The First Floor of the Magic Kingdom...The Utilidor System

Interesting pictures!

Dont get so upset... we all know that there are utilidors down there, and Mickey isn't minus a head, that's probably what would upset a child the most.

Those are just big halls in the back of Mickey's house!

;) ;)

I took the tour this past May and they were adament about no cameras allowed. At the beginning of the tour the people who had cameras still with them had to give them up to the CM's until the tour was completed. We were also warned throughout the tour that if anyone still had a camera on them not to take pictures.

I too think these are "approved" photos (though I wish they still kept that area top secret). From my memory, it's not too common to see a character completely dressed just walking down the hallways, esp without a guide. It seems everyone was "partially undressed" when I'd see them. It would be easy enough to sneak a pic of a crowd of partially-dressed CMs, probably easier than catching a full-dressed Mickey.

I've got to say...The utilidor system is amazing! I'm going to take the tour with my DW when we get there. On behalf of all who didn't like these pics here, I agree that they should not have been posted because some people just do not want to know how the magic is made. Lets face it...If it's out there and you try to hide it...people WILL find a way to see it! You really can't blame people for wanting to see all aspects of the "magic". When you were a kid, didn't you ever take something apart to see "what makes it tick"? (I know I did!)
:crazy: :bounce: :crazy: :bounce: :crazy:

I'm not too upset at the pictures being posted, but what is upsetting is what DocRafiki brought up. That what was once top secret is now sneaking out little by little. It's almost as though Disney is looking for another way to squeeze every last dime out of our hands. "Give us money and we'll show you Mickey eating a cheeseburger". Please tell me there aren't Snow Whites and Cinderella's having a smoke down there. That might be crossing the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter