• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

Loving these! That one of Dyly just catches her entirely where she is looking upwards, so very Dyl :laughing:

You know I kept tearing up when I looked at you all pretty and a bride!!! Misty was fabulous with her Jude negotiations too, he is usually so guarded about taking off his glasses/hat/safety object of that day but he really took to her! (and thank goodness "ice bat" stayed in the room although i have many a picture of him should your TR require one later :laughing: )

Ha ha, Dylan has so many cute pictures, she will want them all on her wall!

I'm glad you were crying, ha ha ~ I have some photos of that too! Misty was fantastic with the kids ~ I loved her little songs :)

I would love a picture of Ice Bat ~ he really does need a mention!

I can not tell you how much I love this picture. I think it is my favorite wedding picture of all I've seen on here so far, or any where for that matter. Sure the posed shots are are beautiful, but this was a once in a lifetime, shot. :love: It's just such a sweet, endearing shot. It is so spontaneous. To top it off the lighting is perfect. Wow all I can say is ...Wow. I think if it was my wedding that picture alone would have been worth the package price. I have to show Df the pic when he get's home. Okay gonna stop gushing about it now.

Thank you, OoDeLally! I have many, many hundreds of spontaneous shots to come ~ Misty was fantastic at taking these, but she made sure we got all of the formal ones too. We gave her complete creative license and she was amazing. She even decided she loved our photos so much she used them on her site as a slideshow! :)
You like soooo pretty in your piccies, I really hope I look half as good when its my turn :)

You like soooo pretty in your piccies, I really hope I look half as good when its my turn :)

Thank you! :lovestruc I know you'll look fantastic! ;)

OMG your bouquet is huuuuuuge!!!!! I love it! and I love your bridesmaid's flowers too, they are beautiful, how much did you pay per BM bouquet if you don't mind me asking? I love your colours as well, I wanted pink and orange but I ended up with yellow after much thought.

Yellow is beautiful! My BM bouquets were $100 or thereabouts each. They were completely worth it and after much discussion, they did them EXACTLY as I designed, each flower was just where I had asked and each piece of grass too. I loved them! They too were very heavy.

Sara-Jayne, I'm also enjoying your report!! I am also an August Bride (August 8th to be exact...I think yours was right around there too) Any advice for an August Disney Bride??? Thanks!!! P.S. You looked stunning!

Hi there! Thank you for reading!

I was August 5th ~ and my advice is....it's going to be hot, hot, hot, wear a bikini! Only kidding. My advice would be to follow your heart, not your head (which will be filled with other people's opinions on what your wedding should be like). Drink plenty of water and don't forget to have breakfast. :)

How delighted am I.... just popped on for a nosey on the DIS and you've updated your TR!! All your photos are just beautiful..... you look stunning!! and OMG your bridal bouquet, I dont think I've ever seen one so big!!Its lovely!

Thank you! I did insist it had to be enormous! ;) I love flowers, sooo much. I would fill my house with them if I could. I once bought 9 bouquets when out shopping and filled the house with them....

OMG, your pictures have me crying! I have been married for a very long time, and to see such a beautiful, happy couple is so heart warming. I wish you a long, healthy, happy life together! :wizard:

Thank you so much. That means such alot to me. :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc Congratulations on your obviously very successful marriage ~ and secrets? :) :) :)

Hooray! I had to run around all day, the whole while thinking, I'll be Sara-Jayne is posting and I'm missing it! When I got home I had to cook dinner since I Shanghai'd my husband last night, I knew I wouldn't get away with it again tonight.:rotfl: I am absolutely floored by your pictures. Your bouquet is far and away the loveliest I have EVER seen! And you my dear are absolutely stunning! Misty certainly captured everyone's happiness! Both of your families are adorable, and your youngest neice, temper or not, I could just eat her up she's too cute - besides I usually favor the children with a bit more "spunk". One question though, how did Misty get Gavin (btw the grooms/men photos are incredible) to take off his Indy hat for the porch photos? ha ha

Ha ha ~ your poor husband. I made dinner for mine last night and he said "been posting all day, then?" I think he has me figured out.... :rotfl:

Thank you for all of your compliments! I think Misty is awesome. Just amazing! I had no idea what to expect and she was just a dream come true. So professional and so "on your team" if you know what I mean. She was there just for me, and she really showed it. She is a devoted photographer!

THAT HAT! Argh ~ it keeps coming back, wait and see. It follows me wherever I go. I am surprised he didn't have it photoshopped back on... :laughing:

Oh my gosh, I just started reading at the beginning. On our honeymoon in 1981 we ate here, only back then it was called "The Empress Lilly".!

Yes! It was like that in 1986 when I was there (10 years old!). It's amazing to have finally gotten in there!

your flowers are massive! when you said they were big you were not kidding! love the photos- so much so i am re-questioning who i would pick!
what time was your ceremony?

My ceremony was 10am because of the heat I wanted to be able to get married outside without anyone passing out! :)

I would choose Misty anyday ~ she is just the best. And the Roots. All of my photographers were simply stunning in their abilities and talent.

I LOVE this thread i LOVE your flowers I LOVE your tiara i LOVE the colour of gavins cravat i LOVE the detailing on your corset I LOVE your shoes he he I LOVE it when you update more more more

you can start writting your book when you finish this :)

Ha ha ha ~ Thank you, you made me laugh so much! I will update today and think about writing my book then ;) I'll mention you in the "thank you" page ;)

I am awake!

Now, before I continue today I must warn you that I am going to see my mum for two days and so there will be no updates until Saturday. So sorry! I thought I had better forewarn you so there are no shocks ;)

Well, back to my story...

Andrea and her family had some shots…

18130.jpg

Looking back at the photos this morning, I smiled because I just love how the colours turned out. I really wanted a light, bright wedding and the ice blue dresses looked so beautiful with the light ivory and the pinks and oranges. I really could not be happier!

Eventually we went back inside and it was time. It was time! Time to get married! I felt the adrenaline run through me like ice water through my veins and inside my heart. You would think I was scared, but it wasn’t fear I felt. I was filled with nervous excitement. This was finally it ~ the moment, the start, the beginning of our fairytale…

I had a secret that only Gav, Diane and I knew. We had hired Cinderella’s Carriage to take us to the ceremony. The carriage would wait out the front of the hotel and everyone else would go out the back. Now we joked at home so much about having the carriage and people kept saying “oh, you must” but we kept replying that it was just too expensive when we could just walk to the site. When I told them how much it cost and for how long, people seemed to accept that there would be no carriage. So, as far as everyone else knew, we were walking.

When it was time, Diane’s assistant took everyone out of the Yacht Club and out into the sunshine to walk towards the gazebo if they were guests, and through the Yacht Club to be stationed if they were bridesmaids or parents, ready for the aisle walk. Diane kept me, my dad and my two nieces back. She said she needed the girls for the flowers and everyone else seemed to accept that.

Saturday!?!You best give us lots to read today to make up for it LOL ;)

Saturday!?!You best give us lots to read today to make up for it LOL ;)
I'll try, MrsTigger! Gavin has taken the day to work at home (so he can see just how much posting I do, I think ~ he says it's so he can have lunch with me before I leave tonight.... Hmmm..... ;)

This is unfolding so nicely...

Like a plot! I'm so worried I will leave something out! For instance, I found photos last night of Gav at our rehearsal that I didn't post! *argh*

I'll try, MrsTigger! Gavin has taken the day to work at home (so he can see just how much posting I do, I think ~ he says it's so he can have lunch with me before I leave tonight.... Hmmm.....;)

Aww thats sweet of him :goodvibes LOL... OOOooo I cant wait to see the carriage pics and everyones faces.....

No update until Saturday? Oh no.
Why don't you call your Mom and tell her that you can't make it because you have to do your Wedding TR on the DIS Board? :lmao: :rotfl:

Hi Sarah-Jayne

Just want to say I have read most of the beginning of your TR, I just want to post to say I am reading, albeit slowly. I am having my kitchen stripped tomorrow and replasterd etc. I am here and I will get round to reading it all. I can't see any of the pics at work though. NASTY!!!

Enjoying it so far, will definitely have to say in one of those hotels at Heathrow, they look so cool!

Just wanted to make sure you hadn't thought I had forgot about you.:hug:

Aww thats sweet of him :goodvibes LOL... OOOooo I cant wait to see the carriage pics and everyones faces.....

I'm working on it! He has decided he wants jacket potatoes now for lunch.... tsk tsk!

No update until Saturday? Oh no.
Why don't you call your Mom and tell her that you can't make it because you have to do your Wedding TR on the DIS Board? :lmao: :rotfl:

I'll try ~ let's see how that flies ;) I'll give you my mum's number and you can call her... ha ha ha...

Hi Sarah-Jayne

Just want to say I have read most of the beginning of your TR, I just want to post to say I am reading, albeit slowly. I am having my kitchen stripped tomorrow and replasterd etc. I am here and I will get round to reading it all. I can't see any of the pics at work though. NASTY!!!

Enjoying it so far, will definitely have to say in one of those hotels at Heathrow, they look so cool!

Just wanted to make sure you hadn't thought I had forgot about you.:hug:

Hi Summer! I knew you were very busy, I have been reading yours but haven't had the chance to comment again yet! I shall though :) I hope your kitchen is going well, and your work too!

I can never see the photos at work either, it is so depressing!

Ha ha ha ~ Thank you, you made me laugh so much! I will update today and think about writing my book then ;) I'll mention you in the "thank you" page ;)

seriously really oh my god im excited

i love this report so much DFI was at football last night so i didnt see much of him but when i did all i talked about was your wedding and how amasing it was lol

i will deff be asking you for advice when we plan ours yours is sooooo perfect im so jealous keep up the good work x x x

We found the Coral Reef restaurant and checked in. We were guided towards the sofas and I was petrified that things would go wrong as I had heard so many times that people did not get their sign with the diver or whatever. So I made an excuse to go to the bathroom and on the way literally slinked against the wall to get back to the reservation desk. I checked that things were set and they were just lovely there. I must have looked panicked I think.

I returned to Gavin who was oblivious and had no idea that they even had divers like at this place, and soon after we were asked to follow the server to the restaurant floor.

We were holding hands and I was grinning from ear to ear, as the server led us to the front of the restaurant and seated us by the tank! I could not believe our luck!

Our server came over and congratulated us and gave us these... I loved how they had done them!

2008-08-02_124612.jpg

2008-08-02_124620.jpg

Gavin was so baffled but absolutely delighted, I have never seen him so surprised!

2008-08-02_124644.jpg

2008-08-02_124650.jpg

We took a couple of shots of the aquarium...

2008-08-02_125041.jpg

An Extra Person For Dinner

As we sat there, an extra guest floated in, right next to us!

2008-08-02_125059.jpg

2008-08-02_125117.jpg

2008-08-02_125137.jpg

2008-08-02_125143.jpg

2008-08-02_125240.jpg

2008-08-02_125345.jpg

Then our server comes over with free champagne!

2008-08-02_125402.jpg

2008-08-02_125409.jpg

2008-08-02_125422.jpg

2008-08-02_125445.jpg

Relief at Last

We ordered our meal and were patiently waiting for our New England Cod Cakes when I saw bubbles at the back of the tank. The turtle had swam away and I had the most strange, scared feeling in my stomach. Was it the diver? I was panicking in case this didn't go well ~ would I give it away, would I not get the camera ready? I made up some story about thinking I saw an eagle ray or something and when I saw him get closed, Gavin had his back to the diver and people started pointing to the aquarium.

Gavin turned around, and there was....

2008-08-02_130155.jpg

2008-08-02_130203.jpg

2008-08-02_130217.jpg

Gav's face was so amazing. I don't think he ever dreamed things like this could happen. We have had so much bad luck over the years together and everything was just like a dream come true.

2008-08-02_130411.jpg

We blew kisses and I mouthed thank yous to the diver, and our meal started to arrive. Everyone was cheering in the restaurant and we went quite pink!

2008-08-02_130449.jpg

Oh my gosh, you have me crying again! What you put on that card is the sweetest thing I have ever seen :sad1: :sad1: I think I can confidentily predict a very long and happy marriage ahead. :cloud9: :wizard:

Wow, just getting cuaght up now! Your dress, Gav in his tux, the FLOWERS! Everything is perfect. Really outstanding!!

I feel like I'm looking at a catalog! Too beautiful and you haven't even gotten to the ceremony yet :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter