The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Café (Upstairs)

OKWAnneMarie

DIS Veteran
I had made reservations at Wofgang Puck Café (downstairs) for my husband and I and his co-worker and his wife. We arrived and I was surprised that the place was so casual. We were told that that dress code was Business Casual and I was very surprised to see people practically in their bathing suits! :confused3

The place was crowed and VERY LOUD! :crowded: We could barely hear the hostess at the podium tell us it would be a 15 minute wait. I didn’t mind the wait, but the other couple seemed miffed. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I could see that they were disappointed in the atmosphere of the Café, especially after eating in the classy bluezoo the evening before. Then I had an idea. :idea: Why not try to eat in the “Dining Room” upstairs (which is also Wolfgang Puck’s, but is a completely different restaurant). I told my husband and he went over to the “Dining Room’s” podium and the hostess, who was very sweet, told us they could seat us right away! TERRIFIC!!! The evening was saved! ;) We went upstairs to find a beautiful restaurant with great views of the lake, Downtown Disney and Disney’s Saratoga Spring’s Resort.

What an unexpected treat this restaurant was! The servers, Tiffany and Thomas (who was a flirt :blush: ), were the best servers we had all week, knowledgeable, friendly, sociable and a lot of fun.

The food was absolutely wonderful. We had eaten in one of Puck’s restaurants in Las Vegas and I was hoping this restaurant would live up our expectations. It certainly did, it was FABULOUS!

I started with the Agnolotti with Sweet Corn (sweet corn and mascarpone cheese stuffed fresh pasta with a grana cheese sauce). Very tasty!

My husband had the Tempura Shrimp (wasabi vinaigrette, thai sweet chili sauce and Japanese rice). He loved it and I tasted it and I agreed with him. YUMMY!

The other couple started with the Caesar salad and the Seared Ahi Tuna Sashimi (sesame crusted tuna, avacado, micro greens salad, sweet ginger with cucumber dressing). They said it was very, very good.

Three of us had the “Chinois” Rack of Colorado Lamb (with wasabi infused potatoes with a spicy cilantro mint sauce). We all agreed the lamb was succulent and mouth-watering. :cheer2: The potatoes were tasty and full of flavor.

My husband’s co-worker had the Wienerschnitzel Kartoffelsalat (crispy veal cutlet and warm Austrian potato salad). He adored it!!! He said it was the best veal cutlet and potato salad he ever had.

For dessert the ladies had Wolfgang’s Apple Strudel with vanilla bean gelato (very good) and the men had “For Chocolate Lovers” (triple chocolate mousse tower, chewy fudge brownie, chocolate gelato, & a chocolate phantom cookie). They both thought it was excellent.

We were all very happy we ate here unexpectedly. This restaurant had remarkable rood and a delightful staff. I can’t wait to go back and bring my children here, they will love it. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review. You don't hear about this restaurant that often. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Great review thanks . We have never dined upstairs at Wolfs, but after your great review we will have to give it a chance.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Ron from Michigan said:
Great review thanks . We have never dined upstairs at Wolfs, but after your great review we will have to give it a chance.

Absolutely, give it a chance. When we first sat down, a family at another table was so thrilled with their meal that they told us everything they ate and explained in detail how everything was cooked and how delicious it all was. It was very funny.

Curious - how much more expensive is the "upstairs" dining? We eat downstairs every time we go to WDW and think the food is very good there too. Have thought about eating in the dining room upstairs but never have.

Thanks.

OKWAnneMarie

I so glad that you had such a great time "Upstairs". DW and I had dinner there after Cirque last November. It was by far our best meal during our trip. Funny, but I can't offer any additional reviews on entree's, as DW had the Wienerschnitzel, and I had the rack of lamb. I did try the crab cake app, and they were the best I ever had.

We are hoping to go back during our trip this November.

Thanks for the review.

Kathy C said:
Curious - how much more expensive is the "upstairs" dining? We eat downstairs every time we go to WDW and think the food is very good there too. Have thought about eating in the dining room upstairs but never have.

Thanks.

The prices seem to be about the same to me. I don't think "upstairs" is that much more expensive. But, to me, even if it costs more, the atmosphere is worth it.

Does anyone know if the "upstairs" bit is on the dining plan?

I'd like to know too - when I made my ADR's they didn't ask me which one, just told me I'd be downstairs and out on the covered patio. I'd like to try upstairs if it's included. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter