The Even Newer Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to church at 11 tonight. It seems so late. haha

We used to have the midnight service and it was awesome. Just the whole feel of being in his presence when the clock strikes midnight is incredible. Too bad they got rid of that service.

We used to have the midnight service and it was awesome. Just the whole feel of being in his presence when the clock strikes midnight is incredible. Too bad they got rid of that service.

That sounds awesome. I feel so bad. I havent been to church in a long time. But my mom doesnt take us anymore, and my sister is only home every other weekend.

i asked my mom why were not going to church today and i think she didnt hear me

That sounds awesome. I feel so bad. I havent been to church in a long time. But my mom doesnt take us anymore, and my sister is only home every other weekend.

Ive come to a realization over this last year that, to me, god/jesus/a higher being is all based around a personal relationship with him and yourself. I havnt been to church in close to 6 months or more. But at the same time I dont feel like I have a need or want to. Tonight is different, obviously. But to me I have a MUCH stronger relationship on a personal level with the one I believe in then I could EVER have sitting in pews, singing hymns I dont care about, and pretending to pray.

Some might call me arrogant or stupid, but thats the sole reason why I truly HATE organized religion. Its not about god, its not about jesus, its not about anything but what is "expected" of you, and to me that is not what I care to believe. Im not perfect and im not about to pretend I am.

Sorry rant over.

Ive come to a realization over this last year that, to me, god/jesus/a higher being is all based around a personal relationship with him and yourself. I havnt been to church in close to 6 months or more. But at the same time I dont feel like I have a need or want to. Tonight is different, obviously. But to me I have a MUCH stronger relationship on a personal level with the one I believe in then I could EVER have sitting in pews, singing hymns I dont care about, and pretending to pray.

Some might call me arrogant or stupid, but thats the sole reason why I truly HATE organized religion. Its not about god, its not about jesus, its not about anything but what is "expected" of you, and to me that is not what I care to believe. Im not perfect and im not about to pretend I am.

Sorry rant over.

You are so right. Sometimes, when I do go to church, it makes me feel closer to Him, so I like going sometimes. But I've found that if I go every week, I don't get as much out of it.
I usually only pray before bed, when I feel like it. If someones like "bow your head to pray", my mind usually wanders and I end up thinking about what I had for lunch or something not God related.

The part i don't like about christmas eve is greeting everyone when we arrive at my grandmothers house. Awkward moments and all. And then saying hello and every single person says "wow. Youve grown so much" *sigh*

The part i don't like about christmas eve is greeting everyone when we arrive at my grandmothers house. Awkward moments and all. And then saying hello and every single person says "wow. Youve grown so much" *sigh*

Oh thats always fun, especially when you drop 70 pounds and grow 5 inches...boy do I get that a LOT. Its nice to hear, but still annoying :santa:

Do you remember me?
I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you with childhood fantasies
Well, I'm all grown-up now
Can you still help somehow?
I'm not a child, but my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish
My grown-up Christmas list
Not for myself, but for a world in need

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
Every man would have a friend
That right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown-up Christmas list

I love Michael Buble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter