The Do and Don't of Room Service

Thank you! It sounded like they just didn't offer them in Europe. I'll warn the kids they may be out of them by then, but they may be pleasantly surprised. Maybe we'll find out the first night if the servers offer them up as an option in the MDR for dessert.

We had them on our Northern European cruise last year :) It was the first one of the year, maybe they run out later in the season.

one thing I will add is I put an envelope of 5s on top of the safe because we get breakfast room service every morning and we like it early but can't tell you how many times I have had room service as our wake up call and been thankful to have that stash of 5s there because I'm half asleep lol

We usually tip $2-3 when we order room service and take plenty of $1 bills on the cruise. After I place the order I usually wrestle up my tip money so I'm not holding up the delivery person. Even more important for breakfast ordering as I usually answer the door half asleep. lol

Love the mickey bars (yum yum yum). Have them almost every day. We have ordered the chicken wings several times and they have never come anyway other than lukewarm. We order the cheese plate several times every cruise however I must say that it has been less and less desirable over the years. Used to be amazing, now its mostly a few slices of processed cheese, a small piece of brie. The crackers have been changed as well.
My husband swears by the hamburger, says it is amazing.
But back to those mickey bars.......:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Love the mickey bars (yum yum yum). Have them almost every day. We have ordered the chicken wings several times and they have never come anyway other than lukewarm. We order the cheese plate several times every cruise however I must say that it has been less and less desirable over the years. Used to be amazing, now its mostly a few slices of processed cheese, a small piece of brie. The crackers have been changed as well.
My husband swears by the hamburger, says it is amazing.
But back to those mickey bars.......:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

I sooooo want a Mickey bar right now !!!

I order cookies for my teenage daughter to take to the teen club. I order 20 cookies and she makes friends in a hurry.

I always bring $s with me to tip the hard working staff. A majority of the time we receive our room service in half the estimated time.

Also, another vote for the cheese plate. It's a great snack after a port day.

One night it took about a half hour for my nightly Mickey bar to arrive (which is unheard of! It never takes more than 10-15 minutes). It came on a bowl of ice cubes, with a second bar I hadn't asked for, as an apology!

One night it took about a half hour for my nightly Mickey bar to arrive (which is unheard of! It never takes more than 10-15 minutes). It came on a bowl of ice cubes, with a second bar I hadn't asked for, as an apology!

I like the idea of having ice cubes with Mickey Bars. We ordered them with hot food last time, and they got melted a bit upon arrival. I may order them with ice cubes next time. :thumbsup2

We are room service junkies... love various items at all times of day, have never been disappointed...

In the mornings in order to keep my boys happy and well fed, we came up with a great plan that kicks everyone's day off right: we order all our coffee, juices, yogurt, cold cereal, milk, pastries, bagel, etc etc from room service and once it's called in, I hightail it up to Cabanas and pick up a plate or two and fill them with eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, placing another plate on top to keep it warm... typically my timing is right that I meet the room service server on his/her way in, and we end up with a huge breakfast buffet to satisfy all the hungry tummies, and no one except me had to get out of their pjs. Makes for an awesome start to a day!!

Can you tip at the end of your cruise for Room Service orders?
Not really, the guy delivering will kind of do the "tip wait" right after he delivers and it would be awkward to not give him something on the spot, I don't get the sense that their pay is set up to get tips forwarded to their pay via credit card.... also I think their pay rate is lower than servers so they prefer the under the table like aspect from a tax perspective.... and there are different deliverers so you'd be challenged to find the guy to tip at the end of the cruise because there are multiple delivery guys

Can you tip at the end of your cruise for Room Service orders?

No, there have been many posts on this. At the bottom of the room service menu it says gratuity is not included. So it is expected at the time. Plus, there would be no way to tell who exactly /how many different people brought you the food.

Can't you request a receipt and add the tip to your on board account?

I think yes, although you might have to request one bc a receipt is not always provided from what I understand bc the food is no charge. It is customary though to bring singles for this reason, that's what we do.

I think yes, although you might have to request one bc a receipt is not always provided from what I understand bc the food is no charge. It is customary though to bring singles for this reason, that's what we do.

I agree we for the we do the same. I had read on another post someone wrote if you want a tip bring a receipt so I assume you could charge to your account

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter