• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now at the Airport Hotel in Nova Scotia and its a big snow-storm here. I can't wait to get to Pop and enjoy some warmth, no snow, no ice (other than in my drinks), and the nice sun. Leaving in the AM as long as the weather permits!!

Safe travels!!! The sun and palm trees are waiting for you!!

3a499c2d.gif

i agree - the computer pool is the quietest during off seasons . . .but for us, the flower pool was closest to the bar :rotfl2: :rotfl: :confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl2: so this is where we generally went!

So if you want to be closer to the buses, the 90's bldgs. And if you check out one of the maps posted in this thread, you'll see you can shortcut through the 90's parking lot to the bus stop. And of course the bus stop is right outside the gift shop/food court.

:wave2: :wave2:

I wouldn't do 90's if you want hustle and bustle. Definately get preferred and ask for 60's, 50's or 70's. All those "preferred" locations will keep you closer to the food court and or buses.
The 90's seems kind of tucked away, and from what you described wouldn't be what you want.

Well I just want to be somewhere if something happened I could get some help. Im a young girl (19) and I'm travelin by myself. Now Im a big girl and could harm someone if they tried to do anything, (Not that they will) Just incase. But I want to be where I'm not going to have to walk long by myself.

Any idea why the computer pool tends to be least crowded?

Another question - If you take the magical express bus from the airport to POP...how long does the ride take? Do you stop at other hotels?

Well I just want to be somewhere if something happened I could get some help. Im a young girl (19) and I'm travelin by myself. Now Im a big girl and could harm someone if they tried to do anything, (Not that they will) Just incase. But I want to be where I'm not going to have to walk long by myself.

I would explain at check-in that you're traveling alone and would please like a room in a busy location. I was alone for a couple of nights at POP and pool view, 50's bldg 1 or 3 would work well. :) Guests are always coming and going around that area....or book a preferred location and request 60's pool view - that's what I had and it was great!!

Another question - If you take the magical express bus from the airport to POP...how long does the ride take? Do you stop at other hotels?

No idea why that pool is less crowded - probably b/c that area is not as popular, but during high season every pool will be busy.

I took ME once and POP was the first stop. We waited in line about 5 mins to check in, then another 15 mins or so to board the bus...10 mins or less to leave and it was about 35 mins from the airport. :)

Will probably not be using ME again....although the return was easy. :)

No idea why that pool is less crowded - probably b/c that area is not as popular, but during high season every pool will be busy.

I took ME once and POP was the first stop. We waited in line about 5 mins to check in, then another 15 mins or so to board the bus...10 mins or less to leave and it was about 35 mins from the airport. :)

Will probably not be using ME again....although the return was easy. :)

May I ask why you won't being using ME again?

The 80's 90's area seems to be the least favorite and it is a bit further away. Not too bad though. But also the pool is just square, while the others have shapes, so they seem more exciting to little ones.

Pop seeems to usually be the first stop on ME, though not 100% of the tiem. Most say figure an hour and a half from the time you get off the plane till you arrive at your resort. From the time we got off the plane till the time we walked in our room was exactly one hour. We had easy checkin too! No lines.
I loved ME, but this year we won't be using it only because we are coming inot Sanford, rather than MCO.

May I ask why you won't being using ME again?

Sure...lines too long, too much 'hurry up and wait'. In all honesty, a few yrs ago we began using a Town Car and now we're spoiled. Nothing nicer than someone waiting for you, taking the luggage and off we go! No crowds, no bus full of guests running to check-in to beat the crowd.

Of course, it is possible to still arrive at the same time as an ME bus and wait in the same line...so far, hasn't happened to us. Fingers crossed!!

I think the ME thing depends what time you fly in. We have used it and waited forever in lines. Last time we came in late (10:30) pretty much walked right on and were in our hotel room before 11:30. It was awesome!

If you are arriving mid day or morning.... ugh be prepared to WAIT!

I love ME !! To me the longest part is getting across the airport to where you pick up ME!! Once there the lines have never been bad or the wait for the bus !!It has not taken more than one and half hours from rrival to arrival at Pop! Now once at Pop the wat can be lengthy if the front deskis busy!! The kids usually head to the bathrooms to don their swim suits are are read to go before we are checked in !!! If no one hs recently reminded you ! I lways pack in my caryon swimsuits for the kids , sunscreen (trial siz) change of clothes toothbrush , deodorant and jammies .This way lost luggage wont spoil my first day!!

Just got back from 8 nights at Pop. I cant wait to go back. It was so hard to leave that place. The guy at the concierge desk was a jerk, and that was the only thing that could go remotely wrong. We walked by the computer pool, but we were in teh 50s. So that would have been a haul for us. We just had to check out the grounds though. Someone had .... pooped in the bowling pin pool while we were there. So we used the Hippy Dippy pool the whole time. which was definetly more crowded. But DH would not go back in the 50s pool for anything:lmao:

I think the ME thing depends what time you fly in. We have used it and waited forever in lines. Last time we came in late (10:30) pretty much walked right on and were in our hotel room before 11:30. It was awesome!

If you are arriving mid day or morning.... ugh be prepared to WAIT!

We'll most likely land around 12:45pm or 2:30pm. Hopefully 12:45 because we'd like to go to EPCOT a bit the first day. This isn't until January though so who knows what flight times will be like then. Last time we went we got in at 12:45pm though. It took a while. We ended up sitting on the bus forever before we left. We were staying at POR and we stopped and one or two hotels before ours, if I'm remembering correctly.

I love ME !! To me the longest part is getting across the airport to where you pick up ME!! Once there the lines have never been bad or the wait for the bus !!It has not taken more than one and half hours from rrival to arrival at Pop! Now once at Pop the wat can be lengthy if the front deskis busy!! The kids usually head to the bathrooms to don their swim suits are are read to go before we are checked in !!! If no one hs recently reminded you ! I lways pack in my caryon swimsuits for the kids , sunscreen (trial siz) change of clothes toothbrush , deodorant and jammies .This way lost luggage wont spoil my first day!!

We won't be using the ME baggage service. We prefer to wait for our bags at the airport and just put them under the bus.

Just got back from 8 nights at Pop. I cant wait to go back. It was so hard to leave that place. The guy at the concierge desk was a jerk, and that was the only thing that could go remotely wrong. We walked by the computer pool, but we were in teh 50s. So that would have been a haul for us. We just had to check out the grounds though. Someone had .... pooped in the bowling pin pool while we were there. So we used the Hippy Dippy pool the whole time. which was definetly more crowded. But DH would not go back in the 50s pool for anything:lmao:

I've heard a few people talk about poop in the pool. Is this a common occurance at POP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter