The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 4! ~ Posts #1, #2 & #3 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back from Pop on Tuesday and I have to share-- we walked past this room on the way to ours and their windows were so awesome, I took pictures. I know it was a Dis boarder so I'm hoping they step forward and take credit for their amazing work!

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

and the room number

IMG_0353.jpg

Just got back from our 1st trip to Disney. A few thoughts on our stay at POP ....

Requested room #4458 and got #4457. We were only "home" two nights to watch fireworks from the balcony but we could see a ton of fireworks from Wishes and some from Illuminations. We even saw a few from Fantasmic. I'm not kidding. It was pretty cool. My girls (6 and 8) were thrilled. I wasn't expecting to see as much as I did. Very pleasant surprise. Many commented on only being able to see the high fireworks of Illuminations, but I don't know if there was ever mention of Wishes.

We were in room 4450 on one of our stays and I thought that was a great location (that whole "wing"). Like you, we could see all 3 fireworks locations -- but especially Illuminations. We thought that room location was better than some of the preferred locations that people paid more money for. It had great views during the day and at night, was a quiet location, and was close to both the pool and the main building. I'd love to have that location again. Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Which building is this so I can call tomorrow and request it? We are heading to POP for the first time in 10 days!!! :yay:

Have to agre with jcarwash, online check in was way better than the regular line this time !! When we arrived on the 19th the regular line was HUGE. DD gave a sigh and then saw me head to the online check in. We were done in minutes and we got exactly what we wanted and more . 60's 2nd floor facing the pool and connecting rooms !!! Best assignment yet !!!!!!!

Have to agre with jcarwash, online check in was way better than the regular line this time !! When we arrived on the 19th the regular line was HUGE. DD gave a sigh and then saw me head to the online check in. We were done in minutes and we got exactly what we wanted and more . 60's 2nd floor facing the pool and connecting rooms !!! Best assignment yet !!!!!!!

Rosie - did you put those requests on your original ressie and did you call ahead or fax before you left? I have my requests on my original reservation, I am trying to decide if I should do online check in. It sounds like you can still ask for a different room if you don't like your assignment?

Rosie - did you put those requests on your original ressie and did you call ahead or fax before you left? I have my requests on my original reservation, I am trying to decide if I should do online check in. It sounds like you can still ask for a different room if you don't like your assignment?

I originally requested 60's preferred, with ADJOINING rooms !! I decided at the last minute, like 2 days before we left, to do online check in, the last time I did it I waited longer and did get pretty much what I requested , and from that I have learned not to give choices of say 50's 60's and 70's . When you really want 60's !!:lmao: Yes you most defnately can request a different room, I didn't need to as ours was perfect !!!

Which building is this so I can call tomorrow and request it? We are heading to POP for the first time in 10 days!!! :yay:

I believe the first number is the building second number is floor then the room number. Building 4, 4th floor, room 57.

Yes, exactly. Bluilding 4, 4th floor, room #. You'll want to request a room number between 49-60 so you're facing Epcot. We could see Illuminations and Fantasmic without leaving our room. To see Wishes (the least "viewable" show -- they're pretty far away), we had to go outside and look to the left.

Here's a link to the map from the first page of this thread that shows you the room number layouts for each floor.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24421892&postcount=1219

Just back from Pop last night !!! They have added lots of activities for the kids . I heard it started about 3 weeks ago !! Every night there is a Disney movie on a huge screen !I saw it in front of the Hippy Hoppy pool and on the grass in front of the foodcourt and even on the Goofy Jet Streams (which are not working) Also have Pool games all day long and a Pop Parade thru the lobby in the evening !! There well be more that I didn't see, but these are great additions !! Pop as always was GREAT!!

We just returned too and thought there was a ton of activities for the kids that they didn't have a few Yrs back.
We found the resort to be very clean and not overly crowded even though they said they were sold out.
We would def go back!

We were traveling with another party and when we checked in the CM told us we would be next door...but it turned out when we got in our rooms...we were 3 buildings away. We didn't complain and just settled in our given rooms. Other than that, there were no issues.

That's exactly what I have requested as well :thumbsup2 Love that section.

Can anyone tell me - do they have flavored creamer for the coffee?

We left POP on Sunday (Aug 27th). My DW is the coffee drinker, she didn't see any flavoured creamer there.

:stitch:

We left POP on Sunday (Aug 27th). My DW is the coffee drinker, she didn't see any flavoured creamer there.

:stitch:

They definately don't have any DD was bemaoning the fact !! Suggest you pack powdered creamer in your favorite flavor !! All I saw was the liquid regular cream in the pump machines !!

That's exactly what I have requested as well :thumbsup2 Love that section.

Can anyone tell me - do they have flavored creamer for the coffee?

No flavored creamer. To help with the coffee (ick) I put a little hot chocolate in my mug before adding the coffee - sort of a *mocha coffee* thing..seems to take the edge off. ;)

No flavored creamer. To help with the coffee (ick) I put a little hot chocolate in my mug before adding the coffee - sort of a *mocha coffee* thing..seems to take the edge off. ;)

That's what I did last time - it's not bad.

Thanks for the info on the creamer - I may have to pack some.

Just got back 8/27 (waaah! I'm so sad already) and we were in rooms 9154 and 9155 in the 80s section in one of the Pac Man/Rubik's Cube buildings. Our building faced out towards the 90s parking lots, but our rooms actually opened into a little landscaped courtyard area between our building and one of the 70s buildings. At first I was worried that it wasn't an ideal location, especially because we were on the ground floor - BUT it actually turned out to be great. No real foot traffic, so no problems with people walking past and being loud. Was a quick walk to the buses and to the bus-side entrance of Everything Pop. And just a quick walk to the backside of the building to use the computer pool, which I much preferred to the Hippy Dippy pool.

Just got back 8/27 (waaah! I'm so sad already) and we were in rooms 9154 and 9155 in the 80s section in one of the Pac Man/Rubik's Cube buildings. Our building faced out towards the 90s parking lots, but our rooms actually opened into a little landscaped courtyard area between our building and one of the 70s buildings. At first I was worried that it wasn't an ideal location, especially because we were on the ground floor - BUT it actually turned out to be great. No real foot traffic, so no problems with people walking past and being loud. Was a quick walk to the buses and to the bus-side entrance of Everything Pop. And just a quick walk to the backside of the building to use the computer pool, which I much preferred to the Hippy Dippy pool.

I have a weird question for you. :) Did they play 80s/90s music at the computer pool? The couple of times we were there, there was no music at the computer pool, and I love 80s music.

I have a weird question for you. :) Did they play 80s/90s music at the computer pool? The couple of times we were there, there was no music at the computer pool, and I love 80s music.

We never heard any music there - only at hippy dippy.

Thanks for the info. They should play music there. It would add a lot of atmosphere to the computer pool.

My husband would disagree, as the main reason why he preferred hanging out at a pool other than the Hippy Dippy pool was because there was no music and it was quieter.

Coffee- is the only option in the food court still Sanka? If they now have "real" coffee my DW and I will be so much happier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter