• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

We went for our first dinner there last week. It was a wonderful experience, the food was delicious & the service was impeccable.

We had the seven course dinner which was plenty to eat. My husband is a very healthy eater & was worried he wouldn't get enough to eat! By the time we were served the main course we were stuffed! I couldn't eat much of my Kobe beef, husband had to finish it. He was pretty full by that time, didn't think he could finish everything. I took one bite out of my soufflé, I called it quits!

We dined on 9/23/16 and had a great meal. The 7 courses were more than enough. We were stuffed.
If they have the Turbot (it's an upgrade), absolutely get it. It was amazing and easily my favorite dish.
IMG_0922.JPG IMG_0923.JPG IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0920.JPG

Last edited:
We dined there on my birthday (11/20) for the very first time. It was an indescribable experience of pure pleasures. Any serious foodie needs to experience this restaurant at least once. Hands down the best meal I have ever had in my life. It was truly an evening to remember.

May I make a ressie for one person at the Chef's table? I would be willing to share with another party if needed. Thanks.

When you make a reservation for the Chef's table it's up to 10 people. So you can make the reservation and then invite people to join you. We did this when we went. There were two of and we invited friends to join us. We each paid for our own bill.

We ate in the Queen Victoria room on our trip this past week for our anniversary. It was the 10-course meal. We went in assuming it would be an unbelievable once-in-a-lifetime experience for us..

..Turns out, it was so wonderful we are already planning to book another reservation for our birthdays in September! :rolleyes:

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. My husband and I have made reservations on 2 separate nights : 1 for Victoria and Albert's dining room and another evening in the Queen Victoria's room. We will only do one if any at all.
We have never been and honestly I am not sure if I can stomach the price for either, but if we do end up going can anyone give me a comparison between the 2 experiences. And if the QV room is considerably more worth it compared to the regular dining? I understand the menu is more personalized and the service is more exclusive and private. Has anyone done both that can give their opinion? Thanks in advance!

@Vivaciousbee sticking to the main dining room will give you the most options. You can get the 7 course typically served in the main dining room and the 10 course served in QVR and Chef's Table and choose between the wine pairing served with the 7 course, the wine pairing served with the 10 course, and the Sommelier's Reserve wine pairing served with the QVR/Chef's Table menu.

You and your husband don't even need to get the same number of courses and they will be spread out well, the last time we went we had 5 people, 3 people get the 10 course, 2 of them get the regular wine pairing with the 10 course, the other the reserve wine pairing with the 10 course, one person get the 7 course with the 7 course wine pairing, and the last just get the 7 course with an addition but no wine pairing, it was exceptionally paced between all guests.

To save money, you could split a wine pairing, they won't split the pour between two glasses but as long as you're fine sharing the glass you should be fine.

There are many other optional upgrades, they usually have a turbot upgrade available (which I think anyone who's gotten it would recommend you get it and some have mentioned that they will split this upgrade between 2 people)

Sihpon/Vacuum Brewed Coffee (3 choices of bean, one decaf option) which is an upcharge well worth it. The Loose Leaf Tea is also brewed in a Siphon like method.

On the 7 Course there's also another option where you can have a second piece of higher quality heavily marbled Japanese beef served with the Australian Kobe beef course, I personally didn't find that particular upgrade worth it the time I got it but many have.

They also have a water menu of more than a dozen different waters from all around the world they surprisingly do taste different although water is water. Their "own" filtered water is also available.

White truffles and caviar which are silly overpriced, are also available, but then again this is Disney.

As to overall price/value of the meal, I think the vast majority would say that it was worth it for the overall experience, You also get a pound cake and truffles to take home for "breakfast" the next morning, so you should be able to skip breakfast the next day which help offset the cost.

Last edited:
Re splitting wine pairings: we dined at V&A on Jan. 7 (2017) and asked to split them, but asked that if DH and I had chosen two different dishes for a given course, that DH be given the full glass to match his dish. They said that wasn't necessary, and throughout the meal they poured each of us a half portion of the wine appropriate to our specific dish. I got the impression that they're accustomed to sharing wine pairings, and on reflection realized that since they're pouring from open bottles used for all tables, it's no problem for them to match each person's dish. So yes, you can split the wine pairings, and each of you will have your own glass of the appropriate wine.

I agree with Steg, Vivaciousbee. Both experiences will be wonderful, but if you're worried about the price, please stick with the main dining room. It will absolutely blow your mind away, and you'll be so glad you decided to dine at V&A - no matter which room you choose - so I suggest going with the least expensive. It will truly be a meal to remember. Bon Appetite!

We've book the QV room on my birthday, 9/11. It's our honeymoon trip too so I'm super excited! This is one of my bucket list things and I get to do it with my new husband. WOOOOO!

Is it still recommended to book V&A over the phone instead of online? I will probably try for the chef's table or Queen Victoria room. We have dined in the main dining room before. Thanks

Is it still recommended to book V&A over the phone instead of online? I will probably try for the chef's table or Queen Victoria room. We have dined in the main dining room before. Thanks

We booked online at 180 days for our dinner this past January. V&A called us about a week before to ask about food allergies, dislikes, etc. All was fine.

By the way, it looks like all bookings are via the phone again. I was looking at stuff Thursday night, the day before I could book for our November trip, and it looked like there was availability in the main dining room for 10/31. When I went to book yesterday morning, nothing showed up for our entire trip. Last night I realized a note on the page saying you had to call. I did call this morning, and there was only one time in the main dining room that only sort of worked:(

However, I did find out that the Food & Wine event will be during the beginning of November, because the day I wanted it completely closed for it. Since this is a celebration of a milestone birthday, I might splurge. She said it would be $645, all inclusive. It looks like it was $600 last year. Has anyone done one of the V&A F&W meals or read a review of one? I can't find anything online.

By the way, it looks like all bookings are via the phone again. I was looking at stuff Thursday night, the day before I could book for our November trip, and it looked like there was availability in the main dining room for 10/31. When I went to book yesterday morning, nothing showed up for our entire trip. Last night I realized a note on the page saying you had to call. I did call this morning, and there was only one time in the main dining room that only sort of worked:(

However, I did find out that the Food & Wine event will be during the beginning of November, because the day I wanted it completely closed for it. Since this is a celebration of a milestone birthday, I might splurge. She said it would be $645, all inclusive. It looks like it was $600 last year. Has anyone done one of the V&A F&W meals or read a review of one? I can't find anything online.
You can still book online. I just did a quick search and dinner for 4 came up for November 2. But for different party sizes it showed nothing. It might have been your party size it wasn't showing availability but when you called they were able to give you a reservation. I think the system online looks for exact sizes even if a party for three would be at the table for four for example.

You can still book online. I just did a quick search and dinner for 4 came up for November 2. But for different party sizes it showed nothing. It might have been your party size it wasn't showing availability but when you called they were able to give you a reservation. I think the system online looks for exact sizes even if a party for three would be at the table for four for example.

We are only a party of 2. Maybe there are a lot of 2 tops reserving. I actually got the Queen Victoria room which is what I meant to get. I have a cold all weekend and was really loopy when I booked earlier today.

We are only a party of 2. Maybe there are a lot of 2 tops reserving. I actually got the Queen Victoria room which is what I meant to get. I have a cold all weekend and was really loopy when I booked earlier today.
We had the Queen Victoria Room. What a great experience! Enjoy!

I think it's harder for parties of 2 to get a reservation since the table is technically for 4. When I went I couldn't get a reservation but saw that 4 was available. I called and they were able to give me the reservation that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter