• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The dreaded crane

I was there last night and didn't see it. I must be more tired than I thought

It's usually taken down during the evening before the castle projection and fireworks shows. It's the daytime hours where its presence is a bit overbearing.

Love that your autocorrect changed crane to crank! Perfect! lol

:rotfl:

We have got so used to the crane being there that I don't really notice it anymore. I think the crane should be decorated to fall in line with the theme for each season, since it is there so often.

It's also been up almost every Oct we have been there. I can usually edit it out pretty successfully.

They started earlier because it will not be the usual installation.

SO, I would not interpret this early start to mean they will finish early.

BUT it's really very good news!

I heard they're going to offer a new after hours paid event that gives you dinner with the crane in a special reserved viewing area.

For the low price of only $59.99 that includes cheese, but not park admission or wine. (It is in the Magic Kingdom after all.)

Make sure you set your alarm for 7:00 AM 180 days before your trip to make an ADR for your family!

The crane was up on Saturday the 13th for just a bit. We had been there the evening before (12th) and it was not up. We went early for breakfast on the 13th and it was. Came out of breakfast and it had moved a bit. Lunch time it was moved again and I swear it was gone by the time we headed out around 2. Maybe just a quick fix.

I actually didn't notice the crane at all today. They didn't have it lifted up and I didn't walk close enough to it from the back to see it behind the carousel.

Aren't they working on "Celebrate The Magic" projection throughout August? According to another Disney site it is being refurbed this month. I would guess that's why the crane is up.

The Cinderella Castle projection show will be dark from August 5 to August 30, with performances resuming on August 31 2016.

During the closure, Disney will be upgrading the projectors used for the show.

Aren't they working on "Celebrate The Magic" projection throughout August? According to another Disney site it is being refurbed this month. I would guess that's why the crane is up.

The Cinderella Castle projection show will be dark from August 5 to August 30, with performances resuming on August 31 2016.

During the closure, Disney will be upgrading the projectors used for the show.

The projectors are by Main Street. The crane is for the Holiday lights. It is up early because there is a change happening with the lights and install wil take longer.

The projectors are by Main Street. The crane is for the Holiday lights. It is up early because there is a change happening with the lights and install wil take longer.

I can't possibly imagine what they could do with the lights that would make them better.

Maybe a blue scrim over the crane to blend with the sky.....

So the last two trips that I have been to Disney world the crane at MK has been up the entire time. We even have gone at different times. Now we are going next week and we are hearing reports that the crane is up again! What are the chances that the crane will be up the entire time?

Will it ruin our trip....Of course not. Its just that it would be nice to not have to worry about having a crane in the back of our magic kingdom pictures.

Will it ruin our trip....Of course not. Its just that it would be nice to not have to worry about having a crane in the back of our magic kingdom pictures.
Merged you to the Thread that confirms the crane, unfortunately, is up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter