The fantasy is gone; how about you?

Is the fantasy gone for you?

• The magic is gone and I can't get it back yet

• The magic was gone, but I've got it back, now

• I've never lost the magic

• I never had that magic feeling; it's just a park

Results are only viewable after voting.
This thread is a better fit for our Theme Parks Community board, so I've moved it. :)

Gotta admit our last trip after T-giving was not the best (aside of the increased crowds), so I'm thinking we are kind of wore out on Disney for the time being. We've been taking (2) trips per year for the last (6) years, so I think we'll just take a break for awhile, and wait a full year.

I think there are alot of factors that lead to this: crowds increased, different 'vibe' in the park, 'expecting' trips instead of looking forward to them, etc.

This past trip it felt like we were on a schedule, and we HAD to go to a park each day, rather than looking forward to going to a park. Plus we've gone the SAME times each year for the last couple years, so I think that has something to do with it also.

I think the problem is that people have such incredibly high expectations when they go to Disney. When they don't get all that they are expecting (and more) they are a little bummed. If those same people went someplace else, say Aruba, they would not have these same expectations of perfection and therefore not be let down. Just my opinion. :goodvibes

You hit the nail on the head. ;)

Take a break.

There was atime when we went three times inside of a year. The third trip was magical in some ways, since I was there with first timers. I was able to focus on their needs instead fo my own interests....but still...some rides were not tht interesting.

As kids we used to go most years. It was great, bhen I didn't go to WDW for FIFTEEN years!!!! I totally forgot how great it was. When I first went agin, it was totally new to me (and literally two full parks, the BWK, half the resorts, DTD WERE all new to me, as was much of Epcot) It was great to see those places for the first time! I felt like a little kid!

Have to say to the OP, thats exactly how I felt this time last year. I did 2 trips (august and december) in 2008 and 2 trips (august and october) in 2007. in total 36 nights over 2 years. i came back last december and said I am done! not because anything bad happened on the trips, I just felt disneyed out for a while. i still loved disneyworld and i knew i would go back someday but i was quite happy to take a break. there is a big wide world of which i have hardly experienced....fast forward a year and i need a disney fix soooooo bad:lmao: It started to hit around august time and has got considerably worse to the point i am ready to sell my soul to get back:rotfl: I have no idea how i am going to afford it yet but somehow i will get to WDW in 2009.

umm so short answer yes i lost the magic for a while but now it is most definitely back. a small break from it is probably all you need.

The magic is so there for me, but I have only been twice. We are going a third time in June, and then not again for 3-5 years.
I may get flamed for this, but I can't imagine spending the time and money to go to WDW a dozen or more times. There are so many other places to go and things to see in our country and in our world.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE WDW! I just feel that it could get commonplace or mundane after so many trips.

The magic is so there for me, but I have only been twice. We are going a third time in June, and then not again for 3-5 years.
I may get flamed for this, but I can't imagine spending the time and money to go to WDW a dozen or more times. There are so many other places to go and things to see in our country and in our world.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE WDW! I just feel that it could get commonplace or mundane after so many trips.

No flame here - I totally agree. I would not want to vacation the same place more than once every few years. I love WDW but I do it every other year and only 2 times so far. We are switching things up next time and doing a disney cruise.

The magic has never been lost for me. I absolutely love our trips.

My family didn't start going until 2004 & I seem to be trying to make up for lost time. We have been going a lot. Just between 2006 & 2007 we spent over a month in WDW, almost two.

We try to make each trip a little different (fireworks cruise, Cirque de Solei, trips to an on-site salon, Wilderness Lodge sleigh ride, etc.), which it sounds like you've been doing.

We also like to try out different resorts, although we've decided that BCV & AKV are our favorites, so we've mainly been staying there lately.

I hope I never get that "lost the magic" feeling. If I do, I think we'll just slow down on the number of trips we make for a while.

I never feel guilty about the money we spend there, because believe me, as a public school teacher - I work hard for it and I know that when I'm at work, I'm working for my next WDW trip!

Can't say it's lost the magic for me either. I am 28 and still find Disney as magical as when I first encountered the parks. WDW is more of an escape than a fantasy, but it truely lets me forget about the worries and problems of normal life.

Can't say it's lost the magic for me either. I am 28 and still find Disney as magical as when I first encountered the parks. WDW is more of an escape than a fantasy, but it truely lets me forget about the worries and problems of normal life.

:thumbsup2 I agree. It seems if we are having stress back at home, busy schedules and such.....when you go to Disney.....it is a total escape. I love our trips.

I think the problem is that people have such incredibly high expectations when they go to Disney. When they don't get all that they are expecting (and more) they are a little bummed. If those same people went someplace else, say Aruba, they would not have these same expectations of perfection and therefore not be let down. Just my opinion. :goodvibes

I agree with this to a certain point. DIsney is a fairly expensive vacation for a family no matter how you put it. Disney also has a reputation for excellant service and customer satisfaction. You pay a high price for that, and you come to expect it. If you go to a 5* resort in Aruba and get 2* or 3* service you would be let down too. I am not saying that is what the poster is saying, but I get tired of hearing the same thing about people expecting more out of Disney. They are expecting to get what they have paid for, and not Great Adventure (ok as a local park) service.

As to losing the magic. It isn't what it used to be anymore for me, but it is still special. I just do not die to go two or three times a year anymore, because things are different.

To the nicki.momof3, really there is no need for comments like that. No need to do caps. Disney is not perfect and people do not have to feel just like you do about something. Differing opinions is what makes a board interesting. The poster is allowed to voice their opinion without someone telling them not to go, which is not what was said.

As far as my kids love it and excited every time we go, magic is still there. Can't wait to have a trip again. December 2009 is not a long time to wait. :)

There isn't an option to fit how I see DW

I am definitely not immersed in it, nor do I get depressed when my trip is over, nor is it the only place I want to be, nor do I want to know everything there is to know about it, nor do I want to do everything there is to do there.

But I greatly enjoy Disney, am thoroughly enchanted when I am there (I thank my son and daughter for that :lovestruc ), and enjoy reading the Disboards in spurts (I thank this board for great info, tips, and general awareness).

I enjoy other things equally; we are a big outdoors family, and do a lot of outside activities all year long. We go to other parks in our area, and we want to travel to other locations now that our children are getting older.

I don't want to be too immersed in Disney; while it's magical at that time, it's also a created stimulus. I like to get out of the commercialization of things, the crowds, the costs.... That is not a dig at people who are different than I at all; if there were none of 'me', think of how much more crowded the parks would be :p

I also love Vegas with a vengeance but similarly enjoy DEPARTING, getting back home from the wildness, waste, whistles, bells and buzzing! We love the Caribbean, but after a few days, I miss home...the sun annoys me, I am water-logged, I snorkeled too close to a jelly, and the mosquies are draining me of blood. So I guess I am more even-keel about any of these things.

But clearly am not Dis-enough and expect an eviction notice soon :lmao:

Disney has always been magic to me....it got even more magical when I got to see it through my children's eyes in June. Granted, we don't go as often as many of you do, but we are making an attempt at going every two years, and more often if we can swing it. :goodvibes There will be new things to see and experience each time...we don't try to "do it all"...and I always seem to notice just a little more every time. :lovestruc

We did about trip #25 over New Years week-coulda stayed another 3 months easy. Not even kidding a bit. May be a lot to do with the weather I guess, but could not think of anywhere else we would rather be.

we lost the magic after going for 7 years straight and not holidaying anywhere else!!! We took a quick tripe to portugal and when we went back to disney again the amagic was back and better then ever!!!!

I voted that I've never lost the Magic, and I think it's because we go about every other year. We did got two years in a row and while it was fun, I felt like I had just done it all. This next time that we go, there will be a few new things to see and do. I am really looking forward to it. :cool1:

There isn't an option to fit how I see DW

I am definitely not immersed in it, nor do I get depressed when my trip is over, nor is it the only place I want to be, nor do I want to know everything there is to know about it, nor do I want to do everything there is to do there.

But I greatly enjoy Disney, am thoroughly enchanted when I am there (I thank my son and daughter for that :lovestruc ), and enjoy reading the Disboards in spurts (I thank this board for great info, tips, and general awareness).

I enjoy other things equally; we are a big outdoors family, and do a lot of outside activities all year long. We go to other parks in our area, and we want to travel to other locations now that our children are getting older.

I don't want to be too immersed in Disney; while it's magical at that time, it's also a created stimulus. I like to get out of the commercialization of things, the crowds, the costs.... That is not a dig at people who are different than I at all; if there were none of 'me', think of how much more crowded the parks would be :p

I also love Vegas with a vengeance but similarly enjoy DEPARTING, getting back home from the wildness, waste, whistles, bells and buzzing! We love the Caribbean, but after a few days, I miss home...the sun annoys me, I am water-logged, I snorkeled too close to a jelly, and the mosquies are draining me of blood. So I guess I am more even-keel about any of these things.

But clearly am not Dis-enough and expect an eviction notice soon :lmao:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I'm not Disney-obsessive, either. I'm QUITE obsessed about this community, but feel very much as you describe much of the time. I alternate camping trips with Disney trips, and feel it's a much better mix than all Disney, all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter