The fantastic 10 day dining plan trip with NO WEIGHT GAIN!!*finishedOct.23*

What hot fudge sundae coupon from the place that starts with G that serves ice cream at DTD that I'm not even going to try to spell are you talking about? I'd love to get that for my trip.

Great reviews, thanks.

Buzzandthemermaid said:
What hot fudge sundae coupon from the place that starts with G that serves ice cream at DTD that I'm not even going to try to spell are you talking about? I'd love to get that for my trip.

Go to the following link, http://www.entertainment.com/saversguide/sbc and type in any Orlando address and zip code. Then, do a search for Ghiradelli and a 2for1 coupon should come up. Just so you know, the coupon is only good for 14 days after you print the coupon so don't print it until you're close to your trip. Happy eating!!

Hey Wish Friend! Love your reviews but you are making me seriously hungry! Can't wait to read the rest.

Love your report! I now have a craving for a Ghiardelli hot fudge sundae, but I won't be anywhere NEAR Downtown Disney for another 8 months. Hmmmmmmmm, what's a girl to do?

Great reviews, looking forward to the next installment. We're also doing the dining plan for 10 days and I'm worried about the weight gain. Glad to hear you didn't gain any weight while you were there. :goodvibes I can't wait to make my own rice krispie creation at Goofy's! :goofy:

Day 5

Lunch at Pop Century Food Court
I was starting to get used to feeling full 24hrs a day. I had also bought a refillable mug at Pop Century, so I was also starting each day with a mug full of coffee. Well, if I'm being honest......it was really a mug full of coke slushie each day. :rolleyes1 Coffee's for whimps! ;)

I tried to talk dh into sharing at lunch today, but it was a no-go. Somehow dh was actually hungry for lunch! We decided to go for the more traditional fares of chicken fingers w/fries and hamburger w/fries. Both had chocolate milk to drink. We figured we would go to the cashier, tell her that we wanted ice cream for dessert, and get our receipt stamped. We'd come back for the sundaes after finishing our main course. We had done that at other food courts in the past. Well, the cashier said that we had to get our ice cream sundaes NOW (chocolate sauce on cookies & cream ice cream for me and strawberry sauce on chocolate ice cream for dh). The problem was that there was a line at the dessert counter so our hamburger and chicken fingers were going to get cold. Still, we managed and ate quickly once we got to our table. Both meals were fine, but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. The sundaes were quite good, even if they were a little melted. Does anyone know if this is a rule at Pop Century that you must buy everything at once, or was it just the rule of this one cashier? :confused3

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
Prior to our trip, we had read some good reviews of Artist Point. We decided to try it for our anniversary. When we checked in at the front desk, a customer was yelling at the hostess saying that he had been waiting there for 20 minutes and no one came to his table. He was leaving. Well, not exactly a great introduction to Artist Point! We were seated quickly. Our waiter came over and started talking to us. The trouble was, he was talking so quickly that I couldn't really understand what he was saying! I nodded politely, but had he asked me a question, I could not have answered him!! I felt like Charlie Brown listening to his teacher in school! ;)

A couple minutes later, one of the hostess' came back to our table and surprised us with custom made menus with our names on it and two anniversary buttons. When our travel agent friend made our reservations for us, she also told them that today was our anniversary!!!! We were touched. However, this hostess wasn't very friendly and didn't even wish us Happy Anniversary. It felt like her coming to our table was an afterthought. Our waiter came back and asked us if we were ready to order (he didn't acknowledge our anniversary pins sitting on the table, but at least I understood that he was asking to take our order!!). Since we were on the dining plan, we thought we should mention it to him since we wanted to make sure we know what we were able to order.

Well, as soon as he realized we were on the plan, I am confident in saying the service got worse. This was the ONLY time all trip we felt this happen. He was rarely to be found again. We saw him talking more to other tables. Most of our meal was brought to us by someone else as well. What made matters worse, a table beside us was also celebrating an anniversary and their waitress put candles in their dessert and was just very friendly and personable. It's not that I expected any special treatment, it was just disappointing seeing the next table over being treated so differently.

But, onto the food! We both got smoothies to drink with our dessert and ordered a red wine blend with our entrees. The wine was wonderful! We just ordered a half bottle, but it was just the right amount. Naturally, our waiter didn't bring our wine or smoothies to our table. Dh ordered the venison spring rolls for his appetizer while I ordered the portabella soup. My soup was wonderful! I enjoyed every bite. Dh said his spring rolls were okay, but nothing compared to the spring rolls he ordered at Jiko last year. For our entrees, I had the pork chop and dh ordered the buffalo. Both were quite enjoyable and cooked to order. The buffalo may have been a little tough for dh, but we weren't disappointed. For dessert, I was excited for dh to try the berry cobbler since he's such a fruit man! Well, the fruit on the cobbler was fantastic!! The cobbler itself.....was too bready for dh. I had the choc. truffle w/ orange. It was FANTASTIC!! It was one of my favourite desserts all trip. I was even almost able to eat it all.....almost!

I enjoyed the food more than dh. It was the service that really brought our ratings down for the restaurant. We both gave it a rating of C+. Dh said he'll never be back, but I'm not so sure. The couple beside us celebrating their anniversary were all smiles and were raving about the food. We were there at the exact same time which really made me think. Service can really vary from person to person so it's not fair to really judge the restaurant purely based on one waiter and hostess.

Tomorrow:
Snacks of spicy cheese pretzel & milkshake, lunch at Toy Story Pizza and dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot!

Day 6

Snack: Spicy cheese pretzel & chocolate milkshake
I woke up this morning too hungry for our usual breakfast in room. We planned on going to MGM and not eat until lunch. Well, that was until I noticed the spicy cheese pretzel stand (Min & Bill's Dockside)! Our plan had now gone out the window! I ordered the spicy cheese pretzel and dh ordered a chocolate milkshake. Both were considered snacks on the dining plan. When I took my first bite of the pretzel, I was immediately relieved I hadn't put any mustard on it! The CM had accidentally given me the apple cinnamon stuffed dessert pretzel instead. I brought the pretzel back and she immediately replaced the pretzel with a smile. Still, I was happy to have had the surprise taste of the other kind of pretzel too! Both dh and I enjoyed our snacks.

Lunch at Toy Story Pizza
My pretzel was more filling than I thought. There was no way I could eat a meal so soon. Dh was another story! How he fit it all in was beyond me! He ordered a pepperoni pizza w/ salad & milk with chips for dessert. We ended up sharing by me eating his salad and him eating the rest. The pizza was just ordinary by dh's standards. Halfway through our meal, a woman came over and offered us another pizza for free! A CM had accidentally given them an extra pizza and they were too full for it. WOW! Food was coming at us at in all directions and we just had to say no. More than once on this trip, did we wish that all the leftover food could just "magically" appear in our fridge at home, and still be fresh when we got home. We'd glady eat it when we're back home to reality!!! ;)

Le Cellier dinner at Epcot
This was the second restaurant this trip that we were returning to for a second time from a previous trip. We loved it last year and this year was no disappointment. We had a 4:50pm reservation (the only other time we could get before 8:30pm) and we were seated within 5minutes. The restaurant was very busy! Our waitress was a lovely girl who was also from our home province in Canada! She was fantastic and very attentive despite being very busy. Our travel agent must have told them that this was our anniversary week, because this lovely girl brought us out a signed anniversary card from many of the staff at the restaurant! What a wonderful surprise.

We started the meal with smoothies: choc./raspberry for dh and cappuccino for me. Both were very good. We had definitely become smoothie junkies! We were very pleased to be able to get smoothies on the dining plan, because our waiter at Artist Point had said that smoothies weren't allowed in any theme park restaurant anymore. Well, it just goes to show you that what you hear may not necessarily be true!

For appetizers, dh got the caesar salad and I had the tomato stack. Dh wasn't too fussy on the caesar salad. I did enjoy my tomato stack, and felt very "clean" while eating it. Does that make sense? It was about time I ate something a little healthy! We both had filet mignon for our entrees: dh had the maple while I had the mushroom. OMG!! They were both absolutely amazing and cooked to perfection. Both literally melted in our mouths. I was almost able to eat it all which says A LOT! ;) For dessert, I had the creme brulee sampler and dh had the sorbet. He LOVED his dessert. Fresh fruit and amazing sorbet. I enjoyed my creme brulee, but was disappointed that it was now a sampler and not just a big bowl of the maple. That's what I had last year and it was amazing. Still, the fabulous service and amazing filet mignon made us both give this restaurant an A rating. We'll be back!!!

Tomorrow:
Pepper Market for lunch at Coronado Springs and Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney for dinner.

Day 7 - Part 1

Lunch at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs
After hearing about how great PM is, we decided to try it this trip and explore the hotel while we were at it. A very nice hostess sat us and explained how the restaurant worked. We were each given a card and had to get it stamped at the various "stations" where we received our food. After eating, we were to bring our cards to the cashier and pay then. We were pleased to find that virgin daiquiris and virgin pina coladas were included on the plan!! We gave our order to our waitress and immediately got up to explore all the food stations.

Dh decided on the ribeye steak entree while I decided on the chef special which was a turkey sandwich club w/bacon, swiss & chips. Since my meal wasn't a hot one, I was sitting on the table just eyeing my meal for about 10min. before dh came back with his steak. Man how I wished my mother hadn't taught me manners!! ;) While dh waited for his steak, he asked if the ice cream was included on the dining plan. He was told "yes", but the ice cream was pretty hard right now, but should be softer in about an hour so it would be easier to scoop. That was a little strange, but dh figured he'd go back after finishing his steak.

Our drinks were okay, but not very well blended. My sandwich was WONDERFUL. The bread was very fresh and everything mixed perfectly together. Dh's steak was okay, but nothing special. The sides that came with it (veggies & potatoes) were better than the steak itself!

It was during dessert that the excitement ensued! We had read conflicting reports on the DIS boards about what desserts you're eligible for on the dining plan. We went to the dessert booth and watched in wonder! A couple in front of us was yelling at the elderly CM working there saying that they should be able to get whatever they want for dessert because they had been all week long. However, the woman was very short with them and said that we were only allowed the desserts in this one area. Go speak to a manager! The ice cream WAS allowed on the plan so dh asked the woman for the second time for a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Well guess what, she brushed him off!!!! She said, "in a minute", but she never did!!! I understand that the ice cream may have been hard for her to scoop, but there were many CM's around who would have done it, but she got so snippy whenever anyone asked a question to someone other than her.

People were wandering around bewildered. I settled on an M&M cookie for dessert. I just wanted to get out of there. Since dh couldn't get ice cream he wanted to get a fruit cup but was told it wasn't on the plan either! He wasn't doing very well with finding something he wanted to eat!! Since the woman refused to get the ice cream, he finally decided to get one of the same cookies I had since I actually enjoyed it very much. I felt badly for him, but thrilled that I got TWO of these delicious cookies!

It was an interesting experience at Pepper Market. I just wish it was consistent. My in-laws had eaten there the day before and had RAVED about the big desserts and how they were allowed anything. Today, we weren't allowed very many things and were even refused the ice cream which IS on the plan!!! Go figure! We left with full stomachs however and were amazed that the final bill was over $50 and this was a counter service meal!!!!

Next post: the fantastic Wolfgang Puck Cafe for dinner!!

Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney for Dinner
We were very excited to try WPC this trip. We arrived 5min. early for our 5pm reservation. We requested a window seat overlooking the water and we were seated by a window immediately! Our waiter was terrific and clearly outlined what was included on the dining plan. It sounded like everything was included with the exception of sushi as an appetizer (if you wanted sushi, it was considered an entree). No smoothies were on the plan either so we had to....gasp.....have lemonade! It actually worked out well because it was a particularly hot day and we were very thirsty. Dh ended up having 4 glasses of lemonade!

For our appetizers, dh had the chicken quesadilla while I had the spinach and five cheese dip. The chicken quesadilla was a very good size and probably our FAVOURITE appetizer of the trip! :thumbsup2 It had a little spice to it and the bbq sauce flavour was terrific. My appetizer was obscenely HUGE. It was bigger than any entree should ever be let alone an appetizer!!! I enjoyed it, but felt terribly guilty not eating even half of it. A fellow diner beside us ordered calamari and it was even LARGER than mine!!! For our entrees, dh had the angus filet mignon while I had the crusted hazelnut chicken. Dh enjoyed his filet, but admitted that he was growing a bit tired of filet this trip!! Go figure! He had been ordering it at almost every restaurant so far! The crusted hazelnut chicken was recommended to me by our waiter. It was fabulous! There were two large chicken breasts included with it and it took everything out of me to finish one of them! When our waiter came to check on us, he actually looked disappointed that I wasn't finishing the meal. I think he thought I didn't like it. I assured him that it was terrific, but I was trying to save room for dessert. That seemed to reassure him slightly, but just to make him feel better I had a few more bites! Oh my poor stomach! Darn my people-pleasing problem! ;)

Time for dessert. I didn't know how I was possibly going to fit another bite into my stomach, but somehow I managed. ;) I had the white chocolate cheesecake while dh had the chocolate fondue with cake and fruit. My dessert was terrific (I LOVE white chocolate), but I was only able to eat a portion of it. Dh however, was IN LOVE with his dessert. He said the fondue was outstanding and the fruit and brownies for dipping weren't too shabby either. It was the best dessert he had all trip!!!!! Finally he had a winner!!!

When the bill came around, we were expecting it to be well over $100. However, it was only for about $74. We questioned our waiter, and he said that Disney only compensates them $74 so they only bill us for that amount. I wondered how much money does WPC and other non-Disney restaurants lose on the dining plan? Still, we had a fantastic experience at WPC and my only regret is not being able to eat more of my meal! Our waiter provided terrific service and the food was just as good if not better! Dh gave this WPC an A and I gave it an A+. Have I mentioned that I LOVE the dining plan? :teeth:

Tomorrow:
Old Porte Royale at Caribbean Beach Resort and Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge with some snacks in between!

Excellent reviews as usual! Thanks for being so descriptive about everything, food, service, etc. Looking forward to reading about Mara, and I think Concourse is still to come also. Thank you again!

dixiedizfan said:
Excellent reviews as usual! Thanks for being so descriptive about everything, food, service, etc. Looking forward to reading about Mara, and I think Concourse is still to come also. Thank you again!
Thank you!! Yes, Concourse is coming up! It was our last table service meal of the trip and we were not diappointed! I hope to finish the report asap!

Day 8

Since we were dining at two signature restaurants this trip, we had to double up on the counter service restaurants a little bit. Today was going to be a day of two counter service meals. I was actually looking forward to not having a lot of food today.....but I should have known better! ;)

Old Port Royale for lunch at Caribbean Beach Resort
We had never been to this hotel before so we decided to do some exploring and drop in for lunch. We really liked the hotel and hope to stay there in the future. Old Porte Royale looked like a nice enough food court, but we didn't expect anything special with the food. Were we wrong! We dned up getting a turkey club and enormous chef salad. We also noticed make-your-own sundaes in the dessert section!! Jackpot!! I was also pleased to see that when you paid for you lunch, the cashier gives you your sundae cups so you can go back for you sundaes once your main course is done. I really like that system!

Were we in for a pleasant surprise with our lunch. Turkey clubs CAN be relatively bland, but this sandwich had some kick to it! It was probably one of our best counter service meals of the trip! The chef salad had a lot of fresh ham/turkey/cheese on it - soo fresh. It was so much food (along with our chocolate milks) that I was struggling to get through it. We had a window seat which overlooked the water - beautiful! I still managed to have room to get that sundae however (notice a theme with me? ;) ). It was soft serve ice cream with chocolate sauce and lots of toppings (I chose a lot of the smartie type candy). We took our sundaes outside and sat at an outdoor table, enjoying the beautiful view. We will definitely be back!!

Snack: Smoothies at Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge
As you can see, we do a lot of hotel exploring during our trips. It's half the fun for us! Dh was having a hankering for a smoothie so we decided to check out Mara. The smoothies were something like $4 each and were considered snacks on the dining plan. There were two fruit flavours. For the life of me I can't remember what kinds, but I ended up getting a blend of both. VERY good! Not quite as good as the smoothies we got at Boma, but very close. We sat, enjoying the view of the pool area.

Dinner at Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge
I had read about the great shrimp platter at Mara so I was determined to try it this trip. Tonight was the perfect night for it! Dh ordered a turkey wrap with ENORMOUS salad. Yes, he was the health nut today. Just give me the fried shrimp platter with fries! ;) True - he ate most most of my fries, but still. I really enjoyed my shrimp! It was really hot and plentiful. Dh thought his wrap was average, but the salad was quite big with lots of "stuff" in it. Dh had chocolate milk again while I had diet coke. For dessert, I had my very first mickey mouse ice cream bar of the trip. Oh that chocolate is good!!!!! Dh, the fruit man, had the fruit bar. The only problem was that he didn't notice this particular fruit bar was sugar-free!! He was so disappointed! Still, we were quite pleased with both counter service restaurants today. I was very full as usual, but we were very satisfied!

Tomorrow:
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco in Epcot and Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian for dinner!

Thanks, love reading your reviews! Can't wait to hear about Narcoosee's!

Sorry your anniversary dinner didn't go as well as it should have.

Still can't believe you didn't gain weight! Way to go!! :thumbsup2

Day 9

Lunch at Tangierine Cafe at Morocco in Epcot
I must admit that we had never eaten at a counter service restaurant in World Showcase before! I'm not sure why, but I was determined to rectify that problem today! I had read about Tangierine cafe so I was excited to give it a whirl.

I really wanted to experiment so I opted to get the schwarma platter with chicken and lamb while dh ordered the Mediterranean wrap with chicken. Both meals came with couscous salad and a couple other sides. Wow the portions were huge! I really enjoyed the lamb and hummus. Dh enjoyed his meal, but it wasn't one of his favourites. I enjoyed it very much. It was also nice to be able to eat outside and watch the people go by. We were only allowed soda/pop to drink and they gave us two different types of baklava for dessert. Dh doesn't like baklava.....so poor me had to eat mine and his. :teeth: Boy was it good!! We had an early lunch today because I really wanted to save room for dinner tonight - Narcoossee's!!

Dinner at Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian hotel
I was sooo excited to try this restaurant! We had a 6pm reservation. We were seated immediately after checking in and were pleased to get a window seat. Our waiter was absolutely fantastic and engaged us in conversation, asking all about our trip. As we were approaching the end of our trip, I was a little sad but I said that it has been a fabulous anniversary trip with lots of adventures. He asked us about our trip highlights, etc.. Great guy!!

Keeping with our smoothie trends, dh ordered raspberry and I ordered strawbery. Both were delicious! I was excited to have calamari as my appetizer and boy, what a treat that turned out to be! The spices they used were very different from any spices I've ever had on calamari. Absolutely delicious! Sadly......the portion was GIGANTIC and when I had finished eating, it basically looked like I hadn't made a dent in it! Dh ordered the Heirloom Tomato-Blue Cheese Crostinin Salad. He said it was good, but since he's not a big blue cheese fan, he decided that I would have probably liked it more than him. The problem was that I would have liked to order almost all of the appetizers. They all looked so great!!

For our entrees, dh ordered........you guessed it.......the filet mignon. He doesn't like seafood, so his choices were limited. He said it was cooked well, but it wasn't his favourite filet mignon of the week. I had the surf & turf. It was my first and only lobster of the trip. I loved it!!! As I sat there, gazing out the window watching the boats go by, eating lobster & filet mignon......I honestly thought that it doesn't get better than this!

But wait.....it DOES!

After ordering our desserts of sorbet & fresh fruit for dh and the chocolate concoction for me (can't remember the name), our waiter disappeared for a minute. He came back with................2 glasses of champagne with strawberries on them!!!! He wanted to give us a special complimentary champagne toast to congratulate us on our anniversary!!! I was so touched, I almost cried! It meant so much to me (and certainly made up for our not so great Artist Point experience). Our waiter was obviously listening to me when I was blabbing all about our week (though I didn't mention our Artist Pont experience)!! He also brought us some personalized menus. Our desserts came out a little later and they were sinfully fantastic.

After our dinner, we went outside and sat on the outdoor benches enjoying the view. What a wonderful night from the service, to the food, to the view. Even if our waiter hadn't surprised us with the menus and champagne, the evening would still have been wonderful!! Dh gave this meal an A and I gave it an A+!

Tomorrow:
Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch at Downtown Disney and Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary for dinner.

Day 10

Since we were going to Downtown Disney again to get me another rice krispie treat (this one was very good as well, but the woman dipping the chocolate would not dip the whole thing in chocolate), we decided to try Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch.

Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney for lunch
I had read good reviews of this restaurant and if it was anything like Wolfgang Puck Cafe, I knew we'd be in for a treat. It did not disappoint! There were two menu items that were not allowed on the dining plan, but I can't remember what they were. Neither of us wanted those entrees anyway, so it was of no consequence to us. We decided to get two meals that we could share. I ordered the pepperoni & mushroom pizza while dh ordered the chicken caesar salad. We both had pop/soda to drink (I don't think we were allowed anything else, but I'm not positive). For dessert, I had the creme brulee and dh ordered the brownie. They gave us a number to bring to our table. We decided to eat outside. Within minutes, they brought our order to our table; pizza, caesar salad and desserts. The pizza was wonderful! It was a very big size and the crust was very good. It was miles better than the Toy Story Pizza from a couple days ago. The caesar salad was very good and went great with the pizza! As usual, I couldn't eat it all, but dh more than made up for it today! My creme brulee was very good. I even thought it was better than some of the table service restaurants! Dh didn't care much for the brownie but he decided to save it for later. I actually ended up eating it at the airport the next day and I LOVED it. Men! ;) This counter service restaurant turned out to be one of the best of the trip.

Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary hotel for dinner
We had a 5:30pm reservation, but we ended up getting there for 5pm. We hoped that they could get us in sooner, but we learned that the restaurant didn't open until 5:30pm! No problem - we just sat in the Outter Rim and enjoyed the view! At 5:30pm promptly, we were seated at a far corner of the restaurant. Our waitress was prompt and nicely explained the dining plan to us and what we were eligible to order. Naturally, we started with 2 smoothies: one was "the Classic" and the other was "Bay Lake". They were fruit blends. I can't remember what the flavours were specifically, but they were possibly as good as the smoothies from Boma. The only negative against them, was that they were smaller in size. However, my stomach was likely quite happy about it!

For our appetizers, dh ordered the honey sesame chicken wings. They were very good and plentiful - maybe too plentiful! Dh thought that they were the perfect amount for an entree, not an appetizer! I had the mozzarella and tomato salad. It was quite similar to the tomato stack at Le Cellier, except that the tomato was cut up into smaller pieces. I actually enjoyed this salad better than the one at Le Cellier.

For our entrees, dh had the St. Louis pork spareribs! Yes!! He finally ordered something other than filet mignon! He really enjoyed them - the meat just fell off the bone! Surprisingly - it was me who ordered the filet mignon! It was cooked perfectly and quite tasty. However, I was really starting to feel uncomfortably full. I guess 10 days of good eatin' can do that to a gal! ;) For dessert, we ended up sharing the creme brulee and key lime tart. The creme brulee was good, but you know, I think I preferred my creme brulee at Wolfgang Puck Express! The key lime tart, however, was fantastic!!! Had I had room, I would have eaten every bite.

By the time we were eating dessert, the deserted restaurant was practically full. We didn't really feel rushed, but we were actually walking out of the restaurant in 45 minutes!! Our waitress wasn't the most personable we had all trip, but she did her job very well and was quite pleasant. We were pleased with our experience. We both gave Concourse a rating of A-.

Leftover Snacks
We had a lot of leftover snack credits! I didn't think we would, but with such big meals each and every day, we didn't always have room for snacks. Here's a list of the snacks we ended up either eating during the trip, or ended up bringing home.
2 made to order rice krispie treats from Goofy's Candy Company in DTD.
2 smoothies from Tamu Tamu in Animal Kingdom
2 smoothies from Mara in Animal Kingdom Lodge
1 box of choc. chip cookies from candy store on Main Street in Magic Kingdom
1 milkshake from Min & Bill's dockside in MGM
1 spicy cheese pretzel from Min & Bill's dockside in MGM
1 turtle fudge at Beverly Sunset at MGM
1 rocky road fudge at Seashore Sweets at the Boardwalk
1 Sicilian pizza slice from Italy Booth at Wine & Food festival
1 strawberry sundae from one of the booths in Epcot for dh
1 strawberry sundae at Pop Century Foodcourt
3 bags of chocolatears chocolate covered caramels to bring home for family at Pop Century food court
2 regular rice krispie ears treats for family at Pop Century food court
1 bag of gummy shaped Disney characters at MK candy store for nephews

Last Day breakfast at Pop Century Foodcourt
You may have noticed that we haven't used any counter service credits for breakfast. Well, actually I missed one. One one of the days this week, dh had the Adult Breakfast Platter - scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuit, sausage, and bacon for breakfast. I took a few bites of it. He said that the potatoes were quite stale. He was disappointed in the quality. However, on this our last day, we decided to use up our last 2 counter service credits on breakfast. Dh ordered the adult breakfast platter again while I got a bacon/egg croissant sandwich. The croissant was very fresh and bacon & egg plentiful. However, I did think it was pretty greasy. Dh was again quite disappointed in his platter. Instead of being stale, the potatoes were quite undercooked today. He couldn't even eat it all which is quite a rarity for dh!! We were glad that we had eaten breakfast in the room for the majority of the trip. I filled my refillable mug one last time with coke slushie before making our way to the Magical Express bus. *sob*

Well, that's our food for the trip! If y'all excuse me, I MUST go have lunch now!! Feel free to ask any questions. I'd be happy to answer!!!! :sunny: It was a fabulous trip with fabulous dining to match. I think the only reason why I didn't gain weight, was because we do a lot of walking. We may even do more walking than most people since we walk at such a quick pace. I was SURE I'd come home to a big jump on the scale, but I didn't. I hope all of you have similar results while still enjoying all your favourite treats!

oh how i hate you too! i'm eating no carbs to try to get the 15lbs off i gained. I was at disney for 9 days and went from a size 11/12 to a 14!! i had to go shopping (the week at the beach after disney didnt help either lol)

enjoying your report!

Thanks once again for all the wonderful reviews, and also for filling us in on what you were able to get for snacks. Enjoyed it thoroughly. :thumbsup2

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your reviews! Thank you so much for all the detail...I do have a question, maybe for your DH, LOL! Since he had a filet in so many restaurants :rotfl: , which did he think served the best? My DH loves a great filet as well. Thanks for your thoughts! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter