• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we can't afford a moderate on our next trip. If we could, I'd definitely be back at POR which was super quiet.

Oh I understand,we love POR to but the last time we were there In 2007,I can not remeber If it was quiter,It seems to me It was about the same,good or bad?,we stay In the AB section Building # 14 faceing the parking lot.But I can Imagine that the futher you go up the quiter It gets. I hope POP works out for you,and there Is not to much noise!:goodvibes

If you end up in a room with super noisey neighbors, will the resort move you if you ask??

If they have room and Its In the same price class(Peffered or not peffered). But consedering that there pretty full with this new promotion(the 4/3 deal) I think Its going to be tough.

Originally Posted by MidgeHadley
If you end up in a room with super noisey neighbors, will the resort move you if you ask??

Definitely ask nicely...and if one is not available that day, ask if you could be moved the next day. Even when fully booked they try to be as accommodating as possible. Might have to ask for a Front Desk Supervisor - just remember not to come across as demanding. :thumbsup2

If they have room and Its In the same price class(Peffered or not peffered). But consedering that there pretty full with this new promotion(the 4/3 deal) I think Its going to be tough.

Well, if we're able to pull off a WDW trip it actually won't be until January 2010. I just like to research and plan early.

Definitely ask nicely...and if one is not available that day, ask if you could be moved the next day. Even when fully booked they try to be as accommodating as possible. Might have to ask for a Front Desk Supervisor - just remember not to come across as demanding. :thumbsup2

Oh, I know. You never get what you want if you're rude. I still don't understand when I see people yelling and talking down to people at restaurants or hotels or whereever. I don't know why they think doing that is going to get them what they want...haha.

Oh I understand,we love POR to but the last time we were there In 2007,I can not remeber If it was quiter,It seems to me It was about the same,good or bad?,we stay In the AB section Building # 14 faceing the parking lot.But I can Imagine that the futher you go up the quiter It gets. I hope POP works out for you,and there Is not to much noise!:goodvibes

We were in building 35 which is way in the back of the resort. It was quiet. And it was late January which probably helped too.

People talk about the food court being crowded, especially at breakfast and dinner. My question is...is it less crowded during slow times of the year (like January?)

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this thread, & I'm only about 10 pages in! This will be out first stay at Pop (trying a new resort each year!) and you guys have me very excited about foregoing the mod I wanted in lieu of DH's choice.

Forgive me if this info is in here somewhere, as I'm still reading.

Where is the Twister board located? Is there more than one?
What other special games/distractions should I look for?

Thanks!

It is very near the goofy jets. I believe there is only one though. Never saw a second one and I have walked the resort alot.

I really don't think it is full, and that is one reason why they extended the offer.

People talk about the food court being crowded, especially at breakfast and dinner. My question is...is it less crowded during slow times of the year (like January?)

The food court will be crowded at the peak times (mainly morning) no matter when you go, but after the big rush it does queit down. It amazes me how busy it is, as we usually rarely get brekafast there. I bring small breakfast foods to eat and then we do a bigger lunch. I just go get a drink most days.

It is very near the goofy jets. I believe there is only one though. Never saw a second one and I have walked the resort alot.

I really don't think it is full, and that is one reason why they extended the offer.

The food court will be crowded at the peak times (mainly morning) no matter when you go, but after the big rush it does queit down. It amazes me how busy it is, as we usually rarely get brekafast there. I bring small breakfast foods to eat and then we do a bigger lunch. I just go get a drink most days.

What would the peak morning times be? An hour before park opening?

I know this isn't really the thread for it, but I'll ask anyway. Where are some cheaper places to get breakfast in the parks? Or places to just get a cinnamon roll and coffee or something?

At Disneyland we like going to tomorrowland terrace for breakfast because you get eggs, bacon, muffin, potatoes, and a beverage for only $6.50. Any place have something comparable to that?

On our last WDW trip we ate breakfast at the hotel every morning (but by the time we got up, got ready, walked to the food court it was already 8:30 or 9am.)

I would say that peak time is about 2-3 hours. The parks don't all open at the same time and some open early with EMH's. I have walked around at 6:30 and it's Ok to busy, and by 7 it is a mad house. I would say at least till 9 it is like that.
I don't know about cheap breakfasts, but I do know Mk has a bakery up towards the front. Not sure on the prices, but I bet you can get stuff for $3-4. Also the kids meals are a nice deal at Pop. Sometimes we have gotten on and shared it. And they are less money.

If you don't mind going over to FW, Trail's End has a fabulous, very reasonable priced breakfast buffet. Then you could take a water launch right over to the MK. ::yes::

A:$11.99
C:$7.99

The lunch is even a better deal at A $12.99 C $8.99 inc beverage.

We like to go there for lunch on an MK day then back to the resort for some R&R. :)

As jenseib wrote, the kids meals at POP are great - we often do that, but very early. :)

If you don't mind going over to FW, Trail's End has a fabulous, very reasonable priced breakfast buffet. Then you could take a water launch right over to the MK. ::yes::

A:$11.99
C:$7.99

The lunch is even a better deal at A $12.99 C $8.99 inc beverage.

We like to go there for lunch on an MK day then back to the resort for some R&R. :)

As jenseib wrote, the kids meals at POP are great - we often do that, but very early. :)

I'm slow...what is FW?

Can adults get kids meals at POP? At other WDW places?

How do you get there from POP? How long does it take? Do you need a reservation?

For the buffet, you won't be able to do a kids meal though. ;)
FW is near MK. You would take the bus to MK and then the boat to FW. I would not be very fast. I would say 30-40 minutes travel time, plus the waits for the bus and boat.

Thanks, janseib, for answering those for me...should have said Fort Wilderness and include the travel time!

Some would not find it worth it, but we so enjoy either meal. Granted, we have not done the breakfast buffet unless we are staying at a Magic Kingdom resort because it's much eaiser to get over there, but lunch is an almost never miss each trip. ::yes::

Hello everyone! I am trying to read through this thread but its taking me awhile. I do have a ???...Im heading to WDW staying at POP in the middle of May, What are the best rooms to request that are closer to the busses and the food court. I'm staying by myself and wanted to make sure I'm in the middle of the hussle and bustle because I'm not going with anyone. THanks for all your help!!

Hi!

If not booking a preferred room you could request 50's pool view - then you'll not be far from anything. :)

HAVE FUN!!

Hello everyone! I am trying to read through this thread but its taking me awhile. I do have a ???...Im heading to WDW staying at POP in the middle of May, What are the best rooms to request that are closer to the buses and the food court. I'm staying by myself and wanted to make sure I'm in the middle of the hussle and bustle because I'm not going with anyone. THanks for all your help!!

So if you want to be closer to the buses, the 90's bldgs. And if you check out one of the maps posted in this thread, you'll see you can shortcut through the 90's parking lot to the bus stop. And of course the bus stop is right outside the gift shop/food court.

Will be there too as of May 17 so wave! :wave2: :wave2:

We are now at the Airport Hotel in Nova Scotia and its a big snow-storm here. I can't wait to get to Pop and enjoy some warmth, no snow, no ice (other than in my drinks), and the nice sun. Leaving in the AM as long as the weather permits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter