that your day at home is at least half as good as ours will be!!!:goodvibes

Thank you so much for writing this, I am glad you enjoyed it ~ I have to say it is worrying opening your heart on a public forum. I am so relieved that people are so open minded and non-judgemental when they read things like wedding reports. It is soul-destroying when people trample on the memories you just wanted to share :(

I only got one chance to be a princess for the day, no matter how child-like and ridiculous it sounds to some people, and for the rest of my days I'll go back to being the plain Sara-Jayne I was before, and that's fine. Some people need to be in the limelight every day, I just wanted one day :) I got my childhood dream, and I can relive it in my mind forever :)

Thank you for your really lovely words, they made me smile so much. I hope that you're having the best time in Disney, I just wish I was back there :)

Hey Everyone,

:hug: Oh I am sorry hope everything is getting a bit better for you at home. If you have a look on the Disneyland Paris board people are putting xmas pictures up on there, I thought it cheer you up as I know your going soon:santa:

Hey Everyone,

ohhh :( hope you are ok and taking time out for yourself :hug:

sending you lots of :wizard:

cant wait for the update x x x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter