the good old days

If the recession/depression people are right, Disney prices will have to go down. When you're broke with no job, who is going to spend $150 for a park ticket?
Disney won't go down, they might stop going up but they won't go down. Too many people have that as their one aspirational family trip. Myself included. As long as there are still some people making money, WDW will be packed. I went on my honeymoon in 2009 and took my kids in 2019. I probably won't ever go again, my wife makes the decision to go with her sister and niece, but I won't pay those prices, too many other things I'd rather do.

If the recession/depression people are right, Disney prices will have to go down. When you're broke with no job, who is going to spend $150 for a park ticket?
don't think so-they didn't drop their prices during the last recession.

officially the last one went from 12/07-6/09 and disney did 2 separate price increases during that period (and a 3rd a couple months later).

Ah, the good old days when there were Disney Stores in the mall.

those were fun but even better was the outlet mall near my former home in california-we had a disney outlet that had rock bottom prices on stuff from the stores and the parks. it seemed to get a lot of stuff from the mall stores-loved it for stocking stuffers!

I remember WAY back when, we bought 10 day non-expiring hopper "plus" passes. Wish we would have stocked up on those
I bought one in 2009 and I didn't use it for my last trip (more complicated to explain why) but I know that I still have 4 days remaining of park admission and 9 water park days. It still shows up in my Undercover Tourist account.

Attachments

• 2023-03-23_11-19-08.jpg
    2023-03-23_11-19-08.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
I remember WAY back when, we bought 10 day non-expiring hopper "plus" passes. Wish we would have stocked up on those
We did the same thing once, used the last one 20 years ago, and thought we were getting a great deal. If we'd hung onto it a bit longer it would have been even better. Sigh.

I bought one in 2009 and I didn't use it for my last trip (more complicated to explain why) but I know that I still have 4 days remaining of park admission and 9 water park days. It still shows up in my Undercover Tourist account.
My son took all of his old unused ones to Guest Services at Disney Springs and was able to get a park hopper and water park passes added to his account. He had to upgrade from child to adult though. Those may still be valid.

Disney's pretty much priced us out. It's not that we can't afford it, per se, but there is very little value left. We often stay offsite now, buying 2-day PHs so we can visit all 4 parks. We used to stay onsite for a week, buying at least 4-5 day tickets, eating all our meals onsite. Those days are over now.

Yes, this ticket deal is currently available, for use now through 9/29/2023. 1 park per day (no hopping), visit each park one day (no doubling up 2 days in the same park).
We aren’t going until November. Maybe something else will pop up.

Disney's pretty much priced us out. It's not that we can't afford it, per se, but there is very little value left. We often stay offsite now, buying 2-day PHs so we can visit all 4 parks. We used to stay onsite for a week, buying at least 4-5 day tickets, eating all our meals onsite. Those days are over now.
Same. Park prices are high. I wish they would drop the reservation requirement as well as the waiting until 2pm to hop.

I wish they would drop the reservation requirement as well as the waiting until 2pm to hop.
The theme park reservation requirement is ending Jan. 9, 2024 for date-based tickets. No word on any changes to hopping yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter