• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Feast of Fools- In the famous words of Liz Lemon, "shut it down!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for another great review
CDF doesn't appeal to me at all but I would LOVE to meet Remy :yay:

I LOL'd at least 5 times reading that last installment- so funny!! Love the "look at that s-car go!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm sorry your meal wasn't a wow, but I gotta say, I think it was all worth it just so you could take that pic of Remy & Wall-E getting acquainted! :cutie: Hope you're hangin' in there for the Christmas craziness....

Did you have to bend some sort of Pixar space-time continuuum to get that photo of Wall-E and Remy together?

I love CDF....my mom and I used to go there all the time when we lived in Florida and had APs. I haven't been in years though, as DH has a thing about French food. But I think he's going to have to suck it up and go next trip, because I really want to get back there.

Nice update - love the picture of Remy & Wall-E. :lovestruc

You are spot on about Rose & Crown's menu ... if they shrink it any more it's going to disappear entirely. It's a bummer. Also, in case you didn't get there on this trip ... beware Harry Ramsden's fishie-chippies which shrank to the point that Jay and I could barely share a serving, which is not how it was back in the halycon days of 2007. :laughing:

We need the rebigulator STAT!:laughing: That's such a shame about their smaller portions and menu. I kind of don't want to waste a meal on a place with little to no menu. At least there's always the Welsh Dragon!

It's so good that Wall-E is making friends!

We had really good profiteroles at a restaurant in Venice Beach (5 on a plate!). I agree that yours needed a life preserver, though! :rotfl:

5, oh my! I think I read that in your dining review from your DL trip. Perhaps I'll schedule a day trip and get up there for some good dessert.

signing onpopcorn::

Welcome!:flower3:

DSCN1652.jpg

I love this pic, soooo cute :)

Love your CdF review, those profiteroles look so good :)

I always peak on my awesome photo by the first day in WDW. I did the same thing last trip.:rolleyes: The profiteroles were good, but if you ever get them you might want to ask for chocolate on the side.

love the Remy and Wall-E picture. I tlooks like Remy is asking where Wall-E got his mousears from - they would fit Remy perfectly as well! :goodvibes

Somehow Chefs really doesn't look that interesting to me. Even though I am European I don't want to eat snails (sorry!) and the rest does look a bit bland? :confused3

Trading fashion tips?:rotfl: And yeah, Chefs is alright, but nothing fantastic. It's just one of those places I've always gone to, so I continue to go there. Plus the Rose and Crown menu was soooo small I need something for lunch that day.

Thanks for another great review
CDF doesn't appeal to me at all but I would LOVE to meet Remy :yay:

Meeting Remy was great. I didn't know if his WDW tour of duty was going to be over when I got there, so I tried to keep my expectations low.

I LOL'd at least 5 times reading that last installment- so funny!! Love the "look at that s-car go!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm sorry your meal wasn't a wow, but I gotta say, I think it was all worth it just so you could take that pic of Remy & Wall-E getting acquainted! :cutie: Hope you're hangin' in there for the Christmas craziness....

I'm hanging in there. Only 9 more retail days till Eggnog bliss.:cloud9: I'm glad you got some chuckles from the review, my mind is all crazy with work/holidays so I don't know if I'm being amusing or not right now.

Did you have to bend some sort of Pixar space-time continuuum to get that photo of Wall-E and Remy together?

I only had to sell my soul. You can look forward to the Haunted Mansion reaching full capacity on my death.

I love CDF....my mom and I used to go there all the time when we lived in Florida and had APs. I haven't been in years though, as DH has a thing about French food. But I think he's going to have to suck it up and go next trip, because I really want to get back there.

I hope you get to go there. It's really nice, even though it isn't amazing or anything. I just know I'm going to get a good meal there and part of it is from always going there as a kid I guess. We must haves it!

Loved the update! I will re think about chefs. It was put on my maybe list! and now will go on my list of will try!

Love your perspective on things - it makes for a great read/thread.

The family - myself, the mrs. and two little one's - are doing a ten night stint at AKV this July so I really appreciate the info. and insight that you have provided.

Truly enjoying the reviews and the pics!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Zebsterama
:hippie:pirate:

I like the snails. But then again, they could serve some rubber tubing sliced up in garlic butter and parsley sauce, and we'd probably eat that, too. ;)

Loved the update! I will re think about chefs. It was put on my maybe list! and now will go on my list of will try!

I hope you do try it! And thanks for reading.:flower3:

Loved, loved, loved the Remy and Wall-E pic. Cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!:thumbsup2

I had to add it to my signature it's so cute. Even the Spouse (who thought me odd for having a mascot at all) agreed that the picture is the definition of adorable.

I finally got my boyfriend to try "snails" at F&W this year. Surprise! He loves them!

You know what they say, "once you go snails you..." er, well you know what I mean.:goodvibes

Love your perspective on things - it makes for a great read/thread.

The family - myself, the mrs. and two little one's - are doing a ten night stint at AKV this July so I really appreciate the info. and insight that you have provided.

Truly enjoying the reviews and the pics!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Zebsterama
:hippie:pirate:

I'm sure your family will have a lovely stay at AKV! They will love Boma, there are so many delicous food options there, and the drummers are great fun.

So cute! I really enjoyed your review of Chefs, and that dessert did look a little too chocolately. :sick:

It was a mighty sea of chocolate, that's for sure.:laughing:

I like the snails. But then again, they could serve some rubber tubing sliced up in garlic butter and parsley sauce, and we'd probably eat that, too. ;)

I would order seconds!:lmao:

Just caught up on reading this thread. Your pictures and commentary are great.

Looks like you have some fantastic restaurants coming up.

Can't wait!!

Just caught up on reading this thread. Your pictures and commentary are great.

Looks like you have some fantastic restaurants coming up.

Can't wait!!

Well you won't have to wait long, I'm going to be working on a post right now!:goodvibes

Welcome to Japan!
DSCN1668.jpg

After lunch I made a stop off in Japan to grab some hilariously named candies to munch on during my trip. I live in Southern California, where one can find many humourously named Japanese snackies, but Wall*E wanted to come here from some other reasons.

Pimp circuits are engaged.
DSCN1667.jpg

I'm using this photo as blackmail that I can show EVE, incase Wall*E ever decideds to tell my Spouse about my shamless flirting with Donald Duck.

Helloooooooooo Nurse...er Panda...
DSCN1669.jpg

These are like little shortbread cookies filled with chocolate. They have others, but these are my favorite becaus they remind me of Magic Middles, the most delicous (now no longer produced) cookie treat of my youth.

DSCN1670.jpg

I'm sure many a person has stopped to laugh at this candy, but how many have tried it? Well I'll let you know that it is a pretty standard candybar chocolate (like nestle) but kinda more milkchocolate-y and perhaps whipped. It's sorta like the chocolate in Aerochocolate bars (found in EPCOT's UK) but doesn't have the bubbliness to it. It's also filled with ricecrispy type things, so it's sorta like a crunch bar. Make that crunky bar!:rotfl:

So, then Wall*E and I continued on the long way around to the F&WF Welcome Center, where we had a Food/Wine Demo. Though, I suppose from Japan there really is no short way to the F&WF-WC. By this point everyone and their Disney hating husband has seen tons of pictures of the F&WF set up in the former Wonders of Life Pavillion, but I'm going to post more anyway.

Normally it takes me a couple of drinks to begin seeing weird pink creatures, but Disney it would seem, is one step ahead of me.
DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1574.jpg

Here we reinact the running of the booze, far less dangerous than the running to Soarin.
DSCN1575.jpg

I don't know what set ups for this event used to be like. I can say that at Disney's California Adventure that the main set up for their F&WF event is pretty much smack dab in the front of the theme park and is the cluster of all clusters, if you know what I'm saying. It was really nice to have a big central location here in Florida, but I miss the Wonders of Life Pavilion something fierce. It is just such a waste to me that this little kitchy jewel gets shut down and tucked away for most of the year. Surely with all the emphasis on health and jogging and other such things they should be able to imaginEAR some things to revive this pavillion.

I'd totally pour some out in remembrance of this fallen pavillion, if my wine sample was larger than a thimbleful.:sad2:

A carnival's a veritable smorgasbord orgasboard
DSCN1577.jpg

Today's banner is tomorrow's messenger bag.
DSCN1578.jpg

This video used to be in DCA and yeah, nobody watched it there either.
DSCN1584.jpg

DSCN1585.jpg

DSCN1586.jpg

DSCN1587.jpg

DSCN1588.jpg

DSCN1589.jpg

DSCN1590.jpg

I didn't really buy much merchandise during my trip. I did buy some lotion from the Rinse stand hidden over the the back somewhere (maybe I have pictures form later this week). I have a real weakness when it comes to buying bath and skin care products and everything she had smelled wonderful. I got this Lavender skin stick that is the best at moisturizing my elbows. The official F&WF merch did nothing for me really, and the t-shirts are sized so strangely. I purchased a shirt at Ragland Road that is a medium, and after washing it fit me perfectly, but a large one of those blue shirts aboved makes me look like like I'm shoved in a sausage casing a size to small. I'm really bummed about about that because I didn't realize until I got home.:headache:

DSCN1599.jpg

DSCN1600.jpg

Then there was nothing to do but wait for our F&WF tasting event to start!

Do androids dream of electric foie gras?
DSCN1691.jpg

Next: Barcelona Wine & Tapas

The exact same thing happened to me when I bought the colorforms shirt ... I bought an extra large to allow for shrinkage ... got it home ... and it makes me look like I should be on the Biggest Loser. :rotfl2: Total bummer because there's no way for me to wear it now unless I put myself in the debigulator. :sad2:

The exact same thing happened to me when I bought the colorforms shirt ... I bought an extra large to allow for shrinkage ... got it home ... and it makes me look like I should be on the Biggest Loser. :rotfl2: Total bummer because there's no way for me to wear it now unless I put myself in the debigulator. :sad2:

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I knew I put on a lb or two but it wouldn't have been that many:rotfl:

I love Happy Panda's, I went nuts for them when I was in Singapore :)

Love the pics of all the merchandise, if you are not booked in for a seminar can you still visit just that part to buy F&WF souviners?

Love the pics of all the merchandise, if you are not booked in for a seminar can you still visit just that part to buy F&WF souviners?

It's Disney! Of course you can go almost anywhere if you're going to spend money!:rotfl:

"There was shrinkage! There was shrinkage!"

Couldn't resist.

It's Disney! Of course you can go almost anywhere if you're going to spend money!:rotfl:

Thats cool, as I saw alot of stuff in those pics that look like they want to come live in my new place :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter