• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool pix of the mugs !!They re definately diferen from last years!! Wonder how many of the old mugs will still be used !!:rotfl2:

I KNOW!!! That drives me crazy!! I don't know why but it just makes me feel so ripped off when I buy the mugs for my family, every year, & Joe-Shmoe just uses the same mug from 2002!! I do wish the CM's would at least tell the guests doing this that they are not supposed to. I can 't tell you how many guests I saw fill up old mugs or empty water bottles at the machine with the CM watching who said nothing....grrrrr!! Anyway, little pet peeve of mine...hope it's not TOO obvious!! LOL!

Sorry for the rant, OT, I know!! :rolleyes:

Love the NEW mugs!!! Really nice! :flower3:

I wonder at what point the old mugs will supposed to not be used. I mean, if I just got there Monday and bought 3 of the old mugs because that was all that was available, I SURE wouldn't buy 3 of the new mugs the next day when they came out. OK, well yes I would because I'd want them for souvenirs, BUT I'm talking about the average Disney guest. So if I was staying from 2/9 - 2/16 and bought the old mugs on 2/9, then the new ones came out 2/10, I'd want to be able to use them the whole time I'm there, KWIM? So I wonder when the old mugs should officially be discontinued.....but whether they will or not, who knows :rolleyes1 This was my first stay on Disney property last week and I saw so many people using old mugs and this one couple even had mugs that said All Star Resort on them.

I am going in May and will definately buy me a new one ! When we all go in Sept. at least the kids will get the new ones !!While I agree using the old ,old ones is tacky . I have to wonder why nothing is said, doesn't promote buyin new ones each time, does it ????

When we were there in November my DH went to fill our mugs. He came back and asked why I bought the boring ones when I should have bought the orange ones that say POP on them. He was really mad because we already had 2 blue mugs at home.

I told him those were REALLY old and that we had the new ones. He was mad about it. We saw all kinds of mugs while we were there, some where even from non-Disney places!!

I wonder at what point the old mugs will supposed to not be used. I mean, if I just got there Monday and bought 3 of the old mugs because that was all that was available, I SURE wouldn't buy 3 of the new mugs the next day when they came out. OK, well yes I would because I'd want them for souvenirs, BUT I'm talking about the average Disney guest. So if I was staying from 2/9 - 2/16 and bought the old mugs on 2/9, then the new ones came out 2/10, I'd want to be able to use them the whole time I'm there, KWIM? So I wonder when the old mugs should officially be discontinued.....but whether they will or not, who knows :rolleyes1 This was my first stay on Disney property last week and I saw so many people using old mugs and this one couple even had mugs that said All Star Resort on them.

We were there the 1st week in December, bought our mugs and every time I went to get a drink there would be AT LEAST 3-4 people with VERY old mugs, the big fat chubby ones (we have one from 2000 like that), designs I've never seen just filling up....seems there is a lot of mug abuse going around..but no one seemed to care at the resort, or at least on one got caught. It was crazy!!:scared1:

Cool pix of the mugs !!They re definately diferen from last years!! Wonder how many of the old mugs will still be used !!:rotfl2:

Oh my goodness, we just returned from our trip, and i was amazed at how many people I saw using old mugs (the fat ones!), mugs from different resorts, and even NON-DISNEY mugs!!

Apparently the CM's aren't that concerned, but like others, it did bug me a little that my family paid 13-14 a piece but those people didn't.

I couldn't use a mug from a previous trip - it would feel like I was stealing my drinks. I know it seems like alot of people use old mugs by the sounds of it ( I have never really noticed what anyone else was using). It's just a conscience thing I guess.

My first stay at POP is coming up in April and I am wondering if it is worth it to request a room in a certain area? I have booked a standard room, so I know that means that I won't get the rooms closest to Classics Hall, but are the other rooms really that much further away? Is there a building that is just really not that popular because of location etc..? We're not all that bothered by noise and yea, being able to see illuminations would be nice, but it's not a make or break deal. I am thinking of just leaving it to the room gods. Any thoughts? Experience?

I would ask for 50's section

It's been a while since I've been up here. I surprised my wife with an early Valentines Day gift of going to see the Braves play the Red Sox at the end of March. We're just taking a small trip, only for about 4 days. We decided to save some money and stay at a value this time. We spent our honeymoon last year at Caribbean Beach and it was wonderful. I've really been encouraged by all the posts in this thread. I've wanted to go to POP for awhile and now I get the chance too. Please keep the reports and pictures up!

I'm confused? Are you staying at Pop while going to this game?

As for the mugs. I am excited the new ones are out, and I WILL be getting one for me. DH can do what he pleases and get one if he wants. I'm not his mother. LOL! But for DD 4, I am not getting one and will be using an old one. (Don't shoot me). But it won't be worth it to me to buy her a new one, as she will most likely won't even get 1 drink a day there. And when we do it will be juice. I try not to serve her pop to often and I know while in the parks, that is going to be what she mostly gets. We also are bringing some juice boxes along. And will try for milk for her too. So basically we will bring the mug and put her milk in it, and if we need an extra drink for her while at the resort, I'll get her a half cup of juice (watered and iced down) LOL!. I don't feel bad in that. As I am buying a new cup for myself! And if I wanted to get "trickey" I could just fill mine with juice, take it to the room, dump it in her cup and go back and get what I want. :scared1:

I am going to be at Pop next week. I can't wait. We are definitely going to each get one of the new mugs.

What I can't understand is why so many people are bothered by people using old mugs to get drinks. If Disney doesn't mind or say anything so be it. I am sure the cost to Disney for people refilling there old mugs is a penny a refill or so. And all those people doing this are missing out on a nice new souvenir mug. Their loss.

Just my two cents.

I think "refillable mugs" is one of those no-no topics.

Just a head's up, because I've seen threads closed over debates on this back and forth. I'd hate to see this one closed. We all have different opinions about the mugs and it's gotten quite heated in the past. There are waves of varying opinions. Case in point, one has a 2 night stay at POP, while another has a 7, 8 or 10 night stay at POP.

The 2 night stay guest will never recoup their $13 for the use of a mug for each member of their family. I think this is why you see people bringing old ones. I have said this for a long time. If it's to be a per stay use, I wish Disney had a sliding scale charge based on your length of stay. Because there is no way, a family of five is going to consume $65 worth of soda in a 2 or 3 night stay (or a family of 4 consume $52 worth of soda in a 2-3 night stay). This is why the mug abuse will go on I think and why disney hasn't done much about it. Not debating with anyone....just showing another side of the story.

Been on these boards for almost 9 years. I've seen some ugliness. Just a friendly warning :) I probably shouldn't have even said what I did ! :rotfl:

Maria

I agree, Maria. I have an opinion as well, but this great thread is not intended for mug chat. :rotfl: So I'll second that this topic can be continued, however on the Budget Board, not here on our resort thread. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Kimberly! This is one of the nicest threads on all of DIS and we can keep it that way by keeping our chat about POP. I was guilty of this myself once when I contributed to a few negative posts on this wonderful thread. :sad2:

Sometimes the most innocent comment takes a turn, but we can turn it back around easily. :goodvibes

Soooo....anyone leaving for POP soon? :)

Maria, sounds like you had a fabulous visit!! ::yes::

I just returned from my trip, as I mentioned!
We had a fabulous time, with the exception of DH & the beds.

We were pleasantly surprised as we had never stayed at a value, and were nervous because of that 'stigma' they all seem to have.

I was really amazed to see how close the 1900s to 1940s buildings really were. You can see them so closely when you're returning to the resort on the buses! I was also surprised to see how close CBR really is! You could almost walk there!

Our room was great -- always well cleaned & kept by mousekeeping. We even got a few towel animals, to our surprise! I felt badly though, because one day we forgot to leave out our envelopes. :(

We also met a few DISers there, thanks to our LGMHs!

I just returned from my trip, as I mentioned!
We had a fabulous time, with the exception of DH & the beds.

We were pleasantly surprised as we had never stayed at a value, and were nervous because of that 'stigma' they all seem to have.

I was really amazed to see how close the 1900s to 1940s buildings really were. You can see them so closely when you're returning to the resort on the buses! I was also surprised to see how close CBR really is! You could almost walk there!

Our room was great -- always well cleaned & kept by mousekeeping. We even got a few towel animals, to our surprise! I felt badly though, because one day we forgot to leave out our envelopes. :(

We also met a few DISers there, thanks to our LGMHs!

What was wrong with the beds? (Sorry if you said already. The thread is way too long for me to read the whole thing...haha.)

I think it's just an issue with DH because he is so tall. He's nearly 6'4", so the beds were about 2 inches too short for him!

He was uncomfortable, and had a tough time getting a comfortable, restful sleep.

Other people will probably not have an issue, but I know personally, when DD gets bigger and needs her own bed, there is no way I will be able to share a double bed with DH!

Sooo I have stayed at POP in '05 and '07...with college friends and we had a GREAT time. I mean no debate about that. But after reading these boards, I keep hearing how loud it is and how the noise keeps people up? I dont remember it being bad at all when i was there...but maybe im a sound sleeper I guess? We are going in October with my mom and I am worried about picking a resort where she won't be comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter