The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

Yay! Updates!! :goodvibes

You looked AMAZING by the way..... I hope I look half as lovely when I get married in a year and a bit!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Thank you, Bob! You will look beautiful ~ you will glow! All Bobs do ;)

Seriously ~ I think everyone is beautiful on their wedding day. Love makes it happen. :)

So, after I had stood and stared at myself for a very long time we opened the door to one of Diane’s assistants, complete with head piece and clipboard. She had no idea which room we were in and was in panic mode on our Yacht Club floor. She practically leapt at us with an enormous smile and shouted into her headpiece “We have the Bride!” I felt like I was in a movie ~ I think it was the Wedding Planner ~ and she said we were needed downstairs to get our photos as Gavin was now cleared and secured in another area.

I headed for the elevator area and we met two families with little children at the lift. This was one of the most wonderful moments of the day, and it cost nothing at all. There were two little girls, dressed in Disney Princess costumes and flip flops. They smiled at me. They smiled the biggest, most magical, most hopeful smiles I could have imagined, and I smiled back.

It brings tears to my eyes to remember that moment. I wanted to tell them this was the day I never thought would come, that I never dreamed I could ever look like this, that I could not believe all of my dreams were coming true and that they should hold onto their dreams as tightly as they could and not let go because they would come true too. But I just smiled. One day those little girls will have my dream and there will be new little girls in their place.

I felt humbled inside because both me and the little girls had the same dream; to be a princess that day. I can’t describe what I mean when I say that ~ it just felt so special. I know when I was little I used to see brides and wonder what it would be like to grow up and be able to be a bride, and now someone was looking at me in the same way.

The families moved aside and offered me the elevator. I was so grateful, and thanked them profusely. The little girls waved at me and we descended ~ a compartment full of silk, flowers and dreams.

So, after I had stood and stared at myself for a very long time we opened the door to one of Diane’s assistants, complete with head piece and clipboard. She had no idea which room we were in and was in panic mode on our Yacht Club floor. She practically leapt at us with an enormous smile and shouted into her headpiece “We have the Bride!” I felt like I was in a movie ~ I think it was the Wedding Planner ~ and she said we were needed downstairs to get our photos as Gavin was now cleared and secured in another area.

I headed for the elevator area and we met two families with little children at the lift. This was one of the most wonderful moments of the day, and it cost nothing at all. There were two little girls, dressed in Disney Princess costumes and flip flops. They smiled at me. They smiled the biggest, most magical, most hopeful smiles I could have imagined, and I smiled back.

It brings tears to my eyes to remember that moment. I wanted to tell them this was the day I never thought would come, that I never dreamed I could ever look like this, that I could not believe all of my dreams were coming true and that they should hold onto their dreams as tightly as they could and not let go because they would come true too. But I just smiled. One day those little girls will have my dream and there will be new little girls in their place.

I felt humbled inside because both me and the little girls had the same dream; to be a princess that day. I can’t describe what I mean when I say that ~ it just felt so special. I know when I was little I used to see brides and wonder what it would be like to grow up and be able to be a bride, and now someone was looking at me in the same way.

The families moved aside and offered me the elevator. I was so grateful, and thanked them profusely. The little girls waved at me and we descended ~ a compartment full of silk, flowers and dreams.
You have such a beautiful way with words - and I know exactly what you mean - when I was little at weddings (and still kinda of now even) I was always too nervous to talk to the brides at weddings (even people I knew well!) as they just seemed so wonderful and magical that day!

I love the Converse. When my sister got married, the shoes she had picked out gave me blisters by the end of the ceremony!!!! Apparently she was aware this may happen and as all the bridesmades left the church she handed each of us a beautifully wrapped box and told us this was an additional bridesmaid gift, inside was the happiest sight my eyes had ever seen, a pair of monogrammed flip-flops (or thongs, whichever you prefer), so I can completely appreciate your worries about uncomfortable shoes. To be honest, I spent the entire ceremony thinking, "how am I going to get through the night in these shoes, they are about to bring tears to my eyes they hurt so badly." The Converse;) were a great idea!! Good foresight! The photos of Gavin getting ready are adorable, you should see if you can't find a frame that will allow you to put your getting ready photo on one side and his on the other so you can cherish each others joy (which by the way, show in both your eyes). I can't wait for more.... ;) Now I'm starting to worry, what am I going to do once your finished. :confused:

There were two little girls, dressed in Disney Princess costumes and flip flops. They smiled at me. They smiled the biggest, most magical, most hopeful smiles I could have imagined, and I smiled back.

...don't worry...;) they heard you loud and clear.

how cute, your story of meeting the little girls!! I'm sure they will remember it forever!!

The mickey cufflinks are so cute!! Where did you get them?

darn it!! i just read this whole thing, and of course it stops just short of the ceremony.

girl, you looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! on your wedding day! It's nice to see a fellow rugger clean up so nicely! :laughing:

You have such a beautiful way with words - and I know exactly what you mean - when I was little at weddings (and still kinda of now even) I was always too nervous to talk to the brides at weddings (even people I knew well!) as they just seemed so wonderful and magical that day!

Thank you :) I know, I never really know what to say to brides either! I just used to look and think "I wish that was me" and wonder what I would look like, what I would choose...

I love the Converse. When my sister got married, the shoes she had picked out gave me blisters by the end of the ceremony!!!! Apparently she was aware this may happen and as all the bridesmades left the church she handed each of us a beautifully wrapped box and told us this was an additional bridesmaid gift, inside was the happiest sight my eyes had ever seen, a pair of monogrammed flip-flops.

The photos of Gavin getting ready are adorable, you should see if you can't find a frame that will allow you to put your getting ready photo on one side and his on the other so you can cherish each others joy (which by the way, show in both your eyes). I can't wait for more.... ;) Now I'm starting to worry, what am I going to do once your finished. :confused:

Hello again! At my sister's wedding I had the same problem ~ I was limping after about 5 minutes! Urgh ~ it was awful! Your sister had a great plan :)

That's a great idea about the frame ~ the hard part about the photos is trying to decide which ones to frame, we have sooooo many (as you'll see ;))

Don't worry, my TR should last a while yet ~ I have 20 more days to cover, and we did so much.

After that, well, I'll see what I can do ;)

...don't worry...;) they heard you loud and clear.

Oh, thank you. I hope so... :lovestruc

You look stunning and the pics are beautiful! More please! :)

Thank you so much!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

how cute, your story of meeting the little girls!! I'm sure they will remember it forever!!

The mickey cufflinks are so cute!! Where did you get them?

I hope they remember me ~ I'll remember them! The cufflinks were from Arribas Brothers, I had them shipped to me from the website :)

darn it!! i just read this whole thing, and of course it stops just short of the ceremony.

girl, you looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! on your wedding day! It's nice to see a fellow rugger clean up so nicely! :laughing:

Sorry ~ I am getting there! There are so many photos to go through!

I like to think that even we rugby players, with a good scrubbing brush, can be pretty....when we need to be ;) I've had my day ;) It must be all that mud. Good for the skin ;)

Wow, I'm gone for one day and I get to come back to pages and pages of beautiful pictures and updates. I swear when I saw the first picture of you with your hair done and the tiara on I thought to myself, she looks like a princess. princess: She's so beautiful. :) This was before I read about your fears of not being pretty that day. You had nothing to worry about. You were rocking the regal princess look before you even stepped into that fabulous gown. When you put that gown on you didn't just took like a princess you looked like a bride. :bride: Brides are more fun to be then princesses because a bride has a groom. Not all princess have their prince.

So we exit the elevator and there are people milling everywhere, of course ~ but it felt like time stood still. The rest of my bridesmaids and the families and friends ~ everyone except Gavin and Garth (his brother) were in the lobby to the Yacht Club, waiting for me. This is completely untraditional but I never thought anything of it at the time ~ generally no one sees the bride (aside from mum and dad and bridesmaids) until the top of the aisle. Somehow it was more calming this way. Everyone was smiling at me and the Captain of the Yacht Club came over to congratulate me as I literally swept my way (the dress was even bigger when I tried to move) through the lobby.

My mum had my shoes and I started panicking that I would not be ready to go to the ceremony or ready for photos with Misty and Diane came over to explain to me what was going to happen. I wasn’t allowed to go outside for photos for a few minutes thankfully as they were still finishing with Gavin.

So, I started to get booted up ~ but my mum had to do it for me! I felt like I was a little girl, getting ready for school again. Remember when your mum used to put your shoes on and try and squeeze your uncooperative feet awkwardly into your new shoes? That was me! I had my little white socks on and I could barely see what was happening at the other end of me. I’m sure Cinderella was a lot more graceful when the Prince was fitting her slipper on…

115130.jpg

1151302.jpg

115131.jpg

115136.jpg

115132.jpg

1151322.jpg

1151082.jpg

115108.jpg

115107.jpg

1shoebw15135.jpg

1shoe15135.jpg

Wow, I'm gone for one day and I get to come back to pages and pages of beautiful pictures and updates. I swear when I saw the first picture of you with your hair done and the tiara on I thought to myself, she looks like a princess. princess: She's so beautiful. :) This was before I read about your fears of not being pretty that day. You had nothing to worry about. You were rocking the regal princess look before you even stepped into that fabulous gown. When you put that gown on you didn't just took like a princess you looked like a bride. :bride: Brides are more fun to be then princesses because a bride has a groom. Not all princess have their prince.

Hi OoDelally! I succumbed to peer pressure yesterday (and tried to avoid housework), sorry!

Thank you so much for your kind words. You are completely right about the bride part ~ I know how lucky I am to have my prince already. :grouphug:

I hope you enjoy the rest of my day, and thank you for reading!

Aww, you are so sweet. Honestly ~ I never normally look like that (as you have seen!). If only! I am Sara-Plain-Jayne in "real" life! :)

Shush shush! You look lovely all the time, you just looked double lovely on your wedding day!

Bob xoxox

More....... pretty pleassseeee with a raspberry on top!!:teeth:

Shush shush! You look lovely all the time, you just looked double lovely on your wedding day!

Bob xoxox

Bob, you are the nicest person ever. Thank you so much :) I will be waiting to say exactly the same over your wedding photos! :) Am I right in thinking that your H2B has long hair? Do you know Gavin generally does! He had it cut like a Disney Prince (for me ~ he does anything for me!) for the wedding... :)

Bob, you are the nicest person ever. Thank you so much :) I will be waiting to say exactly the same over your wedding photos! :) Am I right in thinking that your H2B has long hair? Do you know Gavin generally does! He had it cut like a Disney Prince (for me ~ he does anything for me!) for the wedding... :)

He certainly does.... It is much longer (and a million times thicker and shinier!) than mine....

Its funny you say that actually, I was looking at your pics of Gavin getting ready last night and I thought: "I bet he'd suit longer hair....".... Lol!

Bob xoxoxox

Oh, and I was only telling the truth about you! No need to say thanks for that! :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter