The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone actually been on that path? and is it faily smooth? reason I ask we were at POP in sept. but i was not able to run again yet. I had ACL reconstruction surgey at the end of June so i couldn't run yet... But i have been cleared for smooth surfaces and I will be in training for football come dec when we go again... So i just wanted to see if anyone had been on it so i know what to expect... thanks

Has anyone actually been on that path? and is it faily smooth? reason I ask we were at POP in sept. but i was not able to run again yet. I had ACL reconstruction surgey at the end of June so i couldn't run yet... But i have been cleared for smooth surfaces and I will be in training for football come dec when we go again... So i just wanted to see if anyone had been on it so i know what to expect... thanks

It's a smooth wide sidewalk. Since you are cleared for smooth surfaces you should be fine. Good luck on your recovery.

Hi all- great info on this thread. Thanks to all.

We are making our first trip to The Pop on Nov. 8th (myself, 11 year old DD and 13 year old DD) and their birthdays will occur during our stay.

I have a couple questions, if anyone has any answers...

I want to request a floor room, 60's section, facing the pool. Does anyone know if this is a "preferred room" section? It seems everyone says fax your requests a few days before you arrive?

Will the cake people deliver a cake to your room, if you ask? (provided you buy a cake, which I will) I should call that order in about 2 weeks before our arrival?

My kids LOVE arcades- and their arcade looks right up my kids' alley. How long will $25 last? (Because that's the limit!!) $25 each, for the stay.

Is the Pop known to be busy/crowded the beginning of November? (Nov. 8-12) I think it's a slower season, in general, right?

TIA to anyone who answers any of my questions!

Denise

60's poolside is preferred, but to me worth it.

As for the arcade, we went last trip and I have no clue what we spent but it wasn't much. For us, if we want the kind of experience the nwe go to chuke cheese or some other place with games. I don't mind a small time there but spednign mega money in an arcade is a waste in my opinion. The prizes were junk just like Chuck E cheeses too. LOL! I think settting a limit of 25 is just fine. They will pick and chose what they do more wisely.

We will be staying at POP 12/16- 12/21. We stayed at POP one night on a previous vacation before checking in CBR. To be honest, POP was not my 1st choice but it was good for the budget. From what I have read on the board, POP may be close to full on our dates and I am concerned about the "loudness" of the resorts and the buses. Like many posters mention, we don't need any special room or perks just a "Quiet" place to sleep and a shower. So I guess, I'm asking for your opinions/reassurance that we will get some rest and it won't be miserable on the buses. My boys are 9 & 3 and they are not happy campers when they don't sleep. By the way, we will have a car so we could drive to the parks but the boys like riding on the buses at least a few times.

We stayed 60's first floor poolisde last trip and I never had one issue with noise. We were the in March.

As for buses, if you going during the busy times of day, morning or evening, then it will be busy. I don;t think there is any getting around it. They pack the buses full. Standing too. Only during the day when poeple are basically already at the parks is the bus pretty much open. My DD actually thinks its fun to stand though. What a fool!

I think settting a limit of 25 is just fine.
Even though I don't have children I agree. Why spend a load of money on an arcade when you are at WDW and probably already spent a bunch of $$$ on a trip and souvenirs...wait does that make me a bad future parent? :confused3

Even though I don't have children I agree. Why spend a load of money on an arcade when you are at WDW and probably already spent a bunch of $$$ on a trip and souvenirs...wait does that make me a bad future parent? :confused3

Quite the opposite! That makes you a future GOOD parent! (IMO)

My kids LOVE arcades- and their arcade looks right up my kids' alley. How long will $25 last? (Because that's the limit!!) $25 each, for the stay.
Denise

As for the arcade, we went last trip and I have no clue what we spent but it wasn't much. For us, if we want the kind of experience the nwe go to chuke cheese or some other place with games. I don't mind a small time there but spednign mega money in an arcade is a waste in my opinion. The prizes were junk just like Chuck E cheeses too. LOL! I think settting a limit of 25 is just fine. They will pick and chose what they do more wisely.

Quite the opposite! That makes you a future GOOD parent! (IMO)
We've stayed @Pop 3xs now and I don't think we've once stepped into the arcade and we have a 10yo son! :scratchin
There are enough other things to do around Pop...:cool2:
your @WDW for heavens sake....:cloud9:
you can go to Chuck E Cheese when you get home...:idea:
save the $$$ for a nice souvenir :thumbsup2

My child got $25 to spend in the arcade one trip and it lasted him about 2 hours in total. I figured we were there to enjoy the parks and atmosphere not the arcade room. he never even asked to go to the arcade on our second trip. He liked swimming much more and it was free. lol

I'm sure everyone has there own ways or opinions, but I agree. When at WDW we are there for the parks and dining and all the other fun. Arcades aren't that fun to us on a vacation. My older son (he's 19 now) loved arcades, but I rarely ever let him on vacation. He had some of his own spending money and was allowed to do whatever with it, but learned fast that if you wasted it, You didn't get stuff you wanted later on. I did just try to avoid arcades as well. I know things were probably a bit cheaper then too, but if I did give money, it was only a few bucks tops.

Anyone know how deep the pools are at POP?

First of all :welcome: to the boards!

From post #1 of this thread:
Three main pools include Hippy Dippy Flower, Computer, and Bowling Pin pools
  • all are heated and maintained at 82 degrees Fahrenheit
  • edges of each pool are shallow and become deeper as you get to the center, getting no deeper than 4'9"
  • no diving in any pool is permitted

Anyone know how deep the pools are at POP?

I just looked in the first post on page 1 of this thread. It says pools at POP are no deeper than 4' 9" at the center. The are shallow at the edges and get deeper towards the center.

I see you're a new poster on the DIS.. Welcome! pixiedust: Be sure to read the very first post on page one of this thread... theres tons of great info about POP! just about anything you'll need to know.

Does anyone know if there are ironing boards in the rooms at Pop? We leave tomorrow at noon and my DH is freaking out about wrinkled clothes! :lmao:

3"Mouse"keteers;28208203 said:
Does anyone know if there are ironing boards in the rooms at Pop? We leave tomorrow at noon and my DH is freaking out about wrinkled clothes! :lmao:

Yes, there are ironing boards and irons in the rooms. Check out Post #1 for everything there is to know about Pop. Have a great trip!

3"Mouse"keteers;28208203 said:

I hope you are going to make him iron his own! ;)

We've stayed there the last 2 years for 2 weeks at a time and there's alot for kids to do besides arcade games - from ping pong to pools to games. They often have activites for the children to do - especially for the afternoons. I would suggest the pools are the best! :)

We will be staying at POP 12/16- 12/21. We stayed at POP one night on a previous vacation before checking in CBR. To be honest, POP was not my 1st choice but it was good for the budget. From what I have read on the board, POP may be close to full on our dates and I am concerned about the "loudness" of the resorts and the buses. Like many posters mention, we don't need any special room or perks just a "Quiet" place to sleep and a shower. So I guess, I'm asking for your opinions/reassurance that we will get some rest and it won't be miserable on the buses. My boys are 9 & 3 and they are not happy campers when they don't sleep. By the way, we will have a car so we could drive to the parks but the boys like riding on the buses at least a few times.

We have not had a problem with noise. But both Pop stays we were not near the pools, and I think that helps. Make sure you list "quiet, away from pools" as a request, and that should help!

In my own opinion I prefer driving to the parks. Last year during our visit we tryed out the buses to get between parks and DTD. I was miserable. The days we did drive our car were great. We had free reign of when we wanted to leave and at the end of the night we weren't stuck fighting other people for a spot on the bus. But that is just one guys opinion. This is going to be my first time staying at POP and my only concern is the hike to the parking lot. I really don't mind walking but when I am with the wife I usually get stuck carrying all the bags... :lmao:

We requested "Closest to Classic Hall and parking lot" and got a lovely location on the back side of the Lady Building, only a few rooms down from the preferred, and with a parking lot only a few feet away.

That said, we have a 15 passenger van, so dh prefers to let Disney drive when we are there! LOL

We have had very little problems with the buses.

Happy planning everyone! :wizard:

Thanks DisneyMom5! I did request "quite" on our room request but didn't think about asking for "away from pools" or "close to parking lot." I will add those to our room request. Thanks again.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how far in advance we should leave the POP to get to the parks on time for opening? When we were staying at the Double Tree near DTD last year we left an hour ahead of time and that gave us enough time to park the car and we usually waited about 30 minutes for the gates to open? I know where POP is located I just never really been down to that part of the resort. I have seen the mileage charts but kind of wanted to know peoples personal experiences with driving?

Hi again everyone.

I've read there is an in room babysitting service for a fee, and was wondering what the rules were for that? Has anyone ever used it?

It says a 4 hour minimum so assume you don't have to stay in the resort?

I know it's a family place, but as a single mum, it would be nice to use this just once to have some time alone, sitting by the pool, going for a walk, or managing to get on the rides I wouldn't normally be able to with a 3 and very small 6 year old lol

So does anyone have any suggestions on how far in advance we should leave the POP to get to the parks on time for opening? When we were staying at the Double Tree near DTD last year we left an hour ahead of time and that gave us enough time to park the car and we usually waited about 30 minutes for the gates to open? I know where POP is located I just never really been down to that part of the resort. I have seen the mileage charts but kind of wanted to know peoples personal experiences with driving?

I always plan an hour. (using buses)
Epcot doesn't require as long, but MK really does. Figure in parking, tram, boat or monorail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter