• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

You should be a wedding planner - you obviously had a vision and brought it to fruition! AWESOME!

I absolutely agree!

More more more more more moe more more more more please!

I totally agree!!

I agree!!! We need more...;)

I unequivocally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Enough housework for one day - get take-out for dinner... that's what I"m planning to do for my husband, when he asked me why, I told him the truth, my new DISboard friend Sara-Jayne is giving her wedding journal and I don't want to miss it. :cloud9: He was just about to interject when I added, "and if you push me on this, I'm sure I can find a good project for us both this evening, perhaps we can start cleaning out the garage if you think our time would be better spent that way." After giving me a facial expression similar to this: :scared1: , he backed right off. Mess with me will you? HA, I know how to fight dirty! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You are all very naughty and very persuasive!

MORE MORE MORE....cleaning can be done anytime!!! lol

:rotfl:

You look so beautiful... I love the photos of you and your mum in the mirror!

Thank you so much! :cloud9:

How have I missed this TR?!? It's amazing, I just read the whole thing all in one go! Can't wait to read more...

Thank you, I am giving in to peer pressure and hurrying to get some more to you all..... :wizard:

you should have just ordered of the internet for your shopping i need more please i been thinking about getting home to this thread all day x x

Sorry! :rotfl: I can't stand the thought of someone else grabbing at my food, lol....

Errrmmmmm aren't you back from Sainsbury's yet?????? :lmao:

Sara-Jayne, I admit I had a little cry when I was reading about how you felt before looking in the mirror the morning of your wedding. :sad1: You looked absolutely stunning!! The happiness was written all over your face and you were radiant :hug:

Ok, sloppy stuff over with!! Get Gav a take-away and lets go on the TR girl!!! :rotfl:

I got him pizza... I am a bad, baaaaddd wife.... All because of you ladies! :laughing:

More more more more more moe more more more more please!

I'm getting there, I promise!!!

Even though I was there and I have seen all of these photos it is so wonderful to read the emotions and thoughts you were having while we were watching everything that was going on. You looked so beautiful.

I can't wait to read the rest. :banana: ~love this guy lol. I am trying hard not to comment on things that haven't been posted yet lol.

Thank you, Melissa! It meant so much to have you there! I felt so wonderful that day ~ I just wish I could have been there for you like you were there for me.... but we have our vow renewals to go yet ;)

arent you back yet i cant takeit much longer i forgot to say earlier how amasing you look and just truley beautiful x x

I'm back, I'm back! Thank you for reading!

Even more of you naughty people! ;)

Thank you for reading, everyone!

You look so happy & pretty!!

Thank you, I felt like a princess for the day! :)

I agree!!! We need more...;)

I'm back, I'm getting to it, I promise!!!

double agreed.

Absolutely beautiful!!! You, the dress, the photos, everything!!

Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy I am that you have so many lovely things to say!

Oh my goodness you looked so beautiful! I love the corset on the back of your dress, it's so pretty!:bride:

Thank you! :) I loved the fact it was a corset, it felt even more princess-like!

Sara-Jayne! Your pictures are STUNNING!! However, your engagement pictures - where you had no make-up - were as well!! Your happiness radiates through your smile! I LOVE the dress - and the fact that your parents bought it for you with LOVE is incredible! I'm so glad you have made it to getting the dress on - can't wait to hear about what happens next! You should be a wedding planner - you obviously had a vision and brought it to fruition! AWESOME!

Aww, thank you for everything you said! I would love to be a wedding planner. I had so many visions of my wedding before I finally settled on MY one, perhaps I can share my others, lol!

I absolutely agree!

Thank you! ;)

I totally agree!!

You are sooo kind.... :cloud9:

I unequivocally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Enough housework for one day - get take-out for dinner... that's what I"m planning to do for my husband, when he asked me why, I told him the truth, my new DISboard friend Sara-Jayne is giving her wedding journal and I don't want to miss it. :cloud9: He was just about to interject when I added, "and if you push me on this, I'm sure I can find a good project for us both this evening, perhaps we can start cleaning out the garage if you think our time would be better spent that way." After giving me a facial expression similar to this: :scared1: , he backed right off. Mess with me will you? HA, I know how to fight dirty! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ha, ha ~ I read this one out to Gavin. "Poor man" he said.... ;) Cleaning the garage is a project Gav is allllll too familiar with.... ;)

Okay, I am back!

Poor Gavin. I shoved a pizza in the oven, made some cookies as fast as I could and got back to photo sorting. When he asked what I was up to, I told him I was sorting my wedding photos. That worked. He’s sat in silence now, pretending to concentrate on the television….

I also got some with my sister... She's putting my necklace on but it slid to the side so it looks like she's going to strangle me! :) I love these too though, she looks so pretty!

1Sister.jpg

1Sisterbw.jpg

1SisterdoingNeclace.jpg

1Sistersepia.jpg

11015.jpg

115096.jpg

115097.jpg

1150972.jpg

115098.jpg

115099.jpg

1150992.jpg

So back to my story… As I was having the air sucked out of me with my corset, and knowing how much I loved tiny details, Misty and Nelio were snapping away and I love the shots they got of my perfume with us in the background…

1Channel7778.jpg

1Channel777.jpg

1Channel214.jpg

1Channel21.jpg

1Channel2.jpg

1Channel.jpg

11011.jpg

115083.jpg

115084.jpg

My mum was the expert at lacing my dress up, having attended all of my fittings, and she got straight to work! I was so worried that it would not be laced up in the correct place that the first place my hands went were to my breasts, as we all saw earlier. How delightful...how princess-like! :woohoo:

So, here was the back of my dress. I could not see this, I just hoped they had done it right and it looked pretty! All I could hear was my mum complaining jokingly that my sister had HER hands in the photo when my mum had done all of the work in lacing me up. So, here are the “fake” photos of my sister, being congratulated on a job not done by her….

Finally I was all laced up! I could breathe, too! I was in shock! I heard of so many stories (including my sister when she got married in her enormous and breathtaking red velvet creation ~ breathtaking in more than one way!) where the bride could not breathe, could not eat…. Well, not for me! I had planned the food to the last mouthful and I was determined to eat some of it. Okay, a lot of it. Fine….. as much as I could of it.

1Dress.jpg

1Dress2.jpg

1Dress245.jpg

1Dress24.jpg

11012.jpg

115086.jpg

115087.jpg

115088.jpg

1150882.jpg

So I was still trying to ignore Jeffrey. I found that really hard! I felt so rude and impolite! Anyway, they finally finished and I was all in. I looked down at myself.

All fitted in, the dress felt enormous and I felt like a bride. A scared bride, but a bride. This feeling I will remember for the rest of my life. I always dreamed of one day being a bride (like most little girls) but most times in my life, I’ve found that when I have worked really hard to get something, it doesn’t feel like you hope it should when you get there. Like Christmas. I love Christmas and I work really hard to make it feel Christmassy but when the day arrives just lately, I feel nothing. Or birthdays. I feel nothing. Perhaps because I expect to feel the same way that I did when I was a child; I still want to hold on to that magic. I was petrified that when this day came I would feel nothing and just be stood there, dressed up and empty inside. But I didn’t. I felt like a bride. I felt the magic I had missed for so long. I could feel my dreams coming true inside.

Yay theres more! Lovely photos of you and your sister you both look beautiful!

So, I had my dress on, I had my Kirsty Kelly necklace for Disney Fairytale Weddings on, I had my teardrop earrings that I had searched everywhere to match the necklace AND my tiara, and my Cinderella Swarovski bracelet. I was completely covered in Swarovski crystal (they covered my dress too!) My beautiful tiara was already on my head. I love my tiara. It’s like nothing I had ever seen before. I bought it before I chose my dress. I just knew it was the one for me. So, I was ready! Well, nearly.

Once everything was in place on my head and my arm, I swapped my engagement ring to my other hand and we found my garters. My sister had to put them on for Misty to take pictures, I am sure I have scarred her mentally in some way.

115102.jpg

115101.jpg

115100.jpg

Cinderella Slippers....

After that it was time to have photos of my pretty little shoes that I had searched so long for…. My mum got the Benjamin Adams shoes out, and the two other pairs I had with me for our dance and an optional other pair…

…..and then I broke it to my mum. I wasn’t going to be wearing these shoes after these photos. When I got downstairs I was changing into my real wedding shoes. My dad laughed and my sister said “Oh no. No. You’re kidding me.” Then I pulled out my white pillowcase and Misty shrieked! She lined up the three pairs of wedding shoes I had with me and snapped away again. My real wedding shoes, the ones I was going to wear (and was so glad I did when I gained NO blisters at all that day) were high-topped white and gold, Swarovski-embellished (by me) Converse. They were beautiful. I used to wear these all of the time when I was a teenager and then when I went to University. I felt it only fitting given my obsession with the 80’s that I should wear them. I spent sooooo long sticking these little gems on with "No More Nails" and hiding them from Gav...

1Shoes.jpg

11003.jpg

115024.jpg

115025.jpg

However, before I put these on, I had some photos with my delicate shoes. I do love these, I just could not see myself walking very far in them and surviving and again my phobia of falling over resurfaced. I also am notorious for getting blisters after wearing ridiculous shoes and so there was a distinct chance that wearing the little shoes would mean I would suffer for the rest of the honeymoon. Please don't judge my poor feet ~ they played rugby for many years and suffered many injuries.... :rotfl:

1151062.jpg

115106.jpg

115104.jpg

1151032.jpg

115103.jpg

1shoebw15105.jpg

1shoevintage15105.jpg

1shoe15105.jpg

Now, across town (and when I say "town" I mean "across the corridor and around the corner") a very handsome young man was getting up (albeit a good few hours later than we had) and getting himself ready…
1151252.jpg

115125.jpg

115124.jpg

11020.jpg

1Mirrortie245.jpg

1Mirrortie.jpg

1Mirrortie2.jpg

1Mirrortie24.jpg

Yay! Updates!! :goodvibes

You looked AMAZING by the way..... I hope I look half as lovely when I get married in a year and a bit!

Bob xoxoxoxox

…and he was finally ready!

11023.jpg

1mirror16003.jpg

1mirrorvintage16003.jpg

1mirrorbw16003.jpg

1mirrorspot16003.jpg

1GroomMirror.jpg

1GroomMirrorbw.jpg

1GroomMirrorCE.jpg

1GroomMirrorsepia.jpg

1hatbw16000.jpg

1hatspot16000.jpg

1hat16000.jpg

Gavin later told me that he too, felt amazing. He never felt better or more confident in all of his life. I can’t tell you how happy those words made me feel because Gavin has been such a rock and such a constant source of love in my life. He has never given up on me, has survived all of my sulks (and I survived his grumps!) and has never, ever waivered in his devotion to me. He needed this day to be perfect as much as I did. I wanted so badly for him to shine, and for the light to be on him for a change.

Haha I LOVE that you wore Converse's under your dress, such a great idea!!

When I was a bridesmaid for my sister as soon at the photos had been taken-my trainers came out, my feet were killing LOL

As you may have guessed from the photos, Gav has a very comical sense of humour ;)

See that hat? THAT HAT? That Indiana Jones hat followed me everywhere ~ I tried to kill it off in Discovery Cove (as you will see later in the report) but it rose from the dead to carry on.... Anyway, as he knew I was powerless to stop him, he of course wore it down the aisle.... ;) "Why?" You're probably thinking... When you see our order of service, you'll understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter