• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the second post about the concierge guy. Can someone elaborate please.

Someone else has complained about concierge???:confused3

My first trip to Chef Mickeys, I was confused as the best route. When I asked he laughed at me. He told me to take the monorail at MK. I asked him where the monorail was compared to the bus stops. He then looked at me and said 'I guess I'll get you a map'. very snotty like.
The next day i got a wonderful lady at concierge who helped me with a Yak and Yeti ressie.
Then that Saturday, we thought we would look into fishing. Well, if you look up at the sign above the desk, it says 'dining and recreation'. So we unfortunatly got this guy again. I asked if he could give us some help with the fishing. And he said 'well, I dont know anything about that, you need to call this number'. At that point, I was like, whatever.... He wasnt going to help me with anything. The young lady I spoke with was helpful and great. This guy just didnt like his job or soemthing.:sad2:

Hey, LovinPooh -- I was looking at your pix on the Pop Pix thread, and I was scouring that one bus stop picture to see if my family was in it, lol. What day was that from?
I'm pretty sure we were there around the same time (2/5-2/12)!

We are now at the Airport Hotel in Nova Scotia and its a big snow-storm here. I can't wait to get to Pop and enjoy some warmth, no snow, no ice (other than in my drinks), and the nice sun. Leaving in the AM as long as the weather permits!!

Have fun! I hope you get out without delay! The storm seems to have quieted over here, and I think it's supposed to finish in NS before here! Good luck.

For the Gal going alone, I go with just myself and DS often and what we did at first was to ask for a room facing the courtyard. For safety I wanted to be out where others would be when leaving and returning to the room. This worked well for us till we got comfortable with the resort.

If it makes you feel any better there is no longer anywhere that would make me uncomfortable alone. I have a friend who goes alone all the time and her favorite place is way in back by the lake where it has a more secluded feel.

You will be safe just make sure you are always aware of your surroundings and anyone near you and you will be fine.

Well I just want to be somewhere if something happened I could get some help. Im a young girl (19) and I'm travelin by myself. Now Im a big girl and could harm someone if they tried to do anything, (Not that they will) Just incase. But I want to be where I'm not going to have to walk long by myself.

My first solo trip I had a room lakeside in the 60s which used to be preferred, but is not anymore. It was great because it was just steps from the pool and the main building, but yet seemed quieter. I didn't not feel like I was out of the way or anything like that either. My second trip, I took my 12 year old nephew and we had preferred 60s, but courtyard view. I was even closer to the Classic Hall. Loved both rooms. You could just ask for a room close to Classic Hall and see what you get. Either preferred or not, you can be pretty close to the everything.

Did you post about the guy being a jerk in the picture thread? Maybe thats where I read it too? But I know I read an almost identical post as well. And also about poop.
And yes it happens alot. It happened on our trip as well, and Dh was sitting at the bar talking to the bartender and she said one day it happened 8 times.
I don't worry that stuff too much. The pool has so many chemicals it will keep it clean, and I assume there is alot more pee in them than poop. Swim diapers do not hold pee in, only contains poop.

Any idea why the computer pool tends to be least crowded?

Another question - If you take the magical express bus from the airport to POP...how long does the ride take? Do you stop at other hotels?

It all depends on many Guest are to be pick up togo to the AK area(That I just found out).Apperently They have the Resorts broke down Into areas and If pop Is the only resort with Guests traveling then yes It would be the Only stop. But If there Is others they usually do not make more then 3 stops. The pool crowd could not tell you,only that the area had not as many prople?

Hey, LovinPooh -- I was looking at your pix on the Pop Pix thread, and I was scouring that one bus stop picture to see if my family was in it, lol. What day was that from?
I'm pretty sure we were there around the same time (2/5-2/12)!

We were there from 2/7-2/15
I took the bus pics on our first night we were there. We headed out to DHS on 2/7 around 4ish. I will see if I have anymore pics with people in the background and post. If I had known a fellow diser was there I would have said hi lol.

Did you post about the guy being a jerk in the picture thread? Maybe thats where I read it too? But I know I read an almost identical post as well. And also about poop.
And yes it happens alot. It happened on our trip as well, and Dh was sitting at the bar talking to the bartender and she said one day it happened 8 times.
I don't worry that stuff too much. The pool has so many chemicals it will keep it clean, and I assume there is alot more pee in them than poop. Swim diapers do not hold pee in, only contains poop.

I think that the poop 8 times happened while we were on vacation last year. I swear one day it happened every hour and then it takes about an hour to clean and test the water. I don't think there was one day where a kid didn't poop in the pool. At least I hope it was the kids and not the adults. :rotfl:

Well our plane seems to be the only one cancelled this AM out of Halifax everything else is flying. We're driving 3hrs to Moncton now to get another plane at midnight tonight. Can't keep us from WDW.

Well our plane seems to be the only one cancelled this AM out of Halifax everything else is flying. We're driving 3hrs to Moncton now to get another plane at midnight tonight. Can't keep us from WDW.

Eek! Good luck! Hope you get there soon.

Good Luck! Just remember soon you will be in Disney and nothing else will matter :thumbsup2

QUICK QUESTION...
HOW MUCH DO YOU TIP MOUSEKEEPING? DO YOU TIP DAILY OR AT THE END OF YOUR STAY?

DO YOU GET MOUSEKEEPING EVERY DAY?

15 DAYS TO GO!!!
:yay: :yay: :yay:

QUICK QUESTION...

15 DAYS TO GO!!!

That's a quick three questions.
I tip a couple of bucks a day. I do it daily because you may not get the same housekeeper every day. They do get days off. I try to tip every day but sometimes I forget.

We leave our Do Not Disturb sign up our entire trip. So housekeeping never enters our room. If we request anything extra, we tip them when they bring it.

On our last trip, housekeeping left a bag on our door (twice during our stay) that had clean towels and extra soap. So we just left a tip in the room on our last day.

QUICK QUESTION...

15 DAYS TO GO!!!

Now remember that tipping is NOT manditory. But I think a dollar per person is a good start. You can go more if you wish, or less too. It's better to tip daily as it may not be the same person every day. And yes they clean everyday, unless you ask them not to or leave a sign on the door for them not too. DD was sick one day last year, so I left the sign out and they left a bag on the door with extras for us, in case we needed them.

If my flight lands at 2:30pm. Do you think there'd be enough time to get to the hotel (using ME), check in, grab a quick lunch at the food court, and then head to EPCOT for a few hours? (This would be on a weekday in late January.)

any thoughts?

If my flight lands at 2:30pm. Do you think there'd be enough time to get to the hotel (using ME), check in, grab a quick lunch at the food court, and then head to EPCOT for a few hours? (This would be on a weekday in late January.)

any thoughts?

I don't see why not... On our last trip, we arrived on Thursday, our flight landed around 2:15ish, and we got to the room by 3:30-4 PM. We ate at Everything Pop, and went to DHS. We went there because it was an EMH nite, and we had a good 4 hours in the park!

My best advice would be to take into account the park hours for when you do travel. If the parks are only open till say, 8, it might not be worth it to waste the park day for just 3 hours, but if the park is open to 10, 11, or 12... Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter