• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

awww i am the biggest fan of cinderellas royal table now (i got engaged there last tuesday).i am so in love with this thread i think you should write a book x x x

Congratulations! How exciting to be proposed to there! How romantic... :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Shall I write a book? Ha ha. I've always wanted to ;)

I've been following your TR and just wanted to say I'm really enjoying it...cant wait to hear more!...

Thank you! I'll update later, I promise. Thank you for reading! :wizard:

Then Gav had the lamb! He loved it.

2008-08-04_181140.jpg

2008-08-04_181213.jpg

And I had the lavender chicken. It sounded so intriguing so I got it. It was delicious!

2008-08-04_181202.jpg

Delicious, of course ~ until I smiled at Gav and he said “Er, Mogwai, you have spinach in your teeth.” I was mortified! I had to run to the royal bathroom to extract the offending spinach… How embarrassing!

Then Suzy and Perla came out and gave me a hug!

2008-08-04_183218.jpg

We ordered dessert and then the Fairy Godmother came out and did her song. She asked for anyone celebrating and Gavin, usually a quiet man, yelled out “We’re getting married in the morning!!!” and the Fairy Godmother sang the celebration song and everyone cheered for us! I was like a little child in a sweet shop!

2008-08-04_183535.jpg

As the desserts came, they announced that the family sat in the middle of the restaurant had won the night at the castle ~ and we all cheered loudly. The family however, were as glum as can be! They sort of grimaced at everyone and barely spoke to each other whilst we were watching them. If that had been me that had won, I would have been leaping up and down shouting “I won, I won!!” (Which is probably why I will never win it ~ I’ll explode with excitement!) Anyway, shocked at their lack of enthusiasm, we returned to the chocolatey dessert…

2008-08-04_183553.jpg

Oh my, it was good… We went to pay and the server reminded me that I had already paid when I booked ~ oops! Then they presented us with the Cinderella’s Royal Table Flutes! How generous of them! We carried them as carefully as we could back to the Yacht Club. Gav was overflowing with happiness ~ he could not believe where he had been!

Here’s a sepia photo Misty took of our flutes…

sepiaa.jpg

The rest of the night I have no photos for. Firstly we returned to our joint room and whilst I sat on the balcony, Gav sat inside and we wrote our vows. It took me about an hour and they were genuine, from my heart and I cried when I wrote them. I knew when I cried that I was saying the right things. We had grand plans of writing them months ago but we just seemed never to find the right time. This was eventually it.

When we were finished, we tried to find my family and could not and so we had a little swim in the sandy bottomed pool, rode the waterslide and took it easy for the last half an hour before we went in, got changed and Gav went to settle into his own room.

There seemed to be a million things to do before I could go to bed and everything started to get to me. I had originally decided to stay on my own the night before the wedding for fear that someone would snore but I was getting all worked up over everything and my sister volunteered to come and stay with me for the night and leave Dave in charge of the children. I eventually was ready to start unpacking my things when I got a call from a bridesmaid who wanted to change the time of her hair appointment. There was alot of drama about this that I won't bore you all with, but let's just say I didn't need it...

I finished transferring all of the things to Gav’s room where his brother and girlfriend were already asleep (we’d planned to be asleep hours ago :confused: ) and I said goodnight to Gav. He told me not to panic and I cried on him. I felt so bad, this was supposed to be a wonderful time, not a sorrowful one. I told him what had happened and he took a deep breath. Tomorrow would be different he assured me.

So I hugged Gav and returned to my room. My sister and I had a chat and I painted my toenails silver to match my crystals with my favourite Hard Candy polish. I changed into my new pyjamas (we always had new pyjamas at Christmas when we were little so that Santa would see us clean and tidy and so I thought this was another good excuse for some ~ after all, I might be photographed in them! :laughing: ) and we climbed into bed. I bit my lip and fell asleep at around midnight, in between talking to my sister. I had a restless night with cystitis (I get this when I am stressed :confused: :confused: :confused: ) and pains in my stomach. I was so upset all night and tossed and turned. “Why me?” I kept thinking ~ of all the nights to feel poorly, this was not a good one! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Oh dear! Not to offend your bridesmaid, but what was she thinking? The LAST thing you do is rock the brides boat, especially the night before or day of the wedding. Ugh, sometimes people can be so thoughless...:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Oh dear! Not to offend your bridesmaid, but what was she thinking? The LAST thing you do is rock the brides boat, especially the night before or day of the wedding. Ugh, sometimes people can be so thoughless...:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Ahhh, PLENTY of that happened, but it's okay. I had the most wonderful day, ever.

You know I shall probably remember those middle of the night conversations forever!

(David however shall probably remember the lack of sleep from a Loki who refused to sleep more than 20 minutes all night :laughing: )

And yes... the hair drama! Like we needed that last minute!

You know I shall probably remember those middle of the night conversations forever!

(David however shall probably remember the lack of sleep from a Loki who refused to sleep more than 20 minutes all night :laughing: )

And yes... the hair drama! Like we needed that last minute!

Oh yes ~ although in my brain I am editing the not so fun parts :) No more misery for me!

I'm still sorting the photos for the wedding day ~ I have sooooooo many!

Sure! I have the rest of the day to myself - why not? I'd love to see them! :rotfl: Just kidding. I am rather anxious though, your tr makes us all feel like we're there!

Edit away i say, there was many, many, many more happy parts than the occasional blip!

I'm loving the chance to fill in the gaps of what we missed before we arrived and in between (I had no idea about the fire alarm- David never mentioned it!... trust him! He is most impressed he was the only one to arrive complete with pants and socks- he said to remind you of that... best brother in law :laughing: pants, socks, right tie... need he go on?)

Sure! I have the rest of the day to myself - why not? I'd love to see them! :rotfl: Just kidding. I am rather anxious though, your tr makes us all feel like we're there!

LOL, thank you! I'll get as many on here as I can :) I'm really, truly so glad you're enjoying the TR. I'm really having fun writing it, it's actually helping to banish the post-wedding blues :)

Edit away i say, there was many, many, many more happy parts than the occasional blip!

I'm loving the chance to fill in the gaps of what we missed before we arrived and in between (I had no idea about the fire alarm- David never mentioned it!... trust him! He is most impressed he was the only one to arrive complete with pants and socks- he said to remind you of that... best brother in law :laughing: pants, socks, right tie... need he go on?)

Ah, yes ~ there was so much Gav and I did! Tell Dave he is listed as Best BIL in my address book, lol. There are amazing photos of all of you to come!

Can't believe he never mentionned the fire alarm ~ he had to climb all those stairs with us! He nearly had to get anged in the Yacht Club convention room!

LOL, thank you! I'll get as many on here as I can :) I'm really, truly so glad you're enjoying the TR. I'm really having fun writing it, it's actually helping to banish the post-wedding blues :)

Ahh, but now you get to look forward to planning the vow renewal! ;)

Yeah, I guess it is a little soon to let him in on it, but that doesn't mean you can't start planning!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter